Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma 2005+

Comments

• offroader3offroader3 Posts: 37
    hi i would just like to know if anybody tried to pull out the front driver side door,i think my speaker is loose and could hear some annoying sound with small bumps,any detailed instruction would help...
  • If you have had the Steering vibration at speeds of 60-70mph can you tell me what package is on your Tacoma (TRD Off-road, Sport, SR5, etc.) and the size a type of tires? Also, if you have replaced your OEM tires and or wheels what have you found that solved the vibration? Thanks!!
  • ap47ap47 Posts: 11
    has anybody come across a dash kit for an '05 Taco that actually matches the O.E.M. ? By that I mean replicates the silver finish and also has the neat high tech 'machined' look that is duplicated on the plate around the shifter..The schoshe kit is just a plain grey and looks cheap to me and also loses the aesthetic appearance of the O.E.M. Thanks..
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I changed my blinkers and brake lights to all 3W LED lights a while back.

Hmmmm, that sounds like a good idea. Where did you get them? Cost?
  • hey anybody hear clicking sounds from the engine? I hear clicking sounds from the right side of the engine when facing the engine from the front? could this just need valve adjustment or is this normal in every truck? my truck is a 4x2 '07 double cab brand new with just 700 miles. help! thanks.
    I always thought that was just your fuel injection.
  • I finally got the 2005 rear squeak. Can anyone tell me exactly where it comes from? And is there anything I can do myself? Or does Toyota have to fix it? I know there was a Technical Service Bulletin on the leaf spring squeak.
  • wsuiterwsuiter Posts: 6
    I HAD THE SAME THING. I TOOK IT IN, I KNOW THE SERVICE MANAGER, SO HE HOOKED ME UP AND TOOK CARE OF IT. HE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS DIRT OR MUD THAT HAD GOTTEN IN BETWEEN THE LEAF SPRINGS. SAID HE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH HIS. ANYONE WHO USES THEIR TRUCK AS A TRUCK IS GOING TO HAVE THE PROBLEM. ALL YOU CAN DO IS BLOW THE DIRT OUT, AND LUBE THE LEAF SPRINGS UP WITH A TEFLON BASED SPRAY. WILL BE GOOD AS NEW. I DIDN'T HAVE THE PROBLEM AGAIN FOR ABOUT 26,000 MILES. HOPE THIS HELPS :shades:
  • noise is normal valve lash and will not need adjustment untill 75k also slight ticking is injectors////normal.
  • My 05 Tacoma started making a noise sounding and feeling like rear shocks were bad. At oil change last week told service manager about it..there is a TSB on this....they are going to replace rear spring assembly and all 4 shocks...truck has 31K miles
  • Hello, I have the same problem with my 05 tacoma trd, had new tires put on last fall ( a wee bit larger than stock) and started to develop the front end howl this spring. It's getting worse and I'm going to have the dealer check it out.

Any guess on what it is?

Bob
    New Jersey
  • gymbogymbo Posts: 37
    I'm curious about the shifting of this automatic tranny.One day mine will shift into overdrive at 35 mph and the next it will be 40 to 45.Driving around 40,it is subject to go in and out of 5'th gear.Accelerate and I get 4'th,ease up and I get 5'th.I also always notice the shift between 1'st and 2'nd.Does any of this sound familiar or did I get a special one.15k miles on an 05.
    Thanks
  • bigandybigandy Posts: 70
    I changed the oil on my 2005 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 yesterday and happened to look up at the boot on the shaft from the transfer case to the front axel. This boot is right next to the catalytic converter which I think everyone can acknowlege is very, very hot.

The heat shield on the cat converter doesn't seem to be working very well. There is substantial cracking in it and I can see that at about 33 months and 25k miles, this boot will fail a couple of years from now. Anyone have any experience with this problem or know of a TSB on it?
  • my first season with a pickup truck. it snows where i live. are there any issues with snow accumulating in the pickup bed? can you just leave it in there? do you shovel it out? what should i expect this winter without a tonneau cover?
  • shaun5shaun5 Posts: 1
    My 05 tacoma had the rear squeak and i couldnt handle it anymore. I put a 3" lift on my truck and i figured they were going to tell me to piss off, but i took it in and there is a TECHNICAL SERVICES BULLETIN (TSB) on the rear squeak/squish. They replace the silencer pads and spacer....under warranty.
  • I have been to 3 dealers on 4 occasions and they all say this is normal. Have you heard of any solutions or stories of anyone getting this driveline problem fixed. Help from any Tacos out there?
  • I recently purchase a 05 Tacoma crewcab V6 and the "clunking" when I stop and start is driving me crazy. 3 Toyota dealers and 4 visits and they all say it is normal. Does anyone have an update on this??
  • I have the answer - as other Tacos have advised - remove the 2 bolts that hold the driveline center coupling (mark position first, very important), drop and remove driveline from transmission, apply liberal synthetic (works best) bearing grease to spline teeth inside the end of the driveline and reassemble. Having the coupling bolted together exactly in the same position (straight, front to back) is important to avoid vibration as I was told.

Happy trucking -
  • I had my spare tire and my tailgate stolen a few months ago. I've yet to replace my spare tire but my question relates to the under the truck carrier (the cable lift). It basically (over about a week or two) comes down automatically. I'm wondering when I put the new spare on it, will the cable continue to come down everynow and then? I don't remember exactly what the cable lift carrier looked like before the theft of the tire but after my insurance had a look at it, I was under the impression everything was still in place (with the exception of the spare tire). Is it possible I'm missing a pin or something that keeps the cable lift from falling and/or will the aftermarket spare tire lock solve my problem?.....Any help would be appreciated. Thanks jeremy
    Well, of course, I can't see your truck, but my feeling is that once your new wheel is secured by the cable mechanism, you'll be able to lock it up sufficiently that it won't come loose again until you need it. Hope I'm right....I'd try it if I were you.
  • Hi fellows,need any advice,been shopping for tonneaus,which one is better of the two,water proof wise,are both compatible with factory bed extenders,i have 05 tacoma double cab with short bed.any suggestions will help...
  • CMON TOYOTA, GIVE US THE HILUX. YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!!! AT LEAST GIVE US ITS TD IN THE TACOMA EVEN IF THEY DONT GET IT IN CALIFORNIA. CALIFORNIANS NEED TO CAUSE SOME RUMBLE WITH THEIR LEGISLATORS.
  • Since we're at it, any news on the 09 Tacoma yet ?
  • Does anyone else have this noise while running their wipers? I took it to the dealer and it just so happened to be raining so I had the wipers going constantly and the noise went away. When it was cold and I first put them on I could really hear the squealing noise, almost like it was in the transmission/gearing.
    The service mgr has an FJ model and his wipers just started making that same noise.

paul
  • Hello there, does anyone know how I could possbly order or buy a automatic X-runner? I have a Pre-runner now and it is too high for me lifting my pool equipment in and out of to do my servicing business. I really like the options on the X-runner, but dont want a manual. Has anyone tried to do this? buy or order a automatic X-runner? Please help me, i want to buy a new one in the next few months.

Thanks,
    mike
    mikeeverhart@yahoo.com
  • Does anybody know if the v6 used in the 2005 and up is a interference engine or a non interference engine.???
  • That's a very interesting question Ed, I also would like to know the answer to that one if anyone knows. I think that it has a chain and not a belt but thats all I know.
  • I hope you're not asking because you need to figure out what all that rattling is inside your cylinders! Fingers crossed here.
  • rocklarockla Posts: 12
    it has a drive chain if that helps
  • I have been hearing this noise since purchasing the car in '05 and asked the dealer about it twice and I think that they believe I'm crazy. To date it has gotten so bad that I can't even keep the heat on. Funny enough it is worse when the heat is on than the AC. I don't know what to do. Have you found a solution since posting?