Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma 2005+

Comments

• jmarquezjmarquez Posts: 3
    I have an 2006 Tacoma Pre-runner just 9 months out of the dealer and I have the same hard start problem. In the morning, when it has not been started since the day before, the engine takes a long tiem to start. Some times I have to turn the key a second time and then its starts. The rest of the day is starts just fine. I don't think it is cold weather or anything, since I live in Puerto Rico.

I took it to the dealer a few months ago, and of course they said there was nothing wrong. I read in a few threads in this webpage about the same problem with 03-04 Tacomas (see message #1976 at the Toyota Tacoma: Problem and Solutions), and it was somehting about the "fuel suction assembly". Do you know of any TSB's regarding this problem for '06 Tacomas or do you know what could be wrong?
  • blutacblutac Posts: 27
    The Tacs with the V6 are designed to run on regular unleaded (87 octane) fuel. You may use premium fuel but the increase cost per gallon (or litre) does not offest the increase in performance. To get a cheap increase in performance I would recommend a drop in K&N filter and a stainless steel aftermarket cat back system. An aftermarket cold air intake system would only be an additional cost as the system is already of the cold air variety.
  • skibummerskibummer Posts: 4
    Amzoil says that there is 8 luberacation spots,anybody know where they are located? 4 wheel drive 4 cyl. :confuse:
  • ltmarltmar Posts: 45
    I don't remember how many spots, but I do know that the U-joints have grease ports.
  • pb2themaxpb2themax Posts: 471
    Amsoil is wrong. There are 5, not 8. Only 4wd's have grease fittings. They are only on the driveshafts. There are 3 zirks on the rear driveshaft and 2 zirks on the front shaft. No steering joints to grease. PreRunners don't have anything to grease.
  • pb2themaxpb2themax Posts: 471
    Check it out. I love my train horns.
    Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention it is an 05 model,is it the same 5 fittings?
  • geogeckogeogecko Posts: 225
    PB has an '05.
    Thanks again.
  • geogeckogeogecko Posts: 225
    PB, that's insane. I wish I needed an air compressor for some reason, so I could justify putting one of those in mine.

I checked out your thread on it (appears very popular), then checked out Hornblasters. I just want to know, did the cop write him a ticket after he blasted him while checking his signal??? If I was a cop, I wouldn't know if I would be ticked off, or ROFLOL...of course, I probably would have soiled myself if I was as close as he was! :P
  • offroader3offroader3 Posts: 37
    hi i would just like to know if anybody tried to pull out the front driver side door,i think my speaker is loose and could hear some annoying sound with small bumps,any detailed instruction would help...
  • If you have had the Steering vibration at speeds of 60-70mph can you tell me what package is on your Tacoma (TRD Off-road, Sport, SR5, etc.) and the size a type of tires? Also, if you have replaced your OEM tires and or wheels what have you found that solved the vibration? Thanks!!
  • ap47ap47 Posts: 11
    has anybody come across a dash kit for an '05 Taco that actually matches the O.E.M. ? By that I mean replicates the silver finish and also has the neat high tech 'machined' look that is duplicated on the plate around the shifter..The schoshe kit is just a plain grey and looks cheap to me and also loses the aesthetic appearance of the O.E.M. Thanks..
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I changed my blinkers and brake lights to all 3W LED lights a while back.

Hmmmm, that sounds like a good idea. Where did you get them? Cost?
  • hey anybody hear clicking sounds from the engine? I hear clicking sounds from the right side of the engine when facing the engine from the front? could this just need valve adjustment or is this normal in every truck? my truck is a 4x2 '07 double cab brand new with just 700 miles. help! thanks.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I always thought that was just your fuel injection.
  • I finally got the 2005 rear squeak. Can anyone tell me exactly where it comes from? And is there anything I can do myself? Or does Toyota have to fix it? I know there was a Technical Service Bulletin on the leaf spring squeak.
  • wsuiterwsuiter Posts: 6
    I HAD THE SAME THING. I TOOK IT IN, I KNOW THE SERVICE MANAGER, SO HE HOOKED ME UP AND TOOK CARE OF IT. HE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS DIRT OR MUD THAT HAD GOTTEN IN BETWEEN THE LEAF SPRINGS. SAID HE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH HIS. ANYONE WHO USES THEIR TRUCK AS A TRUCK IS GOING TO HAVE THE PROBLEM. ALL YOU CAN DO IS BLOW THE DIRT OUT, AND LUBE THE LEAF SPRINGS UP WITH A TEFLON BASED SPRAY. WILL BE GOOD AS NEW. I DIDN'T HAVE THE PROBLEM AGAIN FOR ABOUT 26,000 MILES. HOPE THIS HELPS :shades:
  • noise is normal valve lash and will not need adjustment untill 75k also slight ticking is injectors////normal.
  • My 05 Tacoma started making a noise sounding and feeling like rear shocks were bad. At oil change last week told service manager about it..there is a TSB on this....they are going to replace rear spring assembly and all 4 shocks...truck has 31K miles