Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Call the general manager of the dealership.. Tell him exactly what happened, and that you have all of the paperwork to prove it. Ask him to remedy the situation. Don't threaten or bring up any personal problems. Just stick to the facts, and tell him that you want the financing that you rightfully qualified for, or compensation to make up the difference.

He should at least agree to meet with you, to see your evidence. If he won't, or won't offer satisfactory compensation, I would first complain to Nissan USA, and if that didn't work, I'd contact the local prosecutor.

Until now, you've probably only dealt with the sales manager and/or the finance manager. You should move up the food chain to the general manager of the dealership. Be professional, but persistent. If you feel you are being brushed off, let them know of your willingness to explore legal avenues, but try not to threaten.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mcismcis Posts: 1
    Where did you get this deal (18,238)?
  • jeep53jeep53 Posts: 49
    We bought our 2008 Sentra SL back in February. Looked at the Honda Civic, Mazda3 and Corolla. Once we drove the Sentra, we were sold. It drives very smooth, quiet and more comfortable than the Civic. You get a lot for your money with the Sentra. The SL came with a sunroof, intelligent key, ABS, CVT, leather, separated trunk compartment, splash guards, side moldings, bluetooth.

When all was said and done, we got it for around $18, 500. It listed for $20,850 I think. Not sure if that's the best deal, but I didn't think it was too bad for all the equipment we got. Before you buy a Civic, test drive the Sentra. You won't be dissapointed. Good luck!!
  • ike3ike3 Posts: 81
    And yet, given the price and all those extra options...still, no heated outside mirrors are made available for U.S. buyers. You can get those on the '09 Corolla. And you can get them on a Canadian spec '08 Sentra, but not here in the U.S. Is anyone from Nissan USA listening? This feature is needed for northern U.S. and mountain west locations. Good deal, yes...but still a pricey vehicle without the $1500. April rebate.
    How about adding this important feature for 2008.5 U.S. production and 2009 Sentra
    production? Makes sense to me. Maybe not for everyone, I admit. But give us a choice, Nissan USA.
  • mia1975mia1975 Posts: 3
    Hi
    I just purchased the S model( ABS and CVT) yesterday at a local dealer here in MA. It took some time but I got iot for $14,500 after the 1000 rebate plus 2.9 financing for 60 months. OTD price after tags and fees = $ 15,450. I think I got a good deal. I tried for an even $14,000 but they wouldnt budge. Im thinking they made $400-500 on the deal, which doesnt bother me.
    Mia
  • noeffortnoeffort Posts: 10
    Justin714,
    Please post OTD minus taxes as we all have different tax rates.
    Sounds like you got a great price! Lowest I have seen.

Also if you could post any options.

Enjoy your new ride!
    mia1975,
    You got a fantastic price too, glad I'm looking at these prices before I deal.
    Thanks for sharing..... Curious at to what "fees" you were charged..
    If everyone posted the "fees" if would be helpful as they all try and include some unsuspecting "fees" after the negotiated price.
    Thanks
  • justin714justin714 Posts: 10
    The OTD price minus tax for my Sentra 2.0S CVT was $14523. The options are splash guards and floor/trunk mats. I could've gotten this car for about $500 cheaper had I waited another week.

Hope it helps.
  • podunk503podunk503 Posts: 45
    got a price quote for 2.0 s cvt

msrp 18990
    otd price 16299 after $1500 rebate

good price?
  • justin714justin714 Posts: 10
    Not sue if it's a typo, but $18990 is the listed MSRP for a 2.0 SL CVT. $16299 OTD for a 2.0 S CVT is way too high as I've only paid $15512 OTD for my 2.0 S CVT. Not sure where you live but I'd get some more quotes from surrounding dealers.
  • hopihopi Posts: 1
    CVT = Transmission Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission)

and not the

Xtronic CVT™ Convenience Plus Package
    Intelligent Key keyless entry and ignition system (Requires Xtronic CVT™)
    Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel
    Integrated overhead CD holder
    Divide-N-Hide™ trunk system
    Cargo net and hooks
    Remote trunk release

can you please clarify... thanks :)
  • podunk503podunk503 Posts: 45
    No typo. $18990 MSRP 2008 Sentra 2.0 S CVT, Conv pkg, alloy wheels, splash guards and floor mats.

We bought it at $16299 + $134 in dmv fees. Not bad in our opinion as it was tough to find a black one with the conv pkg AND wheels in our area at a decent price.
  • dave175dave175 Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2008 Sentra 2.0S, AT, mud guards, and mats for $15,530, excluding taxes and tags at First Team in Roanoke, VA. I test drove the car several times. On the third visit I told them that I had researched prices on Edmund.com and that I would buy the car if they gave me a fair price without haggling, but that I would walk if their first price wasn't right. They gave me the $15,530 price, I took it, and the deal closed smoothly. I believe that I got a fair and reasonable price, but I wonder - how much do you think that I left on the table by not haggling?
  • calc555calc555 Posts: 5
    I was able to get a new 2008 Sentra SE-R with Sunroof and smart key for $18400 out the door (which includes all taxes, dealer fees, and tags). I negotiated this price over the internet and phone with local dealers. I think I got a good price; what do you think? BTW - I am very happy with the Sentra so far.
  • That is a good price nice. anyway I was wondering if Anyone has baught a sentria 2 pointo s in that grean color Nissan has I like the color. and before I go to email menny dealers on if they have one in stock and there best prices I just wanted to no what Peapol thaught of the color. I forget the name of the color sorry guys. has anyone baught a sentria from fits Mall in Pa if so how was there byeing experance. Thankyou so mutch for reading my posting Sorry about the spelling Marco.
  • sentra08sentra08 Posts: 17
    I just picked up the 2008 Nissan Sentra S CVT with convenience plus, alloy wheels, splash guards, and floor mats with divider for $15400 OTD.
  • tlcruztlcruz Posts: 54
    I think you got a good price on your SE-R. I've been looking to replace my 02 SE-R and I can't get any dealerships to be close enough to my price. You got the same options that I want. Where did you get this fabulous deal? :)
  • I bought the car ON THE ROAD (includes all taxes, title, tags) for $ 15,000. This was a 2008 Sentra, 4-door sedan 'S' package, 6-speed manual transmission.
  • falicity98falicity98 Posts: 4
    I'm in negotiations with a dealer to buy a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with floor mats, body-side molding for $14843.00 OTD. That includes a trade-in of a 2004 Suzuki Forenza with 54,000 miles. The Suzuki is in good running condition and the body is good except for a dent in front quarter panel.It also has an alarm system, tinted windows, new tires. I owe 2600 on it. The dealer says he's giving me $1400 on my trade.Does this sound like a good deal?
    Thats a good deal, just got a quote for a 08 2.0s for 15,776 + tax + tags.

How much without sales tax?
    Best to give prices without tax as it varies from state to state.