Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The guys at Infiniti of South Atlanta at Union City are competetive also, they are transplants from the Troncalli dealership. Bought my QX from South Atlanta, two Q45 and FX45 from Troncalli. Atlanta is by far the major market for Infiniti and Troncalli always has triple the inventory of any dealer in the country, but Infiniti controls the dealer swaps. By the way I received the second to hit the floor last spring and got a $6500 discount then when everyone else wanted sticker or at best $500 off
  • Picked up a brand new 04 QX for 50K. Sticker was 55,250 so it is fully loaded. Could have rec'vd the 2K rebate, but that is good only if you buy and I am leasing. Paid $300 over invoice, so I feel good about it. They are not discounting the 05's much.

39 month/39K mile lease worked out to $673 including 5% MA sales tax (paid first month, acq fee ($550), plates ($83), and doc fee ($149).

Will check back to give an update on the truck after the wife puts some miles on it.
  • I'm in the market for an 05 QX56 with DVD player/Satellite radio/sunroof/Inteligent Control. What's a good price in the DC/MD/VA area or neighboring states?
  • jaybeaujaybeau Posts: 2
    Well we must have hit it just right. It was about two weeks before Christmas at about 6 o'clock on a Friday night. We had been looking at Tahoes and were pretty fed up with stickers close to $40 grand for what we thought was an "average" SUV. My wife had been driving a Volvo C-70 convertible and was tired of being run off the road. When she saw the black QX-56 that was all it took. By the way, the name of it is liquid onyx, and it fits it perfectly. The "list" on our leftover (only 23 miles) was $51,750 and the dealer ran an ad in the local paper~ which we did not see until we hit the show room floor~ for $47,950...we were not at all familiar with Infiniti's pricing until my son chirped up,"Dad, they don't budge on prices." Well we got the deal of a lifetime and the CHEAPEST car we have bought since the early 80's. Let me explain~ we got 30 grand plus for the Volvo and paid no tax on the trade in value so for about 15 grand we drove off in our new QX-56. It might help to tell you that the dealership was in total turmoil as they were moving~ right around the corner to our house. We bought the cargo net for the rear area and it seems to be working well. The price is stiff but so is the gas pump after you fill up.A K&N will net no mileage gain so save your $50~ we already tried. Great vehicle~ hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
  • jaybeaujaybeau Posts: 2
    Come to Baton Rouge~ see our post #97.
  • Peteydog (And any other recent '05 QX buyers)

Momoftwins here and I cannot believe that you got your '05 QX for 49K (alebit in Dec '04 vs Mar '05)! Where do you live so I can go to your dealer and how were you able to get it for $49K when invoice for a fully loaded QX (minus ICC) is $50,171?

Please let me know ASAP as I have been quoted $53K for a fresh off the truck '05 QX ($3,100) over invoice. Thanks.
  • mricha02mricha02 Posts: 2
    Just purchased an '05 QX56 2WD with sunroof, splash guards, and rear cargo mat. I paid 47.5K at Infiniti of Melbourne (Melbourne, FL). I've bought a lot of cars and have to say that this dealership was the best experience my wife and I have ever had. We traded in an 03 Navigator and their first round of numbers they gave us 3K over Kelly Blue Book value for excellent condition, which was great considering that the resale on a NAV is horrible. The second round they came down to 47,984 and we settled on 47.5K. Finance office was great and gave me the best rate (which I had researched prior to) without any haggling or trying to get me to buy an extended warranty to lower the rate. I was in and out in a little over an hour including test drive. If you're looking, definitely check them out
  • This is my first luxary car and I love my QX56. I can't see buying this cars because I want to drive a new car every 3 years. Tell me if i got a good deal, 2004 loaded but no DVD. I got it in december $659 a month 36 months. NO money down. All i paid is first month and registration fee.
    I love this truck eventhough the brakes are no good. I took it in for service and the service is amazing. I got an FX45 (loved it) to hold me over and they fixed all the little things and the breaks within 1 day.
  • How much under MSRP have people been paying in the Dallas, Tx area? Thx!
  • Katana2:

I am purchasing a Silver Indulgence QX56. I saw your post about tinting the front windows. Do you know what "percentage" you used on the front windows? I wanted to match the fronts to the rear sides but they advised it would be VERY dark. Do you have a photo? Let me know... How do you like the truck?
    thanks

Jfries
  • frankie515frankie515 Posts: 2
    Took a leftover 04 on December 31 and got $8000 off sticker in NY/NJ area. The MSRP was $55,350 and paid $8,000 less....you dont get a great choice of color, but I took the last Cobalt Blue and I learned to really like the color....besides the truck is great and saved over $20K compared to the Escalade which was $68K with the same options.....
  • I saw that this same reporter wanted to speak to someone regarding Lexus Rx330 and Infiniti QX56. I am very interested in speaking with this reporter. I had a 2005 RX330 for 5 months. When my vehicle reached 5,000 as required I took it in to Kendall of Lexus in Miami, Florida. Approximately 2 weeks later the car was stolen from my circular driveway, steps away from my front door. The alarm did not go off, no window was broken, police and all others I contacted believe it was an inside job from the dealer. I wrote to the CEO of Lexus, Bob Carter back in May, 2005 when this theft occurred. To date no one at Lexus seems to care nor have they acknowledged my certified return receipt letter, which was received. I am now looking at purchasing an Infiniti QX56 and hope that Infiniti will stand behind their vehicles and their customers a lot more than Lexus. The breech in security and personal information at the dealership seems to be a problem which Lexus wishes to ignore. I want everyone to know my experience and I believe there is a big story about theft after having a vehicle serviced. If you are interested, please contact me at miamilexus330.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,830
    I will pass your information along to the reporter - thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• paotronpaotron Posts: 7
    I am thinking to purchase a 2005 QX56 very soon. Does anyone know if the brake problem have been resolved?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,830
    You can ask those who already own the vehicle in our regular Infiniti QX56 discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Guys,

Currently have 2000 LX 470 and looking to trade for 2005 QX. LX is great, but not many bells/whistles for $$$. The QX's nav is cool and room is second to none. The fold flat 3rd row is very exciting vs. LX crappy 3rd row. I'm in St.Louis area and Bommarito Infiniti will take care of me if any problems. Question is I want to put 22" rims/tires on it and was hoping any of you guys that have done that can recommend package. I know good when I see it...the dealer's aftermarket wheels are just average. Thanks alot and I'll make I sure I share my experiences.
  • bigkev7000bigkev7000 Posts: 23
    I would start by looking in some magazines like DUB, Rides etc. I seen one in both rides and dub sitting on 26" Gianelle Milos-6 rims.Just a thought you might want more stopping power rolling on something like that. Its in the june/july edition of both magazines. Hope this helps
  • Thanks, I think I've decided on some 22" Akuza OJs w/Nitto tires. It's amazing the different wheels out there - they do look great on the QX.

BTW, I'm getting $500 over invoice on a fully loaded 2005. They have fixed the brake/rotor problem and your service mgr can tell you if you have the new/improved based on build dates. If not, eventually everyone w/ '04 and early '05 models will get retrofitted. God luck and happy motoring!
  • Since the 06's will be released in a few weeks, I'm looking to purchase a new 05 in order to save a few dollars since the dealers need to sell off the remaining 05's. What are people paying for the remaining 05's? I've also heard that the brake problems have been fixed on all QX56's manufactured after May 05. I've also been informed that the only difference in the 06 vs. the 05 is that the 06 will come with Bluetooth as an option.
  • nomar69nomar69 Posts: 49
    This from Nissannews.com:

"The QX56 enters 2006 with several enhancements – most notably the addition of power folding outside mirrors with heat, electrochromic auto-dimming, power adjust and integrated turn signal, 60/40 split for the 3rd row seat, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System and mp3 playback capability are added to the vehicle’s extensive list of standard technology and convenience features."
  • snowdonsnowdon Posts: 38
    Looking to get an idea on price, have sent out several request for prices.

Michael :shades:
  • lds3lds3 Posts: 5
    I test drove the QX this weekend and fell in love with it but dealer won't budge too much on price. GM is offering me a great deal on a 06 Denali loaded...then I look at Nissan and can get a good deal on a loaded LE Armada....what is the justification of spending $5-6K more on on Infiniti than the Nissan??? thanks for your help..I'm baffled!
    Ids3,

I, too, am trying to justify spending the extra $$$ for the QX over the Armada...or the Acura MDX. I'm not sure if the extra luxury touches warrant spending extra money. I am, however, waiting for the '06 on all the above models.

The QX has a better warranty (4yr/60,000mi) vs. Nissan's 3yr/36,000mi. As told to me by the salesperson at Infinity, the QX has 120 lbs more in sound deadening material so that it is more quiet than the Armada. The QX also has a better looking front end (in my opinion) and has xenon headlights. Of course, you'd be getting Infiniti's customer service.

What other vehicles are you considering?
    I'm considering the QX or the Armada (loaded) or the 06 GMC Yukon Denali (which is considerably louder)...I'm leaning toward the Infiniti because I know so many people that swear by their service, but still $$$$!!! Why wait on the 06 models, which I have been told don't come out until November? Won;t they again be considerably higher with not that many changes? I drove an 05 which had JUST come off the truck (15 miles on it) and it was $500 more than one sitting on the lot! So confusing!
    oh, and by the way, isn't the Acrua alot smaller than the Infiniti????
    When it comes to the MDX, looks are deceiving. It's actually as wide as the QX56 (about 78 inches). The difference in length is about 19" (MDX-188"/QX-207")...the QX has considerably more leg room in the second row as compared to the MDX. But in the 3rd row, they are comparable in leg room. In the pics of the 3rd row of the QX, it appears that there's quite a lot of leg room. But, since Infinity put so much leg room for the second row, it decreased the amount of leg room for the 3rd row. The reason why it LOOKS like there's a lot of leg room in the 3rd row is because the 3rd row seat surface is considerably shorter (from front to back) than the second row seats. But, there's a lot more legroom back there than most SUVs.

The main reason why I'm holding off til the '06 QX is because the it has split 3rd row bench seating (which is important to me). And, I'll also be getting a bench 2nd row versus 2 captain's chairs. I configured an '06 QX and it came to $55,712 (incl. destination). I'm hoping the dealer will come down on that since V8s right now are not considered HOT because of gas prices. The Armada (loaded) came to about $47K and I'm sure the '06 MDX will be in the mid- to upper $40K as well.
    I checked out the '05 and ;06 Armada's today and defintely have crossed them off the list! The interior package is awful! The "leather" seats look and feel cheap. The interior trim is as well. Didn't even test drive it. All I had to do is look at it....I, too, like the split seat in the back .. looking forward to seeing if Infiniti will deal, but doubt it! Good luck!
  • kaykay3kaykay3 Posts: 8
    I am also considering a qx56 2005 vs 2006. I saw some of you post today that you are waiting for the 2006's. The 2006's have just come in because I looked at one today. (I live in Houston) It still doesn't show in the dealer inventory on Infinit's webpage, but probably because they just unloaded them and were in the back of the lot and not totally "unwrapped" yet. I did not look at the interior of the 06. I did not realize the 3rd row was different. The dealer told me they were not making deals on the 2006's and they also don't have the special financing on them either. Not sure if the bluetooth, mirrors, and seat are worth the extra $ or not. I am going to go back and check out the interior of the 2006 tomorrow.
    That's too bad that your dealer is not willing to deal. My guess is that the '06 QX56 wont be 'flying off the shelves' so dealers should deal even a little bit to help move them...especially now that gas prices are up. Here in Wash. DC metro area, gas jumped 25 cents today!

Are you considering the '05 or '06 Nissan Armadas? I got quotes from dealers on '05 Armadas and without haggling, they offered $41K for a fully loaded LE (MSRP $47K and invoice of $43K).

I'd like to stick with the QX though. Let us know what you think of the interior of the '06 QX when check them out.

I wonder when the DC metro area will be getting their stock of the '06 QX??
  • Beautiful SUV.......however, watch out for its brakes.....they run out every 5K to 7 K miles.....that is a real headache and I don't see any solution to the problem yet.....Dealers do replace brake discs and pads while in guarantee........but what about after the warranty expires......are you willing to put out of your pocket between $1500 to $2000 every time you have to change the oil on it?