Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Stalling issues with 2006 Jeep Commander

ronson11ronson11 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in Jeep
My commander has recently started stalling at the first full stop I make in the morning when starting off to work. I shut it off and restart and its good the rest of the trip about thirty miles. On the way home maybe it does it again. The oil light comes on and stays on till I restart the engine so may not be related. I replaced cam sensor thinking it maybe problem, nope not it. Next I think hoses. I will make a list of the sizes and go from there. There is 160,000 miles on it so age may have something to do with it. Thought it was water in the gas but no not that either.
I am open to suggestions and seems bringing it to a dealer is the worst thing to do.
Maybe crank sensor is an option but hoses first.

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well if the red light is on that could indicate a somewhat drastic drop in rpm idle speed. Have you noticed that as well, at times?

With this kind of miles on the vehicle, it might be worth it to investigate very thoroughly for vacuum leaks. Those could occur in loose or cracked hoses, in the feed to the power brake booster, or in the intake manifold.

A scan of the vehicle might also prove helpful. You may be able to borrow a scanner from an auto parts store. If you do retrieve a code #, let us know what that is.