Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,029

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• newbiebmwnewbiebmw Posts: 4
    I just moved to California from NYC. I have never had to own a car and I am totally new to the whole leasing a car process. cant tell if the dealer is giving me a good price or not..Plus I am a woman and feel they get confident I dont know.
    The dealer made me an offer on a 05 X3 2.5 that is the base model, automatic, panoramic sunroof everything else is just base. I offer to put down 3,000 dls on this lease which I think it was a mistake to offer this much down, I was trying to solve the problem of not having high monthly payments... monthly lease is for $389.00 plus California Tax which comes out to $ 421.00 a month.

Is this any good?
  • amcdadamcdad Posts: 61
    I saw that on Edmunds, but Message 671 said there was one, and the dealer I worked with did not deny it....No harm in assuming there is one for negotiations sake....
    1) Term and mileage of lease?

2) Is the $3000 a downpayment (cap cost reduction)? Or does that include all of your upfront charges... meaning: Do you write a check for $3000, or is $3000 + acq.fee + 1st pymt + security deposit?

3) What is the MSRP? I show $33,620 for a car equipped like you say, but you might have metallic paint or other options..

Need this info to calculate a lease...

regards,
    kyfdx

• glc4155glc4155 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the Info
    Hi Thank you so much for answering my question. I am going to the BMW dealirship later on today to get my X3. I do want to know still if this is a good deal so here are the anwers to your questions:

1.This is a 36 month lease with 15,000 K a year
    2. Yes the 3000 is for everything aquisition fee, first payment and security deposit.
    3. I am actually getting the X3 3.0 the M.S.R.P is 37,345 I am getting the panoramic sunroof and automatic. Color will be white or black.

I have negotiated this deal to 410 a month (including Caliornia tax)

Is this a good deal?

THANK YOU!!!
    Here is the other information:

Shopping around I got offered the BMW X3 3.0 for 410 a month. Here is the data you asked me to give you:

It is a 36 month lease and 15,000 miles per year
    The M.S.R.P is 37,345.

The 3,000 payment will be for everything acquisition fee, first month payment and security deposit.

I am getting a black or white X3 3.0 Automatic, Panoramic sunroof and "floor mats included".

The monthly payments I have negotiated them down to 410 a month including California Tax.

What do you think?
    It looks like a good deal for an X3 3.0.. You were smart to go with that model.. much more value and better lease deals than on the 2.5

Not knowing the exact breakdown of the $3000, it still looks good.. Maybe $2400 off MSRP and base rates on the lease..

The only thing that I would do differently? I would only pay $1000 at signing.. The other $2000 can be rolled into the cap cost..

That would raise the payment up to $470-$475/mo. tax included.. Better to have that money in the bank, than use it to lower the payment..

regards,
    kyfdx

You Guys in this web site are THE BEST, YOU ROCK KYFDX!!!!

I just got my BMW X3 3.0 yesterday. I think I am proud of the deal that I made, with a lot of negotiation I got my payment down to $371 a month ($407 with the tax which is 3 dlls off from the last quote I said to you, but hey, 3 dlls add up~!). I am getting 15,000 miles a year, and I couldn't be happier.

I do understand about the 3,000 and having that money make money in the bank, I ended up paying this with a credit card that gives a percentage of what I spend back and this calculating it all will be better that the interest rates I am getting at my bank!

Since I already had the money in my account, I will use the money that I have to pay the credit card fully and not pay any interest!

The car is a dream to drive, so smooth and powerful, you really do feel like you are in a little sports car. The Panoramic sunroof is awesome too...This is my first car!

If it wasn't for all the advice you give on this website and all the awesome input from all the wonderful and smart people that posted their experiences here, this would not have happened.
  • lhorn99lhorn99 Posts: 3
    I just received this from a BMW Dealer in Houston. Seems like a good deal to me, any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Base Vehicle
    2005 BMW X3 2.5i AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 6M) $30,300

Optional Equipment

Packages and Powertrain Powertrain
    [205] STEPTRONIC 5-Speed Automatic Transmission $1,275
    Options

Exterior Features
    [--] Metallic Paint $475
    [402] Power Glass Panorama Roof $1,350

Interior Features
    [438] Maple Sycamore Dark Wood Trim $500
    [459] Power Front Seats w/ Driver Memory $995

Colors
    Exterior Color: [A08] Silver Grey Metallic
    Interior Color: Black

Optional Equipment Subtotal $4,595
    Destination $695
    MSRP Total Price $35,590

Offered Price $31,055
  • lunaticlunatic Posts: 1
    BMW X3 3.0, manual, premium package, titanium metallic, grey interior,aluminium trim, privacy glass, rear side impact airbags, destination charge, has to be factory ordered, 90 days for delivery.

invoice $36650
    dealer $38410
    Edmunds TMV $38763 for my region

Can I get a better deal? or do I have to pay appx. 5% over invoice because of factory order.

Regards
    It depends... That is probably right around invoice price, or even a little below.. They can make up a lot of money in the finance office... Between doc fees, bumped up interest rates or money factors, etc, it isn't too hard for them to come up with an extra $1500.. Even at that, you would have a decent deal, though..

Is this a specific car that they have on the lot? If so, it might be a service loaner or demo...

regards,
    kyfdx

You have to pay whatever you negotiate.. It really doesn't have anything to do with whether you order or not..

Can you do better with this dealer? You won't know until you make a lower offer and they either accept or reject.

Can you do better with another dealer? Possibly.. maybe $500-$800 better at best, though..

90 days seems like a long time to get an X3.. I thought they switched over model years in August? Seems like your car should be here sooner than that.. Maybe they are trying not to over-promise on the delivery time.. Most people get their car within 60 days..

regards,
    kyfdx

• lhorn99lhorn99 Posts: 3
    It only has 15 miles on it, so I'm assuming that means it is brand new. I will either be getting the loan through the credit union or taking the 3.9% that they are offering now so I'll try to eliminate that as an opportunity for markup. The only thing that is fishy to me is that it seems to be below invoice price and with BMW not having any holdbacks, it seems like a negative margin deal for them. I guess they plan on making up for it on the servicing of the vehicle.
    Well.. sales departments don't usually figure their profit/loss on later servicing..

But, that is a fairly low optioned/low priced X3.. With the better leasing deals on the 3.0 model, they may just be motivated to move a car, that they think they'll have trouble selling..

If you were leasing, you'd probably take an X3 3.0 that MSRPed for $4K more for the same monthly payment.. and, they probably lease more X3s than they sell..

But, since you are buying... maybe you've just stumbled onto a great deal..

Watch out for dealer prep, document fees, advertising fees, etc.. If they have offered you the car at that price, agree to it, then insist on it.. Nothing should be added but tax, registration, etc.. I'm not averse to an extra hundred somewhere along the line, but anything more than that is too much... Don't forget about floormats!!

regards,
    kyfdx

• labuyerlabuyer Posts: 14
    What are the June MFs and residuals for the X3/3.0? I'd be looking for 15k/year.
  • randvrandv Posts: 15
    Has anyone installed the rear seat entertainment system for X3. Looks like they just introduced. (see ">link article">link title). I am interested pricing and reviews?

Thanks
    did anyone buy an X3 at bay area dealerships? it would be useful to get price and dealer reviews,
    thanks,
    36 mo/15k mi – 60% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate

Residuals actually went up from last month..

• haakonhaakon Posts: 24
    Do you know what the similar figures are for 10K/36month?
    Thanks.
    Add 3% to the 15K residual numbers for 10K.

Thanks for the info. Where can one obtain the residuals percentages?
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    These rear seat entertainment packages while warranted under the manufacturer are sourced out through another company, maybe Audiovox??? Almost always and I mean always you can get an equal video system installed aftermarket cheaper. Now if your leasing and the video package can be residualized., then you'd only be paying for % of the negotiated cost.

For your own reference check out these links. The products are first rate quality (I've used these before in several installations). There posted model availability is often times not up to date, often times it's just better to call the help desk.

http://www.vizualogic.com/

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/index.jsp?type=nprev&catalogId=10001&sto- - - reId=10001&categoryId=874323&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=&brand=
    Ordered a X3 3.0 at Concord BMW (invoice + $500). I found that they were customer oriented -- had bad experience (not at all service minded) at SF BMW and at Peter Pan BMW on the Peninsula. Have you already visited any of these dealerships?
    Where can one obtain the residuals percentages?

On other BMW specific forums that I'm not allowed to link here...

I went to Peter Pan to test drive. For the first 15 mins no one even bothered to talk to me. After I grabed a sales guy he was not motivated to sell the car at all. I wouldn't want to but from them.
    thanks, do you provide instalation services in the bay area?
    Hi everyone,

Can someone explain what does the term 'dealer holdback' mean?

Thanks,
    Raj
    Thanks for the hint. I believe I found the site...
  • ursacatursacat Posts: 32
    We've decided that the X3 is the next SUV. We recently sold our 2002 328i and are selling our Jeep GC and I was in a state of consternation about which SUV to buy. We have looked at the Escape, Highlander etc but I really wanted both a sporty drive (like the 328) and a small SUV. So Viola!

I've purchased many cars over the years and always gotten great deals - mostly private party purchase. We'll I worked out the numbers and with the lease deals on the X3 it seems like the time is right to jump in.

I've read this board over the last few days and it has obviously benefited folks like my self tremendously. However I don't even know what variables I should be asking for (I did read a leasing primer.)

Here's what we are looking for:
    3.0 Liter, Auto, Premium Package, Sport package (I've read a number of posts on this - I like the seats, rims and steering wheel), Servotronic Steering, Satellite Radio Prep, Metallic Paint, Rear Side Airbags.Privacy Glass
    Total MSRP w/ destination and Options $43,105
    (not inc BMW assist - I don't know if this is a "standard option"

We live in Marin County - SF bay Area and there are tons of BMW dealers that advertise attractive leases.

What It sounds like I should do is create a mental "bid sheet" (or maybe a real bid sheet) and ask for the following details:

MSRP
    Negotiated Price
    Cap Cost Reduction
    Net cap cost
    Money factor
    Residual
    Acquisition Fee
    Term/Mileage Allowance
    Payment
    Due at signing: (Tax Title, 1st pymt, acq fees, security deposit, cap cost reduction, other fees?)

Are these the right questions?

Then report back? (I see where newbiebmw really made out by paying attention!)

Thanks in Advance,

Lou