Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• omega2omega2 Posts: 8
    kyfdx, yep, the tire coverage is exactly that - I think I'm comfortable with the coverage -basically insurance. All in the lease terms are the same so I think I'm ok. Thanks for the confirmation.
    regards,
    O
  • markjennmarkjenn Posts: 1,142
    Sorry, I don't get the "tire insurance". They wouldn't be selling it unless they made money on it (probably big money since the markup is typically 100+% at the retail level), so you know that the odds are that you're going to pay more for the insurance then you're ever likely to claim. Insurance is to provide a safety net for unusual hardship if they worst happens. If you can afford a $40K SUV, I would hope you can afford to replace a few-hundred dollar tire or wheel in the unlikely event of a problem.

All that stuff they push in the Finance Mgr's office is typically a terrible deal (paint protection, fabric protection, rust proofing, undercoating, extended maintenance, undercoating, tire insurance, finance insurance, etc.) Most of it goes direclty into the salesman and finance mgr's pocket - a $400 tire insurance policy pays $200 to the insurer and $200 to these yokels. It's all pitched in a way that makes it seem cheap. It's not. Everything is negotiable but the best advice is just to say no to EVERYTHING. You can buy it all a week or a month later if you want.

- Mark
  • jaydeepbjaydeepb Posts: 5
    What a great deal. Can you tell me what dealer you went to?

Thanks for the Info
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Does anyone know when BMW stops placing customer orders for 2005 X3's?
  • mzkmzk Posts: 1
    My wife and I have never leased before and are interested in leasing an X3 (3.0) in suburban NY. We swung by the dealership on a whim over the weekend, both like the X3, and were offered a 3yr. lease, at $470 per mo., with about $3,500 down. This seems like an Okay deal but not a terrific one. I'm sure it's the same opening offer they make to everyone. I'm inclined to ask for more miles (above and beyond the 36,000 cap) plus I want to put down less money up front (big surprise, huh?) and a smaller monthly payment. I don't have a good sense of magnitude though - i.e., what I should realistically insist on getting before I cut a deal.

Any bargaining advice or info. re: comparable deals in the NYC area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MZK
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    If you have the MSRP of the unit you are interested in, we can go from there..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

If they are using the base rates, and your only upfront is $2500 + 1st payment + security deposit.. then they are discounting the car about $1000 from MSRP..

I'm assuming sales tax in FL is 6%.

Now, they may have dealer document fees and/or marking up the money factor.. so, they might be showing a lower selling price... But, if everything is base rates, that is the discount..

I think you should be able to get the same deal with only a $1500 cap cost reduction... That would give you a selling price of $2K off MSRP, which would be fair for all..

At their offer.... your upfront would be about $3500-$3600 total... I think if you could get that lease payment with $2500 total, then you'd have a good deal..

regards,
    kyfdx

• mytoymytoy Posts: 14
    Kyfdx,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct about the sales tax percentage, it is 6%.

How do I go about getting the cap cost reduction to $1500?

Yes, my upfront amount is $3,644.21.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Have never ever negotiated a lease before.

If I were to look to buy this car instead, what would be a good buying price?

MyToy :)
    How?

You tell the dealer that the deal isn't good enough..

Tell him you want the same deal with only $2500 upfront, and the payment and terms to stay the same..

It is no different than if you were buying... He says $35K, and you say, "Make it $34K and you have a deal.."

The worst thing that happens is he says NO.. or only comes down $500... You don't get what you don't ask for..

regards,
    kyfdx

• looking to lease either a 2.5 or 3.0 auto X3. Currently have a 2001 Saturn LW200 wagon with 35K miles I prefer to just get out of. Would BMW be interested in paying off the remainder of my loan ($4800) as trade-in? Avg blue for the car is about $6500-7000. Also have $2K cash available that I'd rather not touch. Looking for payments under $400/mo...Thanks!
  • tb0622tb0622 Posts: 6
    Im in CT - looking at an X3 2.5 (Prem. Pkg., Automatic, Heated front seats, Privacy Glass) for selling price of $35,600 - which is on the mark with the TMV. Trading in my 2000 323i for $12,500 - would like to get $13,000. If dealer gives me $13K for my trade - I'm inclined to do the deal.

Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance...
    Seems a little high to me...am in Fairfield County, CT - and here's the net on what I was presented:

X3 2.5 (pretty basic - msrp @ $36,000)
    $2500 down + fees, etc.
    $425 per mo.
    12K miles per year

Dealer tried to tweak the down payment (up, of course) to get the payment lower. Let me walk with the above deal offered. I didn't bite...likely to trade in and buy. Can't beat the value a BMW in the trade-in market.
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    Are you leasing or purchasing? I also live in CT and have spoke with a few dealers. Which dealer are you working with?
    Purchasing. Endurance in Mt. Kisco (20 mins from CT and close to my train station).
    Kyfdx,

Here is where I stand with my lease negotiations:

MSRP $37,895 - stayed the same

Monthly Lease is $385.00 - down from $399.21

Due at signing, $2965.99 - down from $3644.70

Thoughts on this?

That looks really good...

Kyfdx,

Thanks. When I went back to sign the papers, I actually negotiated a little more and got the monthly payment down to $365.00, tax included.

Get the car on July 10th.

Thanks again for everything.

• adamwadeadamwade Posts: 4
    I'm in southern CA, just leased an X3 3.0i 6speed manual, premium, plus ?? whatever.
    MSRP $39,600
    $399 per month for 3 years (10k year)
    Down Payment = $1250 (first months+registration+refundable deposite)
    This is $0 cap reduction
    They leased the car for below invoice $33k or so.

Irvine BMW, in CA (they have about 10 more with the same deal) This was a BMWFS lease.
    TOld me they over ordered 3.0i's during the California rain storms, but never sold them.
  • sharmabmwsharmabmw Posts: 45
    adamwade,

What was your Money Factor and Residual Value %? I might get in touch w/Irvine's internet manager today depending on what you tell me. (Do you mind if I use you as a reference?) Also, I haven't seen BMWFS July lease numbers yet, but BMW is advertising a $339/mo x 39 mos with a cap cost reduction of $2500. Clearly, that's not the best deal.

thanks.
  • skihskih Posts: 1
    I looked at a Jet Black 2005 X3 2.5i @ Ridgefield BMW (CT) before they opened this morning. The sticker price was SCOTCH TAPED to the window - rather than sealed. Does this mean it's not new?