Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Gee, BMWUSA is offering some mighty high residuals on the X3. Too bad BMW Canada is not quite as generous.
  • syrahsyrah Posts: 9
    I just got the following from a Tampa, FL dealer on a X3 with premium pkg, premium sound, privacy glass. I just started using the site and wanted to know thoughts on how these numbers sound.
    36 month - 15k miles
    MSRP $43,360,
    MF=200
    Residual - 64%
    Total Start = $720
    Month Payment taxes included = $620
  • jayutmbjayutmb Posts: 1
    My girlfriend and I just went to a BMW here in houston and got a new 08 328i which I cosigned for due to her income and credit.. I have good income and great A+ credit so it was not a problem.. The problem came when the night we got the car we did the paper work for the lease and left with a loaner car because the car she got was in bound from "port"... They said that it was late and that the rest of the paper work would go into BMW in the AM. So for the rest of the week we heard nothing from the dealer and it was durring this time that we sold off her only car becuase we "now have" a new car... The next week they say her car is in and we should come pick it up. When we show up to get her new car, they tell us THEN that we need to fork over more cash because BMW now says that with her income she needs to have her payment note at below a certain number....So now she is left out with no car because she was under the idea for the last week and a half that the deal was done since we signed all the paper work that night and have heard nothing from them for so long :mad: .... Is there anything that can be done?
    I would think either they have to stick to the SIGNED deal, or the deal is cancelled and you can walk away.
  • My wife has an e90 330i with a lease ending in late September. We are thinking about moving to a new X3 as its replacement.

I have three questions.
    1. Does anyone know when the 2009 X3 production begins? When would I place an order for a 2009?

2. What is the latest date I can order a 2008 so it is built before the factory transitions to the 2009 production year?

3. What is the typical length of time it takes to receive an X3 after an order is placed?

Thanks
  • tennisboytennisboy Posts: 3
    I am shopping around for a 2004 or 2005 X3. Most of what is within my budget (around $21,000) are 2004s, 2.5s or 3.0s. Three questions:

1) Is the 2004 X3 a good car? I'm also considering an Audi A4 (2004) so any comparable guidance would be great.

2) How much better is it to buy from a Certified Pre Owned dealer than a used lot?

3) Is $22000-$23000 reasonable?

Thanks!
  • tennisboytennisboy Posts: 3
    Well, I did it. I just bought a 2006 X3 3.0 w/40K for a killer $22K. Pretty good deal, eh? I am really excited about it!!
  • stewdystewdy Posts: 17
    Anybody purchased an X3 recently? I've been looking at them and was wondering what kind of deals people had been getting. Are the discounts remotely comparable to what people have been posting about X5's or much less than that? I've seen amounts nearing $7-8K off MSRP posted in the X5 forum.

Obviously MPG is on everyone's mind right now, but honestly, the MPG difference isn't a huge one between the two vehicles, so I think it would almost be worth it to go ahead and get an X5 if the effective price difference between the two was even lower because of better incentives on the X5. Is there anything like the X5 Premium Package Incentive with the X3? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    "...the MPG difference isn't a huge one between the two vehicles"

I assume you're referring to the X5 3.0. If so, how's its performance compared to the X3? Right, not so good. But if you move up to the X5 4.8, the mpg gap widens.
  • szimdahlszimdahl Posts: 5
    I bought a 2007 X3 CPO back in April ( a little before the higher gas prices) with 6400 miles. It was a "retired" service loaner. It is Jet Black with black interior, premium package, xenons, cold climate, nav, and heated steering wheel. I paid $37,900 for it. I've only put about 2500 miles on it so far but am averaging about 22 mpg in my mixed driving commute in Chicago so far.
  • jrynnjrynn Posts: 162
    According to a BMW news release on sales, the company has sold 31.5% fewer X3s in the US in the first half of 2008 as compared to the first half of 2007

2007 YTD through 6/30 - 14,026
    2008 YTD through 6/30 - 9,611

I'm surprised people aren't reporting more generous deals.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,237
    I would attribute part of that drop to the changes in the lease deals from last year to this year.. This year they are good... Last year they were stupid good...

The rest you can put on the rise in gas prices, I guess...

They don't have any dealer cash on the X3s, but they do have 0.9% financing for 60 months... That equates to about an extra 10% off, compared to market rates..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• stewdystewdy Posts: 17
    Yeah, I was talking about the X5 3.0 vs the X3 as far as MPG's. The extra weight the X5 carries vs the X3 would definitely be noticeable 0-60, but that's not a huge concern since my A4 2.0T and Miata don't exactly scream off the line. Despite the fact that sales are down vs last year, there still seem to be about a 2-3:1 ratio of X5's vs. X3's on lots.
    'They don't have any dealer cash on the X3s,..."

They do up here in Canada....up to $4500, although that may be more to address the high Canadian $.
    I just think SUVs in general, are a dying genre. First the minivan, now the SUV. Probably several factors. One, trends always come and go in cycles; two, the high gas prices, and three, the aging baby-boomers and more and more empty-nesters. Not many people need a bulky SUV anymore. Its just not as cool anymore. You think Hummer owners are getting envious looks? :P
  • I'm looking at a used '07 X3, Premium package, with 15k miles. It's a BMW buy back from a first owner. The problem was a bad ESC and has been corrected. The best deal the dealer will offer is $26.9k plus $ $350 dealer fee. Is this a reasonable deal ? Should I look further ? Are there any particular problems with the '07 model year ? Thanks, Walter
  • Hey waltermm,

I think that is a great deal. They are going for approximately 31k or more w/ comparable mileage here in NJ. Where are you getting this deal.
    BMW buy back

I wouldn't do it...

• Today I was quoted a lease on an 09 X3. 15k miles/year. Interest rate 4.8%. Residual only 60% - that seems very low to me, in the past I know BMWs have had mid 60s. The sales guy said residuals are down this year for every co. Yeah maybe American cos. (some of which are stopping leases altogether), but this is BMW. Are other people getting such low residual values on X3s now?
    That doesn't sound like a good lease deal to me. At 60% residual, interest rate better be down to no more than 2.9%.
  • Hi kyfdx - I need your help - again. 37 mos ago you greatly helped me understand how leases work - and what a good price was for an 05 X3. Next month my lease is up. The X3 will have 48,000 miles. Runs and looks great. Sales person in SE PA says "turn in X3 in the morning - they will certify the car - include ext maint. -and sell it back to me in the afternoon for $23.6. I'm thinking of requesting new tires, brakes and offering $21.6. My wife is concerned about the 48K miles and thinks I should buy a new 2009 Subaru Forester. Your thoughts please
    That looks like a pretty good offer... You'd have three years of extended warranty, plus maintenance included for the entire time...

I doubt you'll get new tires out of the deal, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.. Don't worry about the brakes, they'll be included with the maintenance plan.

Considering the dealer is paying close to $3K to add the CPO and maintenance, I don't think you have a lot of bargaining room.. Ask them if they can get you the 1.9% financing.

regards,
    kyfdx

• gouldngouldn Posts: 220
    After 8 happy years of Subaru Forester ownership, I've decided to take the plunge and bought a 2007 X3, with Premium, steptronic, and a few other small options. This one was a dealer loaner. 16K miles, they were asking 35 on the window 32, on their website, and I paid 30. Its CPO, so I'm covered for quite awhile. I think I did _ok_,, there was probably more room, but I'm happy the with deal.
  • After being jerked around by another dealer, I found an '08 X3 prem, cold, and sport (fully loaded but no nav.) w/ MSRP of $45,300. I was not given the cap cost despite my persistence and dealer never confirmed the money factor or residual. In any case, the deal is $2k down, $520 per month for 36 months w/ 12K miles per year. They also mention a (~$900 acquisition/security deposit fee). Using a basic lease tool, this looks pretty good but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If I can get it lower w/out more cash out of pocket, that would help too. Thanks for the support on this forum!
    -Gnoch
  • I'd suggest calling another dealer or two in the area to inquire about MF and RV so you get a better idea about what kind of deal you are getting. There is no reason why they should not give it to you. You can calculate cap cost yourself by using edmunds' invoice pricing for the X3. It is absolutely accurate, don't let them tell you otherwise. Also find out how much tax you have to pay in your area. The best way not to get fooled is to know how to calculate lease payments yourself.
  • You need to go to the dealership with the information in hand. If you don't then they can spin any kind of numbers on you.

I would go for $0 down, $491/month including the 7% tax, that's calculated based on the sale of the car at invoice. This is 2008 not 2009 model.

This is 15k/miles, add 2% to residual for 12k miles.

2008 BMW X3 3.0si 4WD SUV
    24 Month – Residual 70% of MSRP – .00125 Base Rate 3%
    36 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00125 Base Rate

Additionally you can put in 7 MSD (Multiple Security Deposit) for $3,500 and reduce your monthly to $453/month and you earn over 12% on the security deposit which you get it back at end of lease.
  • leejpleejp Posts: 3
    New York Metro Area...

2006 CPO X3
    Alpine White
    Heated Front Seats and Rain Sensing wipers otherwise base
    26,780 Miles, In service Date is DEC 2005 (CPO warranty through DEC 2011)
    $22,995 with 0.9% 36 Month Financing and First 2 Months paid by BMW

The car is mint (hardly looks used). With tax/tags/prep fees/finance charges (interest) minus the 2 payments by BMW the total purchase cost will be just around ~$24K. The pricing was so attractive that I didn't even bother haggling with the dealer.

I took delivery yesterday (12/31/08) and so far am very impressed with the x3. The interior space is very generous for a "small" vehicle (at least on the outside) and it is very responsive. It's almost like a taller 3-series vs a small SUV/SAV.
  • mwg594mwg594 Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a new 2008 X3 - basic car, no premium package and no extras. Dealer quotes me $40,325. I have a 2004 X3 2.5 with 67,000 miles on it and he's telling me that with my trade, I'll have to pay $29,000 for the new one.
    Feedback please. How much better can I do?
    If it doesn't have any extras, isn't $40,325 the MSRP?

I'm just guessing, but I doubt your current ride is worth more than $12K-$13K on a trade... Discount should be about $2500-$3000 on the new one... I guess if $29K included taxes and everything else, it wouldn't be too bad... 0.9% for 60 months included in that deal?