Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Signed a promise to buy pending inspection and test drive for an 08 CPO X3 with premium package, cold weather package, rear privacy tinted window with 7k mile for $32,100. The sales manager haggled us for the extra $100. I'm quit unhappy about the haggling for $100 but hubby shook it off and agreed to it. :mad: Well... not the end of the world but I just don't like to be haggled for $100 especially after waiting in the showroom for 30 minutes++ and being brushed off by the original salesperson that I had an appointment with (he transferred us to a different salesperson because he was finishing up with the financing guy).

Can somebody tell me if this is a good deal? If not, any suggestion on negotiating further...... The car seems to be in good condition. We read the service history and this car only came back to the dealership twice during the 7k miles. Both for oil changes.

TIA for all the advises. We decided to go with the BMW because of the rude salespeople that we encountered at (believe it or not) most of the Lexus dealership in the area. We find each one of them to be the worst of the worst sales team in the luxury brands. And we have dealt with most of the luxury brands (Audi, Land Rover, Acura, Benz, BMW). This BMW dealership that we dealt with had been okay thus far and eventhough they haggled us for the extra $100, they're still 100 times better than their neighboring Lexus.
  • Test drove the new X3 last week and now negotiating. I know as a new vehicle it won't be easy, but is there any info available on invoice pricing vs MSRP? I built up a 28i w/ bunch of stuff and MSRP is $48,375-dealer is dropping only $1,000 off that. Haven't pushed him yet as I am waiting a few weeks, but trying to determine what if any real room there may be. There are a couple other competing dealers in the region, so can do that, but was pretty happy w/ the first dealer's demo, etc so want to give him the business if he wants it bad enough...thanks in advance for any insight.
  • dan12dan12 Posts: 114
    edited January 2011
    Build it through Edmunds and then send your desired car configuration online to mulltiple dealers. You should be able to do better than 1k off MSRP although some dealers may not be willing to cut further. You just have to find one who is willing. If you submit through Edmunds they know you're getting multiple bids.
  • carsdirect.com gets $1125 off MSRP. I don't know if any auto buying service like BJs, Costco, AAA could do any better.
  • mao1mao1 Posts: 1
    Just got about 5% off MSRP for 28i with packages. Worked out to $1K over invoice. Seems like a better bargainer could have a gotten a little more.
  • tyresmokertyresmoker Posts: 266
    I did just about 1k over invoice...$44.8k msrp.
    Very surprised as other dealers would not even consider anything more than a 1k discount.
    The classic was this dump of a store in eastern Connecticut- the wallpaper was literally peeling off of the walls in the showroom- sales manager was offering me an 800 discount off of msrp! I almost signed as long as he would promise to remodel the place!
  • Based on some shopping around, it looks like $500-1000 above invoice will work with fleet/internet sales managers in the major regions. ($2.5-3.0 off a loaded X3)
  • mole7374mole7374 Posts: 5
    Ok everyone... wanted to see what you all thought about this deal, if I should pull the trigger as is or negotiate a little more? Also...wanted to get an opinion on which car to get (package)

Here is the vehicle:
    '11 X3 35
    Cold Weather
    Premium
    Sports Activity
    MSRP: 48,325 Sale Price: 45619 or,
    with Tech: MSRP 51200 Sale 48,357

I'm going select (or through credit union) BMW quoted select with 5K down, 576 on first deal, 615 on second.
    THoughts??
  • satishmsatishm Posts: 16
    Placed an order for a 2011 X3 3.5, White, Chestnut with $1000 deposit as follows for delivery in May 2nd week. Zip code 33029 - South Florida.
    Tech Package, Premium Package, Convenience Package, Satin Roof rails
    Cost including destination was $46950. USAA price was 47,340.
    Truecar says I paid about $550 over invoice.
    Dealer doc fees of $549, Sales tax and tag transfer were extra on top. Cash purchase.
    Good deal?

Thanks,
  • not a bad deal at all. btw keep in mind USAA price includes MACO and doc fees (but not leasing fee) so 47,500 is spot on.
  • satishmsatishm Posts: 16
    Good to know silverforum, thank you!

Just to clarify for others, my USAA price certificate says "Your price does not include dealer documentation (processing), tax, DMV,registration,title,licenses and other government fees, or dealer installed accessories" so the $549 Dealer Doc fee is over and above USAA price.

So price I got was $46,950 + $549 + Tax + Tags whereas USAA price would be $47,340 + $549 + Tax + Tags. Both include MACO.
  • Hi,
    I bought a 2011 BMW X3 28i w/

-premium pkg
    -convenience pkg
    -cold weather pkg
    -tech pkg
    -sport activity pkg

the order is placed with a deposit.

MSRP: $49375
    Invoice (Truecar):$45575
    Price I got: $46000 (got a good price for the trade-in)

Extras: Sales Tax (MA, 6.25%), doc fee $350, Reg $100

What do you guys think?

Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
  • Price I got: $46000 (got a good price for the trade-in)

Does this mean the price paid 46k includes your trade-in?
    What dealership did you work with? I'm trying to buy a similar car from Herb Chambers but they won't quote me a price, gettting such a run around.
  • relativejunk: $46000 is the price for the new car, I mean to say that I got a good price for the trade-in too.

Do you think it is a good price?

Do you have a trade-in

I went to Herb Chambers to test-drive, they treated me like s**t and now they are non-stop calling me and sending me emails & mails.
    I got it from BMW Gallery Norwood, I did most part of the negotiation thru email & phone, it was easy when I went in, took just over an hour.

Good luck!
  • ramarulram: Herb Chambers is still giving me the run around, lots of emails and calls w/no price. I should check out Norwood. Yes I have a trade-in. That's the part that's giving me stress.

I"m no pricing expert, but from other blogs, I'm trying to negotiate 250-300 over invoice. Which is about where $46k puts you.
  • relativejunk: Yes, you should try other dealerships.
    I totally understand the trade-in being a stress, the dealer might want to see your trade-in to give you a quote, but try to negotiate the price over the phone/email.

I dono if we can PM here, may be we can chat sometime
  • Price I got: $46000 (got a good price for the trade-in)

Herb Chambers finally gave me a price $750 below msrp. I'm sure I can do better. And it makes me think you got a great deal!
  • Good deal? Give me your thoughts

- 60 K service completed.
    - New Tires
    - SMOG check done .
    - Registration paid for until June 2012.

pics here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/93894566N00/sets/72157627123943462/
  • skiyourskiyour Posts: 1
    Did you go to another dealer to compare the deal? That's the only way you can compare apples to apples. :) They leverage trade in with sales price, very confusing. It can appear that you got a good trade but they jack up the cost of the new car to make it up. I got a lease quote on the same x3 loaded to the gills with all option packages except convenience: $ 1000 Olympic test drive credit, BMW owner loyalty credits, and the Cap. cost reduction was $44,776. Mo. payment $575, no money down, 10K, $2800 upfront for taxes, 1st payment, etc. Hope that helps.
  • I got the new car at $500 over invoice, which no other dealer in my area matched...:-)
  • wow73wow73 Posts: 1
    I'm about to pull the trigger nd order a 2011 X3 28. I'm impressed but considering the X3turbo.

Has any one found it quieter on accelerating than the 28i?

Also, which dealer took an order for $500 / invoice.

Appreicate any feedback
  • fllcfllc Posts: 17
    Looking at leasing the 2011 X3 28i, with premium, technology, convenience packages - MSRP 46,675. I would only need 10k, but would like to know for 12k too. My current BWM lease is up Sept. 2011.

What should I seek as the buy price? What is the money factor and residual that I should seek? Payment?

Please help! I want to get the best deal possible. Located in Florida. Thanks.
    I got a bunch of online quotes in the San Francisco Bay Area before ordering a new X3. Best price was at BMW of Monterey. Ask for Stephen Caron. Apparently BMW of Monterey is not subject to Maco fees so they can go a bit lower than other Bay Area dealers.
    As far as the price you pay, you should be able to get $1K above the Edmunds invoice, if not better. If you already know the car you want, get multiple online quotes and negotiate that way. Focus on invoice, not MSRP.
  • rags4026rags4026 Posts: 17
    I had a question about the pricing of X3 vs the pricing of 535i/X5 35i.
    X3 35i starts at $41k and fully loaded is around $50k. An 535i/X5 35i starts at around $50k without any options and a fully loaded 535i/X5 35i costs around $70k. Why is it that there such a huge difference. A base 535i/X5 35i costs almost the same as a fully loaded X3?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,456
    Most people would compare an X3 to a 335, not a 535...

X5 = 535

X3 = 335

It's not apples to apples either way, but I think you put a pomegranate in there.... ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• rags4026rags4026 Posts: 17
    Thanks kyfdx,
    I didn't think that way. A fully loaded X3's price matches with a fully loaded 335. :)
  • hi, i am thinking about purchasing the new x3 2.8., and i was wondering if you got it on a really good deal like that you can help me,..
    thank you
  • carjimcarjim Posts: 155
    The BMW stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area have very few X3s between them. Nevertheless, you might try Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth Texas. They have higher customer satisfaction scores than the others. I think a really "good deal" could be possible if each dealer had, say, 40 in stock. So far inventory has been in the single digits.