Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• prazpraz Posts: 163
    @Jeff: Is the Conquest Cash still available?
  • kohinoorkohinoor Posts: 16
    Is there anyway to select Tech Pkg only (without Premium Pkg). Please let me know if anyone is able to select Technology Package with Leather.
  • awu0419awu0419 Posts: 8
    Where and how can I receive the Drive for Team USA $1000 incentive? I signed up in BMW website but the testing center is somewhere in NY which is 500+ miles away. Is there a better way to get that $1000 incentive?
  • awu0419awu0419 Posts: 8
    Where did you go for the 1000 BMW drive team USA? I signed up but it is so far away......
  • amoebaamoeba Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.
    X3 2.8 + sport,cold weather,premium,convenience

MSRP: 45,995
    Invoice: 42,900 (includes 400 MACO)
    Purchase price: 42,500 (400 below invoice)

Rebates:
    Drive team USA: 1,000
    Loyalty cash: 750
    BMWCCA: 500
    Total additional discounts: 2,250

Final (12.5% off MSRP)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,837
    Drive for Team USA codes are not transferable..

(plus, we don't allow e-mail addresses in the forums)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• alexx3alexx3 Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    Learnt a lot from this forum. Signed up to contribute another price data point.

Just ordered: 2013 BMW X3 28i
    Packages: Technology, Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium
    MSRP: $48,595
    Selling price: $44,500
    Invoice: Edmunds $44,685 (plus $180 training, $400 MACO) = $45,265
    Rebate: -$1,000 College Graduate program
    Final price: $43,500

Great discount over invoice. Had to face off dealers to bring the price down. Not a current BMW owner (no loyalty $750), nor a BMWCA member (No $500 cash back). Would have been really sweet, but very happy with the current price. 3 yr 10k lease came out to $516/month $3,087 due at delivery for taxes, 1st pmt and registration etc (no additional cash down). Waiting impatiently for the car to be built :)
  • 2013 BMW X3 35i
    Alpine white
    Premium package, parking distance control, rear view camera
    MSRP: $48,595
    Final selling price: $45,672
    A 35i model under $50K.. didn't see any of those at my dealer...

• Can I use the $1000 credit if I order a car by 10/31? Searching the web, and BMW forums some say that you need to take delivery by 10/31, others say it can be ordered by that date. If I need a car to be built, taking delivery by that date may be tight. I read the fine print on the email I was sent and it said nothing about delivery, just purchase by that date.
    The sticking point is usually.... you can't finalize a purchase until there is a VIN number and the dealer has possession...

You could always finalize a deal (today?), get your order in.... and then if it doesn't show up by 10/31, walk away..

Since they make them in SC, you have a pretty good chance, as long as your dealer has an allocation... they could probably adjust options on one that is just starting production (if you have a savvy CA)..

• jym3jym3 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Just bought: 2013 BMW X3 28i
    Packages: Technology, Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium, BMW APPS, Satin Roof Rails
    MSRP: $48,545
    OTD Price: $47,037 (used $1,000 College Graduate Program rebate, tax rate 6.25%+ttl)
  • I purchased my X3 in 2012. I started having a problem where the trunk was not automatically popping up, I had to pull it manually.

The problem: a small freeze pop, 4 oz, leaked on the cargo area. It apparently caused some computer part to break. They wanted to charge me 750 to repair. However I argued that no small amount of liquid spilled in a trunk area should cause such damage.
    They waived the bill, but I had to buy their Cargo Mat and have them install for $100.
    Moral of the story, protect the area with a Cargo Matt--save yourself from the problem, If anyone puts groceries or coolers in the trunk you will want to consider spending the money on the matt. Something will spill eventually, maybe even enough rain----? who knows. :D
  • You are being given bad info. A 4oz popsicle did not make your tailgate inoperative. Worked on cars/MC's for many years as a pro.You need another dealer.
  • wnofearwwnofearw Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    hello,
    i'm just returning from a dealer and have these numbers. Please let me know if its a good deal as I *might* be picking it up in 5 days.
    X3 2.8 space gray, Cold weather pkg, tech pkg, premium pkg. 36month, 12K year.
    MSRP: $47895
    Selling: $44530
    $1000 rebate.
    DMV, first month, and bank fee($725) down payment out the door: $1815
    $570 a month

I can still back out if not a good deal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.
  • did you ask the invoice price?
  • and the money factor?
  • Hi. Do not get the invoice, I don't think. I took a screen shot of the compute screen where they input all the data. Rate is .00125, residual is .58.
    On that screen is where I jotted down all info(msrp $47895, price $44530)
  • I have a first offer from my dealer for a 2013 BMW x3 2.8 with premium/cold weather/tech packages for $46,109. How should I counter?
  • I would work from their Invoice price and maybe 300 -500 over total Invoice. That is how I got my deal.
  • Thanks! I ended up at $45,700. Probably could've gotten it a little lower, but they had to search to find one with the exact color/packages I wanted. I know that hurts negotiating power.
  • If you are in a hurry for a vehicle ....there isn't much can be done. If not, you can order one from scratch and wait for 6-8 wks. Good Luck!
  • I am looking into purchasing my first BMW with the following:

2013 BMW X3 28i
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic
    Oyster Nevada Leather
    Silver Matte Trim
    Panoramic Moonroof
    Rear View Camera

I started to email local dealers and so far the best price I've received is:
    MSRP for this vehicle is $39,995. The selling price would be in the $37,125 range

Is this a good deal? I just sold my car so I won't be trading in.

Many thanks!
  • mg198mg198 Posts: 2
    Building the car out as you described, it looks like the MSRP would be $39,633, with an invoice on that car looks like it's around $38,500 as per Edmunds, so that looks like a great deal, apparently over a $1000 under invoice..
  • I honeslty do not know where did you get MSRP for that config for 39,995 ?

I just built it on bmwusa.com and this is what I get:

BASE MSRP $38,500
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic $550
    Oyster Nevada Leather $1,450
    Silver Matte Trim $0
    Panoramic moonroof $1,350
    Park Distance Control $750 (you have to get this with Rear-view camera)
    Rear-view camera $400
    Destination & Handling: $895

TOTAL MSRP AS BUILT $43,895

Based on truecar.com invoice for this car is $40,595 so if you can get it for $37,125 I would jump on it but make sure you got all config prices correct, because it seems to be missing something.

Also I would highly recommend Brushed Aluminum Trim which cost nothing for 2013 and looks much better than plastic and add Xenon headlights - they look phenomenal with LED angel eyes.
    Maybe he is looking at the X1?

• The dealer gave me that MSRP figure. The price does seem low to me. I replied to the dealer to confirm and I'm waiting for his response. From the feedback it sounds like if the price is correct, I should be running down to the dealership to sign on the dotted line! Thanks everyone. I will be back with an update.
  • Hi,
    I'm getting an identical vehicle in CT for $43650.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Posts: 20
    quote $41000
    chesnut nevada (P1)
    convenience package
    cold weather package
    rear veiw camera
    park distance control

MSRP $44345

good price ?
  • Anyone have experience with the X3 19" wheels with M sport package. Dealer offering tire and wheel protection package and I am debating the value of the $1100 'insurance'. Have searched BMW forums on this topic and it seems majority of folks are opting not to buy this protection. Any current perspectives welcome. Thanks.