Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Placed order for an X3 on November 26. Per BMW, the vehicle is not yet in production and no date set for production. I'm located in Northeast.

I saw the earlier post regarding a fire at the Spartanburg factory...wondering if that had an impact on production schedule. Wondering in general about the overall timeline of production...is 4+ weeks normal for production to begin?

I'm curious what others are experiencing. Thx.
  • dinosmdinosm Posts: 4
    Did the dealer provide you with a production #?

I know folks that have ordered the car earlier in November and they got the car last week.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    Call your dealer and ask him if he has an allocation for your ordered car.. If he doesn't, find another dealer..

If he does, ask him what's up, and why your car isn't in production..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Totally false, if you order before 1/2/13 the discount applies as long as you take the care by 3/31/13.
  • Edmunds shows a discount for regional adjustment. Has anyone been able to negotiate this into their price?
    I confirmed with another person that he placed the order on 12/10 and the car was at the dealer yesterday. You need to find out why yours is not in yet.
  • dinosm and kyfdx,

Thanks for the feedback.

I do have a production number. Have been pinging the BMW website to 'track' my order...website is a waste of time.

I contacted customer service via email and was told it was 'scheduled for daily production pack' on December 27th. I assumed that meant production was iminent, but subsequent inquiries and 'no production date scheduled'.

I figured folks here might have some insight...I was not mistaken. I will make call today regarding allocation.

Thanks again for comments/information.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    If you have a production number, then allocation won't be an issue.. You are right, though.... the website is useless, as far as real time..

I'm sure the holidays have delayed it a bit.... just surprised yours didn't get in well before that...

I'd try calling customer service, rather than resort to e-mail...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jc7098jc7098 Posts: 17
    This is my first experience in trying to buy a BMW and unfortunately it's not going well. I can't get a dealer to call me back or to come off MSRP when I try to talk to them about price. This is in Florida. We went back to the dealership and wanted to test drive the car again. We went to the same salesperson we saw the first time and he completely blew us off. I'm getting fed up. Can anyone recommend a dealership in Florida that is easy to deal with? If it was up to me I'd buy another make of car altogether.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,689
    If it was up to me I'd buy another make of car altogether.

IF this isn't up to you, then who is it? If not one wants to sell you a BMW, then go off any buy something else.
  • Try other dealers in your area, the closest dealer may not be the best one for you. You could also look into a third party auto buying service like checkbook dot org offers or try the technique at fightingchance dot com. If you are a Costco member they may have a dealer in your area that will offer Costco no haggle pricing; While the Costco pricing may not be the best you can negotiate, it gives you a reference point for negotiations with other dealers.

Some of the BMW enthusiast Web sites/forums like Bimmerfest and Bimmerpost have dealer sponsors that may be more open to online/phone negotiations.

I contacted multiple dealers and was able to negotiate a fair deal after I found a dealer and internet sales person that could do everything via email/telephone. I did make a visit to this dealer for a test drive and had a very positive experience. I got the final pricing via email and didn't need to waste time negotiating on site.

Don't rush into anything - take your time and don't get manipulated by a dealer into doing business their way vs. what is good for ypu.

Hope this helps,

Lee
  • jc7098jc7098 Posts: 17
    It's up to my wife which car she wants. I can't talk her out of it. And I'm not letting her go negotiate the price.
  • gek1gek1 Posts: 3
    Love the car. Very sporty.
    Color: Jet Black. Option: Premium. Price Paid: $41500. MSRP:$43,195. State Tax:$2468! Location: Houston, TX.
  • yf920yf920 Posts: 2
    hi,
    is this an OTD price? Can you provide the dealer info?

thanks
  • gek1gek1 Posts: 3
    Hi,

Dealer: Momentum BMW West.
    OTD price was $43,968 ($41500 + State Tax:$2468).
  • hi Guys

Looking to purchase x3 with the following options
    Invoice Price MSRP Edmunds Price
    Base Car with Leatherette $35740.00 $38850 $36951
    Titanium Silver Color $500 $550 $522
    Cold Weather Package $635 $700 $664
    MoonRoof $1230 $1350 $1283
    BMW Assist w/Enhanced Bluetooth and USB $590 $650 $617
    Roof Rails in Aluminum Satin $230 $250 $239
    Destination Fee $895 $895 $895

Total $39820 $43245 $41171

So based on this configuration, how much do you think i should offer? The guy is giving me the car for $42600. I think it is way high. Based on the messages, I have seen, I am thinking the price should be between $40000 and $41000. Thoughts? I have bought previous cars before and usually have gone $100-$200 below Edmunds Invoice Price. I have never bought a BMW so looking for help on where i should start negotiating.

Thanks
    Destination Fee
  • All,
    I'm fairly new to this forum and I'm planning to buy my 1st car with budget $42000+/-1000 (Out of door price), tax here is 6% and there are only a few dealers in state.
    I wonder is there any chance I could get X3 28i with package: premium/technology/convenient/cold weather; the MSRP I got online is $48395.

Or maybe I should opt for audi Q5 2.0 T with package: navigation plus/other at MSRP $45505?
    Where can I found the correponding involce price??

Another question, I graduated 1.5 years ago, do I still qualify for college student rebate, if any?
    Thanks in advance for your advice!!
  • I received the below quote on an X3 xdrive28i.
    X Drive
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Technology Package
    Heated Front Seats

36 month lease, 15k a year
    MSRP 49,695.
    Selling Price 46,920.
    Doc Fee 549.
    Acquisition Fee 925. (I think this should have been 725.)
    License Fee 74.
    Money factor .00135
    Residual .57 (28,326.15)
    Total Cap Reduction 316.94
    Net Cap Cost 48,151.06
    Downpayment $1,000.
    Monthly $673.55

Thoughts???
  • GBrianKGBrianK Posts: 211
    Is there any incentive cash currently available on the X3?
  • Does anyone know if there will be any incentives from BMW on the 2014 X3 ?
    they have done few diff things to the car and change few packages around to make it more confusing.....

What about older models ... now that they are EOL....will the dealers try to get rid of them faster ?

thx
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Posts: 117
    There is currently no incentive cash on the X3 besides the $750 Loyalty rebate
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Posts: 117
    There wont be any incentives on the 2014 X3 when they first come out but I'm sure they will at year end or maybe Labor day. The X3 is going to be the same besides making the packages with different options from the 2013 packages
  • murphy143murphy143 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Looking at leasing (36 month - 15,000 miles) X3 28i AWD, here are the details:

MSRP $44,195
    Discount $750 (since we are looking at leasing another vehicle, they are willing to take another $750 off so a total of $1,500 but the additional $750 is not figured in below)
    Selling price $43,445
    Aftermarkets $495
    Total rebates $750
    Customer cash $4,752
    Residual $25,33.65
    Monthly payment $582.85

Includes:
    Cold weather package
    Split rear seats
    Heated front seats
    Panoramic moon roof
    Navigation

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and suggestions. We have always bought our vehicles so the leasing thing is extremely new to us.

Thanks!
  • In the process of leasing x3 28i for 36 month with 15000 miles.
    with the following packages

Sport Activity Package

Cold Weather Package

Dynamic Handling Package

Premium Package

Premium Sound Package

Technology Package

rubber mats

Total price of vehicle was 51 plus not including tax...my receipt doesn't state residual value.. tax or doc fees..it just list options and down payment/monthly payment....Salesman just started working there i guess.
    just 2700 total out of pocket...don't know exactly what this includes or what fees im paying.
    loyalty rebate of 750 goes to dealer i believe...that much i know coz of the promo

599 monthly payments...

I just gave them a list of options and they charge my credit card for 1000.00...it happen so fast that ..I didn't even get a chance to negotiate. I was hoping to get lower payments since im currently paying 559 a month on a 2010x3
  • edlee3edlee3 Posts: 2
    I plan to get my 1st BMW X3 xdrv35 3.0L soon. would like to get some advices on the price range? how much is reasonable reference to invoice price? which dealer is recommended? thanks
  • zterzter Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    2013 X3 28 i with following features

- Premium package
    - Technology package
    - Cold weather package
    - BMW assist and online

The MSRP comes to $48,000. Dealer is offering for $40,000.

Is this a good deal? Is there room for more negotiation?
  • amaggie05amaggie05 Posts: 1
    seems to be a great offer, what is the zipcode of that dealer?
  • richzrichz Posts: 135
    Not as great a deal when you consider it's loaner. With 2014s already on lots for a used car with that many miles I'd expect a steeper discount.
  • pp2009pppp2009pp Posts: 228
    I have an earlier version of the X3. I bought it brand new. It is almost out of warranty.

Since it is a low mileage car I get the annual oil change which is the only service it usually receives under the four year warranty/maintenance. The car is not a high cost vehicle under the BMW warranty/maintenance.

I made an appointment to get the oil change and was told when I arrived that they would not be doing any service on the car. They would check the items I requested but they refused to do the oil change because it would be 6 days too late to qualify.

The low mileage fine print somewhere in the documents (not on their web site or other easily accessible location) says that there exists a one month window annually for this service. Otherwise you are out of luck buddy and we, at BMW, do not care about you or your danged car.

Did they say this when I bought the car? No. Maybe it is in the fine, fine, fine print somewhere I have not found it yet.
    Did they say this when I brought the car in for low mileage oil changes? No.
    Did they say this when I brought the car in last year? No.
    Did they say this when they knew it would be going out of warranty/maintenance as a common courtesy? No.
    Did they say this when I made the appointment? No.
    Did they say this when they confirmed the appointment? No.

This is my second BMW and it will be my last. I will get what I can out of it and will be happy to boot this lousy experience out of my garage for good.

For the lack of a simple oil change and decent customer service BMW loses a longtime customer.

What they heck, they are having a good few years and they don't care about any of us. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: