Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• joechicago7joechicago7 Posts: 22
    A couple of questions / comments

- Do you really mean 50k miles per year? That's alot.

- Residuals are typically stated as a percentage of MSRP, not the selling price.
  • newq7newq7 Posts: 21
    Hi Joe:

Thanks for the correction on Residuals. OK, then as a percentage of the MSRP (Sticker + Dealer installed options) the residual works out to 52.07%.

As for the 50,000 miles per year - yes that is what I mean. I'd buy more if BMW would let me (and have bought more from other manufacturers). Unlike most who lease I'm not concerned about the payments. I'm concerned about total out of pocket cost to "buy" the car. I intend to buy the car at lease end - and want it to have as low a buy out value at lease end as possible. My only reason to lease is that it works better for taxes than does buying for cash and depreciating.

Are my money factor numbers correct? .00215?

BTW - following my having cut a tight deal for as cash purchase, the dealer is trying to recoup profit by bumping the lease money rate. I'm not going for it.

NewQ
  • z4drivercaz4driverca Posts: 16
    Just picked up My X3 on a 2 yr lease,
    MSRP 45250
    Cap Cost 42710 ( 500 over invoice)
    Sale Price ( including Acq fee) 43335
    Residual 78% ( 24 months/10000 miles)
    Monthly 499.24 ( Money factor 0.00166 with 7 security deposits)

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Looks like a great deal!

How much due at inception, outside of your security deposits?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• z4drivercaz4driverca Posts: 16
    First month down payment + 347 DMV + doc fee ~ $1100
    with free floor mats :D
  • vsaxenavsaxena Posts: 201
    This z4driver did multiple security deposits and is a returning BMWFS customer. He got a family special since the CA sells a car or two every year to this guy's extended family :).
    Yeah.. I noted the relationship... ;)

Still.. a good deal is a good deal, right?

• 4kids4kids Posts: 7
    Hello,

My husband and I were at the BMW dealership again this weekend and we saw a Monaco Blue X3 w/ tobacco brown interior on the showroom floor. My husband LOVED :blush: the color combo but were never able to build it like that (interior is either beige, black or gray). The car has:

-metallic paint
    -premium pkg
    -heated front seats
    -heated steering
    -privacy glass

Anyhow we went in to talk to our dealer and this is what he gave us:

MSRP: $42,800
    Sellling Price: $40,600 + $695 destination charge
    Monthly 36mo/12k: $499

Due at signing: taxes & fees...NO DOWN PAYMENT

We put down a deposit on the car and locked in this months rates (although they aren't the greatest this month but just in case they go higher in June).

What do you think? Could we do better? Do u think we could still do a little more negotiating? :confuse:

Thanks for all the postings...a great help! :)
    It looks like the $40,600 includes the destination at that monthly payment..

How much do the fees and taxes add up to? Give us the total amount due upfront, and break it down if you can.

I had a Monaco blue loaner a couple of weeks ago.. While I liked the color (it is really blue!), my wife hated it. The loaner had gray interior with gray poplar trim. That was a really nice combo with the blue, but that interior is really light and would be had to keep clean, I think.

regards,
    kyfdx

The Monaco blue is actually more like a navy (sometimes it's hard to distinguish it from black). We got the Monaco. It's the Montego blue that is really blue...I don't like that color either! :)

I have the yellow slip that gives total out of pocket as: $3515.03. Doesn't have it broken down, but I'll try doing it myself:

1st month: $499
    Tax: $1560 (based on NY rate of 8.375%)
    Security: $500
    Acq. Fee: $625
    Fees & Ins: $105
    TOTAL: $3289

Still need to account for $226...don't know what else was included. Maybe they jacked up the acq fee? My baby was getting cranky when they were working up the papers so I couldn't pay much attention. I'll email him for a break-up.

What do you think? Can I work on anything else? Praying that the June rates are much better! :)
    That looks pretty good.. It's possible they ran it without a security deposit, and instead made a cap cost reduction.. Which would make it a worse deal by $500..

If there is a security deposit involved, then the deal looks more than fair... If not, then I'd want the deal to be $500 less..

Good luck,
    kyfdx

• hugo5hugo5 Posts: 68
    Finally decided on the X3 and put a deposit down today.
    Here is the deal:
    $39,750 MSRP (metallic paint and heated seats)
    $38,015 sales price ( I am being told it's $275 over invoice, although Edmunds invoice price is $36,620, which would make it $1395 over invoice)

$445 month (36/10k)
    +$1435.64 tax (8.625%)
    +$625 bank fee
    +$67.50 MV
    =$2573.14 out of pocket

I thought I was getting a great deal with $275 over invoice, and they are willing to give me a copy of their invoice, but the extra $1120.00, however they explain it, still bother me.
    What do you think?
  • MSRP - 40725
    Invoice - 37510
    Price for Lease - 39450
    Down Payment - Aqcuisition, First Payment, Sec Dep = $1897
    Monthly Payment - $545 (taxes included - 10% for lease in my county in PA)

He says invoice is 38100, and that he has a 300 dollar national advertising charge or some BS.

Thoughts?
  • that deal sounds good. I have had bad experiences all mourning with sales people :sick: , do you mind telling me where you are shopping?
  • Where did you get that quote? I am leasing my first car and I want it to be the BMW X3 i don't like talking to the sales people over the phone because all they tell you is the monthly "low" payments they hate going into detail :mad: . It's like asking them to do something out of their job describtion. I am so scared of them. any tips?
  • I wound up getting him down to 38800, so I think I am going to for it, which gets me to the 5% off the MSRP or better I was looking for. The other dealership I contacted wouldnt match and the third wont get back to me. Im in Eastern Pa.
  • hey I was looking to lease a New X3. when I contacted the Dealership (in Kansas City) a fully loaded MSRP around 46,000 -- 36 months -- 15k/year mileage was like $715 a month. I haven't yet been in to negotiate a lower price off the MSRP, but how are you guys getting these leases for the $450 - $550 range? they said that the taxes and licensing was included, will just negotiating the purchase price to about $43,000 get my lease under $600? or how in the world can I get my lease payment near the $500 range?

Thanks
    We've been working with the salesman for a few months (we couldn't decide b/w the X3 or 328xi) and he ended up giving $495 for 36mo/12k on an X3 w/ MSRP of $42,800. We went in 2 hours before closing and since he's met w/ us before he cut the chase and gave us a good deal. i acutally emailed other dealerships about X3's in stock w/ the MSRP as mine and asked them for quotes and one even emailed me back w/ a payment of $485/month. (but the original dealership I worked w/ had better service and amenities like free carwashes and a large fleet of loaners that I decided that it was worth the extra $10/month). But basically use edmunds free quotes service and request quotes from dealers in your area. You can even set your own price and email it to dealers and see if they are willing to work w/ your numbers. Personally I think you can do a bit better. Perhaps you can also ask abt demos models. BMW executive demos lease out pretty well.

To all NYorkers, I have had good experience w/ RallyeBMW in westbury...they're not pushy and are happy to help you with questions. It took us a few months to decide what we wanted and they were totally patient.

Happy Bargaining!
    redvelvet go to the bmw website and find the dealers in your area. go to the dealer websites and try to find a car that you'd like and either email them for a quote or call them w/ the stock#. This way they know you r interested and serious otherwise you'll keep getting a ballpark figure. Also, be sure to know what options you want, how many miles, colors etc... From my experience salesmen don't want to take the time to explain that stuff to you. Afterall all that info is at ur fingertips on the web anyway.

Good luck! :)
  • Thank you I learned that the hard way and if you ask too many serious questions like MF, the BASE acqusation fee. They get really uptight and thats when they have to call you back. I am going to the dealership on Saturday and I am terrified. :confuse: