Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Sierra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• so if i'm not an employee no gms price, i guess dip might be dealer invoice price.
  • thanks for the info on gms.
  • bobw1bobw1 Posts: 19
    Is anyone familiar with the Hard Days Work Tour where GM supposedly has $250 off coupons. Is it coming to Florida?
  • Looking at buying a GMC Sierra 1500 with 5.3L V8 4WD Crew Cab (1st truck) looking at one of the better option packages, probally a SLT version with basic towing package and offroad package. MSRP w/options ~36k-38k. I have a trade in(05 neon srt4) but kbb says 13.5k for it and thats what I still owe. Would have to do 72month finance. I also have the abilty to use GMC supplier discount. But should I try to get below that discount and only mention the discount if I cant get a better price? They also have #3500 off right now. The stock on 07's seems to be small and very few of the color I want(deep blue), They have lots of silver. Another big question is what is the difference between classic and non-classic how do I tell which is which, half the time I dont know what I am looking at?

Lots of q's any help would be great.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Check out the chevy silverado prices paid message board. They're basically the same thing.

--jjf

Looking at buying a GMC Sierra 1500 with 5.3L V8 4WD Crew Cab (1st truck) looking at one of the better option packages, probally a SLT version with basic towing package and offroad package. MSRP w/options ~36k-38k. I have a trade in(05 neon srt4) but kbb says 13.5k for it and thats what I still owe. Would have to do 72month finance. I also have the abilty to use GMC supplier discount. But should I try to get below that discount and only mention the discount if I cant get a better price? They also have #3500 off right now. The stock on 07's seems to be small and very few of the color I want(deep blue), They have lots of silver. Another big question is what is the difference between classic and non-classic how do I tell which is which, half the time I dont know what I am looking at?

Lots of q's any help would be great.
  • The silverado classic is the old body style, not meny left. 2007 was the introduction of the new silverado, they also put out the classic to clear inventory. The rebates are bigger on the classics
  • mknightmknight Posts: 57
    Dec 31, 2007 I bought a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 WT Reg cab, 8' bed 4.3 V6 4x4, no options except for $0 cloth seats, for $15,990. I didn't want to buy new and was shopping used plow trucks, but almost everything on the dealer lots was in $22k to $24k range for 2002-2004 model year trucks. I'd found a 2002 Dodge 2500 for $15,900 but it had no powertrain warrantee and my son-in-law has almost the same truck and is on his 3rd transmission. KBB was listing a price for the Dodge that was grand or so less, and when they wouldn't move down on the price of the Dodge I balked and went to the GMC dealer as I'd seen this price advertised.

I think the 4.3L V6 is plenty big for me. I just plow my own driveway and make a couple runs to the landfill and Home Depot once a month. I don't own a trailer.

The dealer installed a new Fisher MinuteMount2 plow for me, 7.5ft RD for around $4100, which is probably where they made any profit on the deal.

There was a $2000 rebate that month, but even allowing for that it was below dealer invoice according to Edmunds. Edmunds shows $21,965 MSRP including destination, and $20,808 dealer invoice, minus the $2000 rebate gives a 'real' dealer invoice of $18,808, so I figure my $15.990 price was a very good deal. My son-in-law says I stole this truck!

I'm still amazed at what's standard on this WT. ABS brakes, tire pressure monitoring, OnStar, XM radio with CD/MP3 and iPod jack. Low washer fluid warning light. Automatic headlights. No AC and crank window though. No power windows. I had to explain to the OnStar rep that the emergency lockout (door unlock) wouldn't work without having power door locks. No AC isn't too much of a problem most of the year here in Maine. I got the truck in Silver Birch so the light color should cut down on summer heat.

I've been very happy with my deal. Just getting up to 700 miles on the ODO after almost 3 months. 3 month XM radio runs out in a few days; I can't justfy it on a vehicle I plan to drive so little. Average fuel mileage so far is 10.5 to 11 mpg, but most has been snow plowing and travel with the plow on during storms.

I know I probably got the advertised special they use to get the customer to come in and be up-sold. They did say they had 3 other trucks on the lot that the deal was good on (WT V6 Reg cab 4x4) so I could have had a few other colors but went with the light colored truck because no AC.
  • asylum575asylum575 Posts: 72
    Sounds like you got an excellent deal. I've been on the hunt for a leftover 07 or 08 Silverado/Sierra, ext cab 4x4 with the 5.3 Flex fuel engine. Found a few leftover 07 recently and dealer quotes were $500-1000 above invoice. Haven't really followed up since the rebates are still $2000 for 08s and $3000 for 07s. GM card rebate is still $1500. I guess GM anticipates a shortage soon due to the American axle strike. I have an 06 Crew 2WD and made it through another winter with no real problems. SInce the warm weather is coming, I can leisurely shop. Not quite sure, how the dealer priced yours out. You definitely got a very good deal. Enjoy.
  • spahutspahut Posts: 11
    But I also noticed, through April, that GMC has a $4000 customer cash for previous GMC owners on Sierra and Yukon. Beats anything that Chevy has right now. They are only offering $2000, I believe.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who bought a new GMC truck in the past six months. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com today, Thursday, April 16, 2009 with your daytime contact information.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Looks like I can get this vehical with 0% for 72 months. However what price should I be paying? as you can see in the details below they are asking $35,178.

Any thoughts? Car Guy? Anyone?

Price:$35,178
    exterior: Silver
    drive wheels: 4WD
    engine: 4.8L 8 cyl
    transmission: 4 speed automatic with overdrive

-------

SIERRA 1500 4WD CREW CAB W/T
    VORTEC 4.8L V8 SFI ENGINE
    4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    SILVER BIRCH METALLIC
    DARK TITANIUM
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $35,178.00
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $32,205.00
    OPTIONS INSTALLED BY MANUFACTURER
    7,000 LBS GVWR
    NO CHARGE
    REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
    $ 240.00
    3.42 REAR AXLE RATIO
    NO CHARGE
    REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
    $ 175.00
    POWER WINDOWS AND MIRRORS
    (STD KEYLESS ENTRY DELETED)
    $ 593.00
    H.D. TRAILERING EQUIP PKG INCL:
    LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
    HANDLING/TRAILERING SUSP PKG
    $ 770.00
    SOLAR-RAY DEEP TINTED GLASS
    $ 200.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $1,978.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $34,183.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $995.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $35,178.00
    STANDARD EQUIPMENT
    ITEMS FEATURED BELOW ARE INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE IN THE STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE SHOWN AT RIGHT

***MECHANICAL***
    5 YEAR/100,000 MILE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS
    VORTEC 4.8L V8 ENGINE
    4-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
    COIL-OVER-SHOCK FRONT SUSP
    MULTI-LEAF REAR SPRING SUSP
    Z83 SMOOTH RIDE SUSPENSION
    BOXED FRAME DESIGN W/ HYDROFORMED TECHNOLOGY
    145-AMP ALTERNATOR
    PWR RACK AND PINION STEERING
    ***SAFETY & SECURITY***
    4-WHEEL ABS W/DYNAMIC REAR PROPORTIONING
    DUAL STAGE DR/RT FRT PASS AIR BAGS W/PASS SENSING SYSTEM
    REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
    DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
    AUTO HEADLAMPS W/FLASH-TO-PASS
    STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL
    1 YEAR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND (ASK DEALER ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION UPGRADE)
    TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM (DOES NOT APPLY TO SPARE TIRE)
    ***EXTERIOR***
    CHROME REAR BUMPER
    17" FULL-SIZE SPARE
    FRONT TOW HOOKS
    FOLDING OUTSIDE MIRRORS
    CARGO BOX ILLUMINATION
    SOLAR-RAY TINTED GLASS
    ***INTERIOR***
    AIR CONDITIONING
    40/20/40 FRT SPLIT BENCH SEATS
    60/40 SPLIT REAR SEATING
    DUAL GLOVE BOX STORAGE
    AM/FM STEREO, CD PLAYER
    XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA - 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL
    DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
    INTERMITTENT WIPERS
    4-GAUGE CLUSTER W/TACHOMETER
    DUAL 12-VOLT AUX PWR OUTLETS
    TILT STEERING WHEEL
    RUBBERIZED VINYL FLR COVERING
    ***OTHER***
    BATTERY RUN-DOWN PROTECTION
    OIL-LIFE MONITOR SYSTEM
  • gf2020gf2020 North of BostonPosts: 45
    This forum is pretty quiet. A couple thoughts...

1. I would not buy a Sierra 1500 crew cab with the 4.8 liter engine, I would look for one with the 5.3.

2. Have you figured out the invoice price on this truck using the data available at Edmunds.com?

For a leftover '09, I would only pay invoice minus rebates (I guess if you take the 0% you forego most of the rebates) minus the the holdback (which is 3% of total MSRP before destination charge for GMC) so another $1000 off.

Good luck!
  • jamtracyjamtracy Posts: 74
    edited August 2011
    MSRP: 36,250 (Black exterior) Gorgeous!!!
    Price: 28,250

Steps: 175 (775-600 negotiated)

Plus tax, DMV

May not have been the best deal but it's decent and it's a beautiful truck.
    This is with the convenience package, regional package and trailer brake.
2»
This discussion has been closed.