Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sedona

Comments

• dbtdbt Posts: 298
    Actually, I don't like the black dash in the LX any better. We test-drove one for a good 4 days and I decided the black has a fairly cheap look and feel.

One thing I forgot to point out in this mod was that Doc was actually using the grey replacement parts from the Hyundai Entourage. So those part #s are Hyundai numbers, not Kia ones.

I agree that the black is not so good, and like the grey (from the entourage) better. I doubt I'd go through this trouble myself either. But it's nice to know it's possible in case I every got really sick of the fake wood. If only there were a Jaguar part that would fit :)
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize from the pics that it was gray, not the black from the Sedona LX.
  • redptcredptc Posts: 78
    Front windshield deicer on page3-135 of the owners manual of 2006 sedonas.I was told by my salesman that this is suppose to de-ice the wipers.Haven`t used it yet so i don`t know if it works or not. :blush:
    Can anybody answer these questions for me regarding the 2006 Sedona. Ours is an EX but I think the LX model uses the same fob:

* How many key fobs can be programmed to work on a single van?

* How is the key fob programmed? Is this a procedure that requires a dealer, or can this be done at home? I have not looked at my owner's manual yet.

* How much does a replacement fob cost?
    2 key fobs can be programed .You have to go to the dealer to get it done.(about $40.00 if not in warranty)Go on e- bay sometimes you can find one, A lot less then the dealer would charge. :shades:
  • Hey red...completely forgot about that one...since i live in NE and we have barely had any bad weather this winter! Thanks for the reminder on this one! :)
    Yes, but can a 3rd fob be programmed? Or is two the max that the electronics on the 2006 Sedona can support?
    According to KIA only 2 can be programed max.
  • What maintenance is required on a Sedona with Automatic Transmission? Is there a break-in change of the fluid required?
  • My Kia Sedona also threw a check engine light. Any Advice?
  • Can I tow in OD, or should i usse 3rd ir 4th gear. My old chrysler mine said to tow in 3rd, not OD, same advice on my 2001 dodge ram 5.9L. ??
  • I just tested 2007 Sedona Short Wheel Base. The dealer ran out of Long Wheel Base version, but assured me that SWB has exactly the same engine, transmission, everything except shorter tail and narrower body.
    During testing, I felt that the engine had a lot of power. However, the gas pedal did not seem to respond "linearly" to input. Sometimes pressure on the pedal had little acceleration. Other times a slight push on the pedal brought a surge of power to the engine and the minivan noticeably dashing forward. I simply could not control the speed in the same precision as my old sedan, or Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey I tested in the same day.
    My wife had the exactly same feeling, and was even more scared. That made us unable to seriously consider Kia Sedona.
    I felt sad that highly-praised Kia Sedona could not be a competitive choice for us against expensive and sometimes arrogant Toyota and Honda. If not Kia, there is no other potential contenders in the next decade in the minivan market. I really hope that Kia can work on this issue quickly, and solve this seemingly straight-forward problem. To me, it seems that Kia can just copy whatever linkage mechanism between gas pedal and engine used by Toyota and Honda, or even VW. I do not think such a basic feature is protected under patent or trade secret. Can Kia designers and engineers simply drive their own minivan and think a little?
    On the other hand, this style of gas pedal response may be some kind of legitimate driving style I have never experienced. Just as I never feel at home in the "Asteroid" game to control the alien spaceship using only the thrust, many other gamers may found that control more intuitive.
    What is everybody else's experience? Or is my style or skill shut myself from a portion of market?
    My wife mentioned after her first couple trips that she felt the accelerator on our 2006 felt a little strange, but I don't remember exactly in what way. I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary, but I'll try to pay more attention the next time I drive the van.
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    did you ask the dealer if you could try another vehicle on the lot?
  • It feels to me there is some non-linear opening of the throttle body. Almost a lag if you will, where it doesn't open initially or only a small amount and then releases and opens after that delay, causing the "surge" in acceleration with the same depression of the accelerator. I observed this during our test drive and was concerned with it too. In practice, after 1 month of ownership, it's not an issue. I've either grown used to it and adjusted my driving style (most likely) or the ECU is learning my driving style and this is not an issue any longer. In any event, I don't even notice this in normal driving now.
  • We needed more room for the family so I traded my 2005 Subaru Outback for a 2006 Sedona LX - and so far we all really like this van. It's silver and looks pretty darn good with lots of power for a mini-van. I never thought I would buy a KIA but after extensive research and test driving, I was sold plus my monthly payment is lower now. :)
    Why pay more for a Honda or Toyota?
  • I have a 2006 EX fully loaded. The first time i test drove the car i nearly got whiplash! The gas pedal is touchy and after 5 months with the car i have finally adjusted my driving habits and now the car drives evenly and we are one. I love the car, the way it drives and have enjoyed every minute driving it. :)
  • brian1brian1 Posts: 25
    The Sedona EX is supposed to be able to play MP3's. How exactly do you do this? I looked in the manual and I do not understand how to do this. Maybe I am misunderstanding what MP3 means. My understanding is you could take your IPOD player and plug it into your car radio and have it play thru your car speakers. Please help. thanks
  • Brian, the stereo system plays MP3 files. If you download music to a CD then you are able to play it in the CD player. There is an adapter you can buy from IPOD that will allow you to play your IPOD through the stereo system. I hope in the next upgrade of the EX they do put in the jack for the IPOD like other car makers are starting to do.
  • volfyvolfy Posts: 274
    I'm sure the Sedona, like many new cars these days, has "drive-by-wire" instead of a mechanical linkage. It does take some getting used to, but after 1,000 miles of driving our '06 Sedona EX, I wouldn't say it is any more or less drivable compared to the '04 Sienna we had.