Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sedona

Comments

• Hey capecoralbill or anybody else did you have to put in a heavy duty flasher for when you are towing? Every thing works except for my left turn signal.
  • sorry, I haven't towed with it yet, so dont know if the trailer lites will work or not. But the vans lites are ok. Let us know what fixes it. Goodluck
  • isartamisartam Posts: 13
    As long as you use any name-brand oil filter, you will be fine. It doesn't matter where the filters are made, at least from a quality standpoint. The majors will be at least as good as the factory.

However, make sure you are getting a legitimate major-brand product. I don't know how much this is happening now, but there was a time when China-made knockoffs were coming in with look-alike repair parts. Again, major chains likely won't have these, but do consider the source and do examine your produt for authenticity.

And just stay away from the gimmicks such as using a roll of toilet paper as a replaceable element. :surprise:

Philbert J Thrombockle
    carbuzzard.com
  • carfaxcarfax Posts: 43
    I do not own a Sedona van, but have had the towing package on several vehicles and never had to use a heavy duty flasher. If the rest of your lights are working then I would be looking at the wiring or a bad bulb. If the left signal is working on the vehicle and not the trailer then I would be checking the trailer out. If it isn't working on the vehicle and trailer at the same time, then i would be checking out the wiring harness to the vehicle to see if it is hooked up properly.
  • redptcredptc Posts: 78
    THANKS FOR THE INFO. I GOT SOME KIA OIL FILTERS ON E-BAY SO I`LL JUST USE THOSE FOR NOW.THANKS AGAIN----REDPTC---
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    If you were me you'd buy new.
    Anyone install a xm receiver in their 2006 Sedona? I was thinking about it but haven`t seen any info on it,for a sedona. :confuse:
  • 11b33t11b33t Posts: 51
    Had a Sirius added to the 2007 EX model for the wife. Did not want to change out the factory dash system so a detachable Sportster receiver was installed. Works just fine...
  • lmunizlmuniz Posts: 3
    Hi! I bought a 2006 EX Sedona on June 06 and two months after I started having problems with both electric side doors. They can either remain opened after pressing the "close" button, or once they close, they return and remain opened. In addition, they have closed up to a certain point and then remain opened about 5 or 6 inches from the lock. I ha taken it about 7 or 8 times for warranty and haven't received a final solution to the problem. The dealer keeps telling me that they are trying to duplicate the problem when the car is in their workshop, but nothing has happened so far. They also say they haven't found any other car with the same problem. Has anyone out there seen this type of fault??? Need urgent help!!!!
  • smillersmiller Posts: 32
    All I can say is keep going back until they can see the problem, it's very hard to repair an intermittent problem.
    Go on-line and research this issue, see if there is a TSB on it. If they know your van has a problem and you keep going back and they can't get it right, check your states lemon law.
  • thehothitthehothit Posts: 19
    I have exactly the same problem with my 2006 Sedona (and so do quite a few other people). It's been to two dealers twice and they can't "replicate" the problem! I've finally taken some video of the passenger side door attempting to close properly, and will show that to the dealer I'm using now. I may even send a copy to Kia USA on DVD. I'm thinking of calling them today actually. I have a feeling that the door is slightly out of alignment and that's what's causing it to have problems. Apart from this problem - it's a wonderful vehicle!
  • fishbreathfishbreath Posts: 58
    WELL, after who knows how long and 2 after market wiring harness that did not work right My local kia dealer's tech. said he knows the problem. I needed a harness from kia that has ( hell can't remember what it was called, wasn't a relay or diodes ) in the wires. At a tune of $262 including installation The harness was $130 alone. I figured if it doesn't work when they install I'm not paying, also so they can't say the warranty is void because I worked on it. Just in time for my fishing trip. Just don't tell my wife how much it cost. Pretty expensive trip and the boat isn't even in the water. Buy the van with the trailer package, cheaper in the long run.
  • carfaxcarfax Posts: 43
    Sorry to hear that your trip turned out more expensive then you figured. With all the electronics in to days cars drawing so much from the battery and alternator, I guess they need some sort of booster to power up anything that is added to the vehicle. If you are buying new, I would agree to have the trailer package put on. Pickup trucks are much easier to use after market trailer packages, because most are wired for towing anyhow. My buddy hooked his trailer to his Dodge van a couple weeks ago and his lights were giving him a hard time and they all worked last fall when he used the trailer last. He leaves the ball and hitch on the van all the time, so i told him to hook everything up and drive around the block a couple times. When he came back everything was working fine. Knocked the rust off the ball so he had better ground. I know there is a ground wire hooked to the vehicle and trailer, but sometimes simple things work and other times it cost you money. Have a good fishing trip and unless your wife reads these forums, she will never hear a word from me. :)
  • siennamisiennami Posts: 116
    that driving this van is like driving a monster vehicle? I have yet to really get used to its length and bulk. Of course I am moving from a VW Passat, so that does make a difference. I feel like I'm driving a Hummer sometimes! :P
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    Removed the 2nd row seats for the first time yesterday. After a few minutes, I finally got the seats out. Today, I tried to put them back in. Left bucket 2nd row seat, accidentally put one of the rear-wheel latches in first. Now, I cannot get this unlatched! I've spent 15 minutes fiddling with it and no dice. The manual is no help. The front-wheel latches need to go in first.

The right bucket 2nd row seat, I screwed up in a different way. While trying to figure out the operation of the rear-wheel latches, I ended up locking them both -- but the seat isn't attached to the floor! After this, I was able to attach both front-wheel latches to the floor, but the rear-wheel latches will not attach to the floor because they are already closed/latched and when I try to lower them onto the bars on the floor they just bang on top. I.e. they will not open back up so they can be attached to the floor.

Can anyone help me by explaining how to un-lock the rear-wheel latches so I can get these seats installed and avoid a trip to the dealer for something so silly? I'm no engineer, but I'm also not a moron and I could not find any way to get these latches to un-latch. The rear strap releases the front latches, but not the rear latches.
    I had the same trouble with my seat.Under the plastic cover for the back latch is the unlock mechanism. I had to fish around the area till i got it unlatched.There is a cable i belive you have to pull on to get it unlatched. Sorry i do not remember any thing else that i did.I just messed around till i got it unlocked. :sick:
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    if it's not obvious, you know, a visit to your dealer to have it properly demonstrated to you would be worth the "inconvenience". you don't want to break something trying to unlatch it, or re-installing it.
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    thanks - will take another look 'under the covers' and see if I can find it.
    Your right about going to the dealer to have the seat fixed.But i was in a hurry to go somewhere so i did it my self.Next time the dealer gets it. :sick: