Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sedona

1424344454648»

Comments

• bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    Searched this forum but did not find much information about other owners' experience with trailer hitch and bike rack for their Sedonas.

Can anybody recommend a particular product? Particular website for looking at different products? Etc etc.

Primary purpose for a trailer hitch on our 2006 Sedona would be for a bike rack. I haven't researched a ton yet, and am not sure if there are other bike rack options not involving a trailer hitch.

We have a flat metal grid platform (2 feet by 5 feet approximate) that connects to a trailer hitch, but have not used it yet. Seems it would NOT be a good candidate for transporting bikes -- not sure how they could be secured tightly.
  • aa0526aa0526 Posts: 27
    I am looking at a new Kia Sedona 2011.
    The 2011 has a new 3.5 v6 instead of the 4.0.
    The new engine has better mileage - I think 18/25 vs 17/23 for the old.
    My issue though is the styling.
    The 2011 is a pretty much carryover from the 2010/2009.
    But with Hyundai and KIA revamping its entire product line, I am guessing that the 2012 would get a complete redesign ... should I wait for 2012 or jump the gun with the 2011?
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Posts: 312
    edited September 2010
    I don't know if Kia is ending production of the Sedona. Some articles say Hyundai's Entourage is the only one to be killed off and a redesign is coming for the Sedona. It is a good van for the money. Not the best but definitely the best bang for the buck.

I know my 06 has a 3.8L, I don't think Kia ever used a 4.0L
  • We purchased 2008 Kia Sedona with 11,000 miles. At 18,000 miles started complaining about a noise. They changed compresser at 44,000. Noise was still there. I told dealer and took back 2 times about noise after that. Could not find anything, don't worry, it is written you have been complaining, we will take care of. Out of warranty and now they know the noise is a bad engine. Sorry, you are out of warranty. Each dealership is independently owed and Kia is not responsible for their actions. I should have driven 50 miles out of my way and tried another dealership was the response from Kia. I would never recommend their product.
  • Was your wind noise with the side windows or the windshield? Thanks!
  • byyallbyyall Posts: 24
    It was coming from the back door as well as we could tell. I loved this van, but the noises continue in the 2012 we bought. They took away a lot of the perks it had in the 2006, little things that meant a lot to us. It does have a lot more horsepower and is a pleasure to drive and ride in.
    Sometimes the wind noise from the back window/door was so bad that we could not talk from the driver to the passenger and understand what was being said.
    The 2006 was a wonderful car, though and we got a lot for the money. I wish we had kept it as a drive around town car. We only got $5500 trade-in for it.
    There was NOTHING wrong with it except the 100K miles. Hindsight....
  • I have a 2006 Nissan Maxima SL, which I purchased about a year and a half ago. After about 14 months of ownership, the interior lights stopped working (dome lights, door lights). Researching on the internet led me to find that the "Battery Saver" fuse, a 10A fuse in the box below to the left of the steering wheel had blown. I replaced this on June 26th of this year, only for it to blow again on Aug. 12th, and yet again today. Today when I went to replace the fuse again, it immediately sparked and blew the fuse upon touching the contacts in the fuse box - so the problem has obviously come to a head. Anyone have any advise on diagnosing the circuit problem?
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,426
    Try a Maxima thread - might have more luck there than in a Sedona thread.