Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ

Comments

• texasestexases Posts: 5,424
    You can check out tirerack.com for the tires that'll fit the Zephyr. I'm happy with Yokohama Avid H4s tires on my ES300, good ride and handling, decent price.
  • Thanx Jerry and Texases for your input. Good to have some options. I'll check out the website.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,424
    Anyone have too much bass with the THX system in their recent (mine is a 2011) MKZ? I turn down the bass all the way and it's still too much.
  • 99accent99accent Posts: 232
    mine IS GOOD HOWEVER ,isn't there a setting for Rock, JAZZ, concert, if so try changing them it makes a big difference in the bass and treble.
  • If you recently considered or bought a Lincoln MKZ or MKZ hybrid, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, February 4, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your decision.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,419
    Where the hell are the tests of the soon-to-be released 2013 MKZ? Maybe they should call it a 2014?
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Posts: 181
    I gave up ... With all the hype you would expect the 2013 MKZ to hit the street no later than August. Suspect there must be some production and / or labor problems in Mexico. I traded my 2008 MKZ for a 2103 Lexus ES. I am gone from Lincoln for good...
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,623
    Production was always scheduled for October and it takes a few weeks to get production up and running and get the cars delivered.
    Yes, I know I can count on you for a response, but this time your answer seems to indicate that you do not know the answer. If production began in October, and this is now mid-November, you would think someone somewhere would have driven an example by now. Anyway, embargo or no, we ought to be seeing some press soon, or the model might as well become a 2014...as long as sales begin after January 1, that designation is allowed. Hey, wouldn't it be great if the delay was to add something to the design or equipment not announced so far?
    Ford has been using the same intro procedure for several years now so this isn't anything new. They start building new vehicles and hold them for inspection until the plant builds for 5 consecutive days without a flaw. Could be one week - could be 6 weeks. Depends. The point is it's open ended and even Ford doesn't know how long it will be before they start shipping. In conjunction with a launch like this they provide the press with vehicles to drive but they embargo the reports until closer to the vehicle actually arriving at dealers and to allow the monthly magazines a chance to get their report out around the same time as the online stuff.

I presume the Fusion delays have also had an impact on mkZ production but nobody has come out and said that yet.

No idea why the mkz debut was so late in the year but I suspect it was due to the Fusion launch as well - not wanting to do both at the same time.

Patience, grasshopper.
    Assume most manufactures have the same quality control policy procedures in place. But why all the hype so early in the year and on the net as well. Seems like they could have coordinated Fusion release if necessary. Love my Lexus ES and the dealership envionment. If MKZ is to save the Lincoln brand Ford should reconsider upgrading dealerships many of whom seem to more devoted to truck sales ... If I wanted to purchase an entry level luxury car would I go to a Ford dealership? If you are considering the Lincoln check out a Lexus dealership ... What a contrast!
    This was the scheduled release. It was always planned for October.

I'm not aware of other mfrs using an open ended ship date. I believe most if not all do pre builds and inspections but I don't think they have the 5 consecutive day requirement with no specific end date to start shipping. It does make it frustrating for people waiting for the vehicles to arrive but it also ensures the best possible quality once they do start shipping.

I guess you missed all the reports of the Lincoln dealership overhauls. They're targeting stand alone buildings with a luxury experience similar to Lexus. 80% of the Lincoln dealers are investing at least a million bucks to do that. But Rome wasn't built in a day - give them a couple of years to get there.
    Yes I did miss upgrade info. No evidence anything underway here in Western Massachusetts. Perhaps they put the cart before the horse. I any event I wish Ford well, I loved my MKZ.
    Not every dealer has signed up and only a few have already started the changes. They're taking it slow and getting the details and the plan right rather than rushing it. Hopefully it works.
    I will be ready to trade my SUV in about 2 years, if the upgrade is complete I will take a good look at what Lincoln has to offer, otherwise it won't be on my list ...
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,049
    A reporter would like to speak to car owners who use Chrysler Uconnect, Cadillac CUE or Ford's MyFord/MyLincoln Touch. If you use any of these telematics systems, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than November 20, 2012 at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET.
    http://www.autoweek.com/article/20121121/CARREVIEWS/121129978

It seems to beat the new ES350 at its own game, and with a lower price to boot. Seems very well received. The downsides are few: while bigger on the outside, interior space is several cubic feet less than the Fusion. The ES350 offers more space. And like other reviews of this engine, the 2.0 liter four at full song does not sound like luxury. However, the V6 is available for those who want it.
    Seems to be a solid entry that should compete well especially with the hybrid drivetrain. Won't challenge BMW or MB but should do nicely against Lexus, Acura, Infinit, Audi and Cadillac.
    Now compare that review with the 2013 ES350 which is also based on a cheaper mid-sized sedan and which doesn't seem to have any advantages over the MKZ except maybe the sound system.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-lexus-es350-first-drive-review

No double standard there. Nope.