Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ

1144145146147148150»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    A few posts have been removed (akirby & gregg: not yours).

Let's keep personal insults out of here. We're not that kind of forum.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,666
    It's a civil forum and we'd like to keep it that way.
  • I have a 07 mkz transfercase seal is leaking,new seal and it still leaks.Think it may need to be replaced,just looking for some info .
    If it's the AWD PTU, the latest seal replacement kit and instructions should solve it permanently. Some dealers don't install it correctly. I don't think you need to replace it yet.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415
    Lincoln managed to increase sales over November, 2012, but that increase was on a monthly total of less than 6,000 units back then. Thank goodness for the MKZ. Its sales seem to have stabilized at around 2,800 units per month. Not what was hoped for, but nevertheless better than every other model Lincoln markets today by a long shot.

Meanwhile, Cadillac's approach is slowly but surely paying dividends. Three new sedans in the last year, and all are doing fairly well. The new CTS (Car of the Year) is just beginning to build at 2,643 November units. The ATS is taking off at 3,443 units, and the XTS is a surprise to me at 3,417 units. That is beginning to approach the Ford Taurus 4,901 units and the XTS is a significantly more expensive car, even with discounts.

The new Escalade is already getting good press and it won't go on sale until early next year. Lincoln badly needs a thorough Navigator update.

So, the MKZ is a small bright spot. Everything else Lincoln needs a revamp, and of course the MKZ needs some drivetrain tweaks too.

It will be a long road. 2013 will likely be another year of decreased Lincoln brand annual sales. It took Audi the better part of two decades to rebuild to its current status. Given the even more competitive market now, it may take Lincoln at least as long. More and more mainstream brands are introducing premium cars. The new Genesis looks fantastic, and will now offer AWD. Same with the new Kia K900. But competition makes everyone better, and will surely weed out the chaff.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415

Awfully quiet here. I see MKZ has more or less sold 3K units a month since production was sorted out. MKC now due to arrive this summer. That should help a lot, since the small CUV category is so hot. I saw a rumor they plan to lightly refresh the MKS once more before replacing the current one. I hope that is not true. Was in a Lincoln show room to test drive the MKZ hybrid. The MKS sitting there looked too tall, too heavy and too bland. Another nose will not fix that, and the money would be put to better use bringing an entirely new one to market a couple months sooner.

They just demoted Wolf - not a good sign. I hope the lack of info means they're doing more dramatic changes. I understand taking your time and staying within a budget but some hints would be nice.

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,744

@gregg_vw said: I saw a rumor they plan to lightly refresh the MKS once more before replacing the current one. I hope that is not true. Was in a Lincoln show room to test drive the MKZ hybrid. The MKS sitting there looked too tall, too heavy and too bland. Another nose will not fix that, and the money would be put to better use bringing an entirely new one to market a couple months sooner.

Being based on the porky Taurus/Five Hundred, there is little they can do to make it less bulky.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,993

If you own a 2013 or 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 13, 2014 with your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Gee - I wonder why? :)

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,993

Was that one of the "Ford" models that had the EPA mileage derated (I'm on the road and way behind on the news).

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Yes - mpg was reduced from 45 to 38 or so due to an error in the "coastdown" simulation formula. Ford found the discrepancy in its internal testing and is correcting it. Good that they found it and self-reported but not good that it took over a year to find it or that it happened in the first place.

• texasestexases Posts: 5,511

I'm surprised it's all the way down to 38. I'm getting 37+ in my 2011, I'd expect the newer powertrain to show some improvement.