Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Yeah, add 20%, and I think they lease poorly. I suspect a number of these will sell for cash though, to the same people who buy local real estate for cash. Completely on the up and up, nothing to see here.

That should punch out at close to $60K with options, don't you think?

• Options
    jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    Saw a Kia Niro yesterday, first one I've seen in the wild.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,220
    New Tiguan. First one that I’ve seen. Nice looking, but very generic. Looks better than the pictures.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,734
    Gray Mazda MX-5 RF. Adorable.
    White Lexus LC500. Slick.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    Plenty of BMW i3's. A new VW Atlas and a new Tiguan. A new Camry.
  • Options
    And yet another stretched Opel Adam Odyssey.
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    This was at my tire shop today, newish but not brand new. Snazzy looking little thing, I loved the paint color.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,220
    Nothing sounds better than an Aston Martin

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Viewed this new style Aston Martin from my hotel room this afternoon:

And this was parked on the street in front:

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,734
    To my eye, the MB S Coupe is a beauty! As is the AM DB11, of course!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Looks like a neighbor down the street swapped her older XC60 for a white Mustang convertible.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Saw a new Atlas or Tiguan today at a distance. Any easy way to tell them apart?

Seems like VW's hopped on the Audi/BMW/MB same-styling club.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    the Atlas is the size of a Tahoe with a giant blocky hood. The tiguan is a little smaller.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Saw a GLC plug in hybrid today. Not new, also saw a couple BMW 2 "active tourer", showing how MB and BMW like to copy each other. Also, a surprising amount of GLC and GLE "coupe"s, such a pretty and practical design.

So far in Germany - zero Lexus, one Infiniti.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Don't know as I'd use the word pretty but the AMG version sure can move right along.
  • Options
    Pretty is in jest. IMO, the "coupe" SUVs are every bit as awkward as the X4 and X6.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited November 2017

This is one of those "love it or hate it" designs, I guess, like a Hummer.
  • Options
    I actually saw 3 Lexus in Prague today, a record for Europe. 2 NX and 1 RX, no surprise, they compete in the CUV demographic more than cars.

I was in the tonier part of old town for awhile, saw a Rolls Royce Wraith, a couple Bentaygas, late model Ferraris, S600 Maybach, a new style Aston, etc.
  • Options
    Currently driving a Cruze rental. A few years ago I drove one and thought it was decent but the engine was coarse. Happy to report that the new one is much smoother. It has auto-stop/start and that seems to work smoothly. The ride is a little bit wallowy in the front end but suspension and steering are fairly taut. Overall not bad at all, continues to improve and leagues ahead of 10-15 years ago in terms of sedans from GM.
  • Options
    Other day, a VW atlas out in the wild. So they sold at least 1.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    edited November 2017
    I spotted one of those Atlases this week, too. Nothing very distinctive about it. Rather boring "me too" vehicle.

Also spotted a Levante yesterday. Same deal. Other than the grille, just nothing special about it. The profile could easily be an Infiniti, and the rear looks like a Kia. Pretty sure I'd rather have an F-pace.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    qbrozen said:

I spotted one of those Atlases this week, too. Nothing very distinctive about it. Rather boring "me too" vehicle.

Also spotted a Levante yesterday. Same deal. Other than the grille, just nothing special about it. The profile could easily be an Infiniti, and the rear looks like a Kia. Pretty sure I'd rather have an F-pace.

You should hear the Levante with the 'sport' exhaust mode turned on. You might change your opinion.

Would scare all the soccer moms picking up Buffy and Muffy from the private day school.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    In suburban Seattle, that's who the Levante sells to - Stepfords. That and the devilspawn of money launderers who are able to purchase vetting.

I've noticed sunroofs aren't as popular here in Czech as they are in Germany - I have seen numerous near-new MB and BMW, not taxis, not apparent rentals, without sunroof, Can't get them that way in the states.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    fintail said:

In suburban Seattle, that's who the Levante sells to - Stepfords. That and the devilspawn of money launderers who are able to purchase vetting.

I've noticed sunroofs aren't as popular here in Czech as they are in Germany - I have seen numerous near-new MB and BMW, not taxis, not apparent rentals, without sunroof, Can't get them that way in the states.

M2 is sunroof-less. M235/240i has to be special ordered with moonroof delete option. All glass roofs seem to be "in" right now with the hip and fashionable crowd.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    I'm talking like E-class and 5ers. I don't think either exists even as a special order without sunroof in the US - likely due to a big potential resale hit.

My E has pano, and I like the feature a lot, really brightens up the interior on dreary days.
    andres3 said:

M2 is sunroof-less. M235/240i has to be special ordered with moonroof delete option. All glass roofs seem to be "in" right now with the hip and fashionable crowd.

• Options
    I was fine moving from the pano on the Sonata to a normal moonroof on the elantra. Still get my fresh air, and light into the interior. I don't sit in the back, so no worries there. The Pano roofs tend to have more issues. Even ignoring the occasional explosion, they usually creak more and probably better chance might leak.

I think Hyundai learned a lesson, because on the redesigned 2018 Sonata, they moved from a Pano roof on the limited to a normal moonroof.

• Options
    I notice some cars have roofs painted to simulate a pano roof, which is kind of dorky. I have yet to have a rattle in a MB pano car, but I have read of others - apparently, a simple cure by tightening bolts that come loose over time. Never heard of leaks on MB anyway.

Today in Prague spotted 2x Lexus (sedans! GS and LS) and my first Tesla of this trip. I don't mind not seeing those 4 wheeled Faberge eggs on every corner like I do at home.
  • Options
    I posted a link here a few weeks ago about a Transport Canada investigation into exploding pano sunroofs. Hyundai had the worst track record in that regard.

• Options
    Saw another Lexus today, but not new, and out in the country. Saw an AMG GT today in central Prague, cool alternative to a Porsche.
  • Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    Seen a Subaru Impreza over there yet, fintail?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    Subarus are here, but seem to be a minor player - virtually all Outbacks and Foresters.
  • Options
    Ahh. I knew there was something about Europe that sort of... frightened me.

• Options
    You'd like some things here, I think. There's a very diverse selection of small cars, many of them quite basic.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    You'd like some things here, I think. There's a very diverse selection of small cars, many of them quite basic.

I'm 3/4 Norwegian, of course I would. The other 4th of me is British! I would love Europe but I'm too close to retirement and all I can think is of retiring. I can't put aside money to fly there now - all I'd be thinking of would be the next Toyota Yaris iA I want or the next little eastern Washington house the Mrs. and I want to buy.

But if I was younger (and even now) I would have a ball there. Of course I'd love to see Norway and the Colisseum in Rome, Italy.

Besides that, I'd love to see all of the interesting rigs over there. For sure! Have fun, man.

What do you think of the VW Jetta, fin? Pfft. See what I mean? There I go again.

• Options
    Europe is really cheap to fly to in the winter as demand is low. Sometimes less than cross country flights in the US.
    We were in Prague in late summer and yes there was a diverse set of cars. I got a picture of myself standing in front of the Rolls dealer. B)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    That's right, I paid less for my nonstop RT flight than a co-worker did for a flight to NC back in the spring. Cheapest I had ever seen, which is why I impulse-booked it. The months in between gave me time to plan the trip and pay for most of it, so I won't have a ton of bills when I return.

Another co-worker flew to Geneva or Paris in June, and it was cheaper yet, something like $560. Seattle has some low cost carriers to Europe now (Icelandair, Norwegian) , so there's competition. I've seen some pretty cheap flights out of Seattle to China, too.

I saw that Rolls-Royce dealer in Prague the other day, in the ritzy Pariszka area. That's where one goes for exotic spotting.
  • Options
    It's always key to spend less than you make, but at the same time, live a little, you have earned it :)

About 10 years ago, after my dad passed too young, I realized that tomorrow isn't guaranteed. The way I see it now, as long as one has income greater than outflow, and maybe puts a little away for tomorrow, they should also enjoy the fruits of their labor. Being a miser is good for heirs and lawyers, not more. I hope you get a chance to see those places, too.

Jetta, as the Limeys called it. "Golf with a boot". Probably a nice car in the segment with some German engineering behind it, but I think the US spec models were decontented, at least in basic form.

I'm 3/4 Norwegian, of course I would. The other 4th of me is British! I would love Europe but I'm too close to retirement and all I can think is of retiring. I can't put aside money to fly there now - all I'd be thinking of would be the next Toyota Yaris iA I want or the next little eastern Washington house the Mrs. and I want to buy.

But if I was younger (and even now) I would have a ball there. Of course I'd love to see Norway and the Colisseum in Rome, Italy.

Besides that, I'd love to see all of the interesting rigs over there. For sure! Have fun, man.

What do you think of the VW Jetta, fin? Pfft. See what I mean? There I go again.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I guess I still have strong memories of Dad's 1966 VW Fastback. That car was a 4-speed stick and light and tossable around corners. That was the car I took all around Seattle when I turned 16. Seattle was a wild place in the wild 70's. I'm glad I made it home safe (every time!). I drove my parents nuts many a time. But if a modern V-Dub could be anywhere near as fun ta drive as that Fastback I'd be down with giving it a try.

There's several of us living near Seattle. Maybe an Auto Show Meetup would be fun sometime, eh? I'd love to see your nickname car.

• Options
    I suspect any modern VW would be like a supercar compared to a Fastback/Type 3, especially in terms of acceleration and stability. I have to imagine the rear engine/RWD setup of that car could be quirky in terms of handling. Seattle must have been wild then indeed, an age when normal working class people could afford houses in the city. Unimaginable today.

Speaking of VWs and your love of small cars, the train I am on just passed several train car carriers of assorted VW Up! (not sold in the US) , maybe you'd want these:

I believe they are built in Slovakia, not far from where I am right now. I'd like to be in that old car here, it would get a ton of positive attention - not like it doesn't at home, as it becomes a little more unusual with each passing year.

I always seem to take my vacations around the time of the auto show, but I attended a few years ago. Looks like this year a meetup isn't going to happen either. Maybe next year.

I guess I still have strong memories of Dad's 1966 VW Fastback. That car was a 4-speed stick and light and tossable around corners. That was the car I took all around Seattle when I turned 16. Seattle was a wild place in the wild 70's. I'm glad I made it home safe (every time!). I drove my parents nuts many a time. But if a modern V-Dub could be anywhere near as fun ta drive as that Fastback I'd be down with giving it a try.

There's several of us living near Seattle. Maybe an Auto Show Meetup would be fun sometime, eh? I'd love to see your nickname car.

• Options
    My daughter just booked flight to Paris for spring break (better than Cancun or Daytona!). Was in that $500 range, non stop Newark to Paris. And got a super cute air bnb apartment in a great location for really cheap too.

Kid has a more xciting life than I do, that is for sure

• Options
    edited November 2017
    stick - wow, she's a jet-setter already!

fintail - I do like the VW Up! I just bounce around quite a bit in my research of and excitement for automobiles. Actually, my excitement level stays pretty much level - and by that I mean strong. As I re-open the Toyota Yaris iA file, I notice that Toyota is pricing them at only $15,995 for the 6-speed stick, 2018 model. Nice. And that means the primo Mazda 6-speed transmission installed, too. 

I also noticed at AutoNation in Spokane they're selling a brand new 2017 Toyota Corolla iM for only $16,975. That is also for the 6-speed and the color is white. Sounds weird to add Corolla before the iM but Toyota categorized it that way after Scion folded. I have loved several Scion's, the first one being the small xA.

• Options
    Scion was a funny thing - cynical marketing exercise, the youfs mostly saw right through it, and it ended up appealing most to practical mature folks. IIRC, they didn't even try that trick outside USA and Canada. iA is a lot of mouth for the money ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    iA is a lot of mouth for the money ;)

Oh sure.

The 6-speed stick Yaris iA only weighs 2,395 lbs. Nice! This car would be an absolute ball ta drive, fin.This is a driver enthusiast's car, I have no doubts abouts it.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    ab348 said:

I posted a link here a few weeks ago about a Transport Canada investigation into exploding pano sunroofs. Hyundai had the worst track record in that regard.

CR published a chart on exploding glass roofs, and Hyundai and Kia were right at the top of the list. Interesting conundrum. Laminated glass roofs will make the heavy roofs even heavier.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Probably some supplier cheating on specs due to being financially squeezed by customer.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    actually saw a new Camry in the wild today, parked at LL Bean wearing a temp tag. Silver. Looked good from the rear!

• Options
    stickguy said:

actually saw a new Camry in the wild today, parked at LL Bean wearing a temp tag. Silver. Looked good from the rear!

They seem to be returning to at least decent looking but bland styling. Unlike some of the other Toyotas and especially the Lexi, which look IMHO hideous.
  • Options
    Some cars iluv or others might like: spotted while on a train in Slovakia, new VW Up!s and I believe Peugeot 208s:

• Options
    One of these pulled into the space next to me as I was parking at the supermarket. Never saw one before. I thought at first it was some sort of Nissan product but it turns out is is a MV-1, made by AM General. They even have a local dealer as it turns out.

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    I saw a couple of those in and around Des Moines last week. Don't see them any more in DFW.