Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• setzersetzer Posts: 127
    SSR, Malibu, Mazda3, Pathfinder Armada, Camry Solara- haven't seen the convertible yet :(, GTO, Durango, Titan, Pacifica (I don't think that counts anymore), 350Z, can't remember what else. I think that's a pretty good list for being in a suburb of Portland.
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    The 2004.5 Volvo S40 yesterday at a stop light it was silver with the T5 package it had the 17 inch wheels it was awesome!!!
  • kenjabikenjabi Posts: 76
    I saw a new Chrysler 300, I think it was a dark gray (it was night). The front looks ok in person, better than my first impression in pictures, and I like the overall look of the car.

Also saw a black Solara convertible. It definitely looks better than the coupe.

Also saw an orange xB, which looked like it was being test driven, with window sticker and temp plate on it. I didn't like the color, plus the car had no rims! It looked like it was running on four spares. They don't even have factory wheels?
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,912
    Came up behind it at a traffic light, with my Silverado. Tiny little thing...looks like a toy.
  • wimsey1wimsey1 Posts: 201
    I saw a Mazda 6 yesterday and am pretty sure it was the new hatchback model.
  • seminole_kevseminole_kev Posts: 1,722
    but I saw my first 300C this weekend. Test drove it as well ;-)
  • kenjabikenjabi Posts: 76
    You reminded me that I also saw a Mazda 6 station wagon in front of a department store in a local strip mall the other day. It was on the "lawn" of the store, must have been part of some kind of give-away. Didn't get a great look at it (I was finding a parking space), but my fiancee did and she seemed to like it.
    a Malibu Maxx yesterday, as I was leaving work. It was black. Now I know these aren't small cars, but something about the styling just makes them look tiny.
  • vikdvikd Posts: 187
    ...we test drove a Maxx a couple weeks back. Although they have nice and roomy rear seat accomodations, the trunk space IS very tiny. Overall, it's just too small a vehicle for our needs.

Regards... Vikd
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,155
    ...just bought a new silver Kia Amanti.
    one thing I noticed about the Maxx too, when I sat in one at the auto show, is the back seat just didn't feel very comfortable. It was roomier than the seat in the sedan, but just not as comfortable.

Somebody mentioned awhile back on Edmund's that the Maxx reminds them of the old '83-86 Camry hatchback. I can really see that resemblance, except I think the Camry pulled it off a bit better.

Still, it's...interesting!
    ...even though the rear seats recline, it still felt like sitting on a bench seat or something similar; not much support anywhere. Also, the fact that I can't even get my golf clubs in the trunk without foliding down one side of the rear seats crossed it off the list for us. The trunk is truly tiny; the tricky PT Cruiser-like tray only serves smaller applications. I will say that the Maxx was fairly enjoyable to drive...

Regards... Vikd
    There is one of those Camry hatchs up my street and I would have to agree, the Maxx really resembles it but the Camry is better proportioned. Maybe I was the one who commented on it, I don't remember.
    The rear seat comments jibe well with my experience at the auto show, funny, I never did look at the trunk. I guess you don't get something for nothing.
    Have you driven a Mazda 6 hatch or wagon? I know the sedan is great handling. Anyone know if the 6 wagon can be had with the manual trans?
    ...have not driven the hatch or wagon, but I did drive the sedan version in base form. Even in base 6i trim, the vehicle was very enjoyable to drive. Relatively peppy 4 cyl and handled and cornered excellently. Rear seat accomodations are still not what we would like. Perhaps that is addressed with either the hatch or wagon versions; havent seen either in person as of yet.

Regards... Vikd
    this is, but this morning I saw a Mitsubishi Lancer station wagon. It looked kinda like an '82 Cavalier wagon with an upside-down Pontiac grille put on. I didn't even know they made a wagon version of the Lancer...shows ya how much I pay attention to them!

Vikd, let us know how the 6 hatch and/or wagon feel, in comparison to the sedan. In the past, I've notice that wagons are actually usually a bit tighter in the back seat than sedans. Like maybe they move the seat up just a bit for a bigger load area? Or maybe the fact that the seat now has to fold down has something to do with it?
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,298
    feels roomier in the back seat than the sedan, because of increased headroom (otherwise seems the same). The hatch IMO loses a little headroom.

The 6 does come with a stick. The only engine is the V6 though.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    2 more Mazda 3's yesterday. Seen about 4-6 more Acura TL's since Saturday(boy that car is moving lots in a hurry.)

Saw my 5th Chrysler Crossfire on Sunday. It was white.

Oh yeah seen about 13-17 Mazda RX-8's so far since their debut. Not alot of them around.

04 Mitsu Galant where are you?

Finally saw a Pontiac GTO that was sold and not in a dealers lot. THe GTO was parked in a parking lot that I was going by yesterday. It was silver.
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Posts: 417
    Here in LA I see everything... and I mean everything. (For example I saw an Renault 5 GT Turbo the other day)

Yesterday though I swear I saw two Audi A3s. The first was a black four-door that I would have written of as an A4 Avant if I didn't see the black two-door hatch following right behind it. I heard that we are only getting the four-door version, but could this be a hint that the rumors are wrong?
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,602
    FIVE door A3s only for NA.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

...out to lunch today, I saw a copper-colored Caddy CTS with a brown Landau roof, Vogue tires wrapped around gold wire wheels...! Some people cant let the "old" Caddy die I guess...

Regards... Vikd
    who found it hard to keep down the Quiznos sub he just had for lunch... ;-<
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    This morning i saw the 2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS it was dark so the lights were on and since it had the Clear and Chrome oval insert Taillights it looked real nice, the car was white, the first one i see in town!! Also seen about 3 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor's around.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,596
    There's a 3 door A3 that someone in my town shipped over from Germany. I am sure that was a nightmare, but it's a neat little car

There's a new Galant where I work. I am not blown away by it.
    Please say it was a joke!
    Wow, that must have been nasty, I certainly hope those were not factory options.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    Post like that again, and we're revoking your charter! ;)

EEEWWWWW!

BTW, no, you can't get that crud from Caddy, you have to actually find someplace to get it...
    that little Lancer wagon again at work this morning. Followed it in. It's actually not a bad looking little car. Nothing groundbreaking in terms of pushing the envelope, shifting the paradigm, or making it an order of magnitude or two greater, but still, not a bad looking little car.

Y'know, I don't think I've seen an RX-8 yet, except at the auto show. I've seen a new Galant or two...haven't made up my final opinion on it yet. It looks smaller in person though, than it does in the pics.
    ...a Hyundai XG350L. Does the new KIA Amanti use the same platform? The Amanti seems slightly longer.
    ...joking. I have no idea if those are Caddy/dealer installed options (I'll take wale's word for it that they are NOT) but both the Landau roof AND the gold wire wheels did have the Crest and Wreath adorning them...?

fintail/andre -- saw three '04 Galant's this morning parked side-by-side about three inches from each other in a Thrifty rental car lot...NOT a good start!

Regards... Vikd
    I think the Amanti is a completely different platform. IIRC, the XG350 is essentially a slightly larger Sonata. The Amanti is a porker, though, weighing about as much as a Lincoln Town Car!
    ..that crap is all aftermarket. When I bought my Seville STS two years ago, none of the salesmen tried to push any of that self-destructive add-on garbage nor was it displayed anywhere in the dealership.