Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    With so many Ferraris being cliche red or born on third base "entrepreneur" who thinks he's edgy black, something different is refreshing.

Another one from the show:

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    For a Ferrari, I prefer Fly yellow.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You can actually order a beige Ferrari, or at least you used to a few years ago. I guess they'd paint it checkerboard for you if you paid them enough.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    edited March 2019
    You can actually order a beige Ferrari, or at least you used to a few years ago. I guess they'd paint it checkerboard for you if you paid them enough.
    Close enough?
    https://images.app.goo.gl/G29v82whZxNitMZFA
    A blue Ferrari can be quite fetching (I have no problem admitting I like these):

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    The shade of blue immediately above looks fine, as does a dark blue. It is the brilliantly bright Subaru/HyunKia blue that looks wrong.

Colors on Ferraris are interesting. A few years ago on Carini's TV show he did over a Ferrari Daytona that was the traditional red and in doing the body prep discovered it was originally green, Verde Pino. It got repainted in its original color and I thought it would look terrible but it actually was quite attractive.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    edited March 2019
    I think that is awful. Looks like a Miata Or ‘80s vette.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Wow. Seriously? So do you think "Ferrari" when you see a red Vette or Miata?

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I like the the 1960's Ferrari designs
    fintail said:

A blue Ferrari can be quite fetching (I have no problem admitting I like these):

Well that's okay---it's not like it's a Ferrari anybody cares about.
    ab348 said:
    Wow. Seriously? So do you think "Ferrari" when you see a red Vette or Miata?
    Doesn’t seem to work that way for me, no. Although when I would see a black or red C7 when they first came out, my initial reaction was “is that... oh, nope... its a vette.”

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

And as the rising tide lifts all yachts, they've still done well in the market. I remember when you could get lovely ones for 25K all day long - there was a local one in that same blue I was drooling over.

Well that's okay---it's not like it's a Ferrari anybody cares about.

They aren't worth much more than that now--maybe $35K. It's the cheapest Ferrari you can buy.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    I don't mind how it looks, but it kind of reminds me of a Fiat.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

I don't mind how it looks, but it kind of reminds me of a Fiat.

Kind of reminds me of a Mitsubishi or a Nissan.

Cheapest 400i on Hemmings is 55K, same price one brought on BaT in 2017. I think the angular lines are handsome and stylish. I understand the establishment Ferrari cult hated the cars when new.

I'd imagine a Mondial coupe would be the cheapest Ferrari.
    edited March 2019
    Median auction value 2018 is $33K. That's hard data.
    Sample size? Condition? From what I can see, I wouldn't roll the dice on a 33K example in 2019.
    Sample size is all major auctions (global) 2018. The "median" is a good indicator of real world prices because unlike an auction or asking prices, the median eliminates all high and low outliers and weighs the center.

Actually this is interesting but we are off-topic.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    fintail said:

Ah, I thought that was a Bitter SC...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Well good guess in a way---that's another car nobody wants. B)

There were two Bitter's at the Greenwich Concours last year. In fact, the founders of this cool event (The Wennerstroms), in the program every year are profiled with a picture of them and their matching Bitters. I think it may have been the tv show, "The Golberg's," the father bought a Bitter, it died in the driveway and there it sat for years! Sadly funny...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Yours for the price of a used Hyundai!
    The 80s are becoming cool again. Many of those designs are palate cleansers compared to new cars.

Saw some kind of new style Aston on the road this afternoon.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

There were two Bitter's at the Greenwich Concours last year. In fact, the founders of this cool event (The Wennerstroms), in the program every year are profiled with a picture of them and their matching Bitters. I think it may have been the tv show, "The Golberg's," the father bought a Bitter, it died in the driveway and there it sat for years! Sadly funny...
    The Bitter episode was this past Fall. It's funny, to see the car still sitting in the driveway in episodes since (not running).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• JustinSJustinS Administrator Posts: 57
    fintail said:

Saw another UX, I think they will sell every one that hits the lots, at least in my area where there's a huge demographic for such a thing.

We bought a Lexus UX a few weeks ago. I've only seen one other on the road. I'm sure this car isn't for everyone but I'm enjoying it a lot.

Edmunds Customer Care
    I saw one just a couple of days ago ... except it had a Toyota badge.

i like most of it! Looks a lot like an Infiniti QX30.

That front end though, looks like Lexus took their game up to the next level!

• tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    If they could fix their front end style, some of their vehicles look good.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    When I see a latter edition Lexus front end, I can't help thinking about the video clip they used on the old TV show Petticoat Junction showing the train fireman throwing some coal into the engine B)
    Ford rolls out its latest version of the Escape:

https://www.autonews.com/cars-concepts/ford-packs-2020-escape-3-cylinder-engine-hybrid-powertrains

Bringing back the hybrid seems their big news. Looks a lot like the existing one but can't tell if it has more sloped rear. These seem to sell consistently well but I am not their target market I guess since they do not move the needle for me at all.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Very Mazda-esque

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    kyfdx said:

Very Mazda-esque

Wow, I literally getting ready to type the same thing...

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited April 2019
    I like it! Love that color too.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    Given that the Escape is meant to be the replacement for both the Focus and the Fusion, Ford has to really get this one right or it's gonna hurt.

I find the shape attractive and non-offensive (*cough* Nissan/Lexus *cough*), and the variety of engines should appeal to a wide audience, as well.

What is interesting is the inclusion of cylinder deactivation on the base 1.5L 3-cylinder engine. I suppose if you live in Florida or Kansas and never encounter a hill, running on 2 cylinders might be OK. Not sure how I'd feel about it here in Colorado.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

The Focus plant capacity has already been replaced by the Ranger, so I don't think the Escape has to pick up much of the volume slack from it.
    Ford's main goal now is vehicle profit margin, Focus wasn't contributing much to that.
    Someone in my building has a new Accord, and I've also noticed a new X3 hanging around. And then there's that wagon B)
    cylinder deactivation seems like a silly idea on an engine that small. So much complexity, probably compromised driving dynamics, and probably little to no real world improvement. Better off going with the hybrid.

I’m not a fan of cylinder deactivation.  The Tahoe at work has it and you can absolutely tell when it kicks off to accelerate or climb a hill.  Almost feels like a little hesitation.  

On theinstant economy meter it tells you “V8” or “V4”.  

I’m not sure if the 3.6 V6 in the ATS has it or not. I will have to check.

I don’t think so... I’ve had three GM 3.6s and none of them had it. 

tjc78 said:

I don’t think so... I’ve had three GM 3.6s and none of them had it. 

Hmm. Apparently it does. I have never noticed it.

https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2015/dec/1210-award-cadillac.html

Wow, guess it’s only on the Caddy’s.  

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    Our Pilot has cylinder deactivation. It can switch down to 3 cylinders. When it does it often feels like a subtle gear shift, and it sometimes creates a minor rumble and slight vibration in the cabin. It can be a little annoying and depending on the differing grade of the road will go in and out of ECO frequently. I am not convinced it provides an improvement in gas mileage and wish I could manually override it.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

I noticed it sometimes on our Oddessy (a 2005, so first year of VCM). Plus it had the Eco light. The RDX, really not noticeable at all. and no Eco light to make you think it is on.

sda said:

Our Pilot has cylinder deactivation. It can switch down to 3 cylinders. When it does it often feels like a subtle gear shift, and it sometimes creates a minor rumble and slight vibration in the cabin. It can be a little annoying and depending on the differing grade of the road will go in and out of ECO frequently. I am not convinced it provides an improvement in gas mileage and wish I could manually override it.

there are a number of people that think it causes problems. There are "muzzlers" available that you can put on the car that trick it into not ever switching the VCM on. The claim it fixes a lot of problems. with little to no MPG penalty.

I'm happy with stop/start since I sit at some traffic lights that take a while to change.
    I have no issues with the stop/start in my car, I don't find it obtrusive.

for some reason, even though it was an extensive redesign for 2018, the TLX does not have that feature. I don't mind not having it though!

I often can’t tell when mine turns off. I only notice when I lift my foot and it starts back up again. It does not seem to be as quick on the startup as my F150 was and I can get a little jolt from it.