Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,392
    My cousin and aunt came up from Sacramento to see us in Seattle, about 800 miles one way. At his request they took his MG Midget. Greater love has no mother.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Probably took a year, with all the repairs along the way, and they aged 7 years in the process. ;)
    Probably took a year, with all the repairs along the way, and they aged 7 years in the process.

Yeah, and when he got tired of fixing it he sold it and bought an Audi 100. Some people have no luck at all.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

He knows how to pick 'em.

Have him pick a stock, then ... short sale!
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,701
    I once drove from NYC to Denver and back by way of Dallas, New Orleans and SCarolina and back in a Fiat Spider 1600. The top was down most of the way.

I'd love to do that again in a convertible, it's a lot better way to see the country than from one of those lumbering RVs. :shades:

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,576
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, but your neck sure gets sore looking up all time. What are you - 8" above the pavement?

Minivans really are about perfect for road tripping. I still think that Murano Cross Cabriolet thing would be good too.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,599
    Minivans really are about perfect for road tripping.

Less than 9 days before we start out for Florida in the Town & Country.

Wife told me the other night she broke the power folding 3rd row. Hopefully I can fix that before we have to leave so the 6-year-old can sit back there to rock the PS3 while the 2-year-old enjoys his 125th viewing of Elmo Sings With the Stars in the 2nd row.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

edited December 2012
    My van has lousy tires and I don't want to get stuck on the drive out of Michigan and back, so we're taking the Subaru over Christmas to TN. It's got pretty new shoes, but feels a bit cramped. The heated seats will be nice though.

Thought I spotted a new Prius an hour ago but the "window sticker" was just a blurb for the local animal shelter taped to the side window.

Have him pick a stock, then ... short sale!

Gosh, the only time he gave me a stock tip was in 2000 when he was recommending Enron stock as a hot item.

A final chapter in his automotive exploits is that he got rid of the Audi and bought a strippo Gremlin -- the color of Welch's grape juice. It was ugly, gutless, and had the leading edge technology of an ox cart. But he finally had a car that was reliable and I think he decided it was worth it.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,476
    A good friend of mine has driven his MGA to Key West and back... a couple of times.. (about 1300 miles, each way)...

There was a coast-to-coast trip by his club.... He decided to drive his pickup as the support vehicle... but, a couple dozen did the whole trip in their MGs... They stopped locally for the night... My favorite MGA had a trailer made from an MG rear end.... complete with a working beer tap!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• berriberri Posts: 4,254
    Passed a trailer carrying new Accords. I think 7 of them. They were all either silver, white or black. Interesting reflection of today's car color choices I suppose.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 15,412
    what's with the new Re: structure? In stead of the post name it just has the person?

Anyway, my Miata (a 2001) was not bad on the highway. Revved a bit high, but you did not really hear that. Only unnerving part was when you were next to a truck, and staring at the bottom of the lugnuts.

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (daughters college car)

edited December 2012
    Someone just put a dot in as the post title.

Yeah, the eye level lug nuts would be one of the main reasons to avoid the Interstate in a roadster.

I totally agree - what a boring color palette we have.

And then the few colors are completely wild, like the light purple Fiesta my friend owns.

Surely there's a middle ground.
    Surely there's a middle ground.

Now you live in the Washington DC area, so that must be a rhetorical question -Just Kidding! :shades:
    So true!

The recent political posturing is something else, isn't it?
    At the risk of leading this thread off-topic, I have to pass on the fact that a few minutes ago Maria Bartaromo on CNBC went off on a senator (I can't remember his name but it doesn't matter). Some quotes (as closely as I can remember) were "Are you people incompetent?" and "If you can't do the job that we pay you to do, why don't you give it to someone who can?" It was epic. I would like to see NBC include it on tonight's news.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,458
    http://www.cnbc.com/

It's on the right side of CNBC's page.

Amazing the guy pretends to have the solutions just waiting in a bill that the other house of congress wouldn't pass, in his mind, and it's all the fault of the other group. And all this from the Senate that can't pass a budget for 4 years!!!
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,197
    As far as I'm concerned , this will always be a Gran Coupe:

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,197
    ...my first Aston-Martin look-alike Ford Fusion on Terwood Road in Montgomery County, PA. This one was black.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 34,164
    I wonder if the average BMW fan even knows of that car. Amusing.

Today's newbies - poorly driven GS and a facelift GLK.
    Funny, if they'd been in the studio I think she would have slapped them both.

Car related, uh, maybe driven over them both, with her new car. :D
    That Gran Coupe is pretty square - kind of like GI issued eyeglasses back then, or Lawrence Welk.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,915
    Looked a lot like a Subaru Tribeca from the front.
    Last night at O'Hare I saw a Lincoln MKT with livery plates. I know they've been out, but this was the first time I saw one in limo service. Unfortunately, it was dark, so I couldn't tell if the interior was revised, although probably not because the town car livery's weren't. A bit back, I saw a Cadillac XTS that was in Limo form in a funeral procession. But I'm just not thinking either of them are really limousine material.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,966
    The MKT livery has a more powerful engine and adds many touches for the second row including puddle lights, USB port, radio controls, 110V plug, newspaper slots, et al.
    Does the livery include badges saying 'Town Car'? I swear I saw those badges on one I saw in a picture. of course they may have been added afterward.

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,966
    I have no idea.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 34,164
    Saw yet another GS today, they do seem to be selling.

Stopped by the MB dealer - salesman had no idea about any C diesel nor a date for the new S-class. They did have an absolutely loaded white on red C63 that I wouldn't have kicked out of my garage, but 85K is a little rich for my blood.

Oh, and an unplated new Lincoln MKS with the updated front end.
    Cruising the Interstate in mid-Illinois. Going 65 (breaking it in?) in a 65, with the Maroney stickers still on it. Looked like it had steel winter tires on.