Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    On the Whitehurst Freeway.

Medium gray/silver. Aren't they all that color? Seems like it.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,639
    Nah, they've got white ones in AZ.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,378
    edited January 2013
    The Model S is everywhere here in the Bay Area now. I don't know if its because they are built down the road or if its the carpool lane access, but I see them pretty much daily now. Always black, grey, silver or white. I've only seen that dark red once, which is odd as it looks great in that color. Almost always driven by women, FWIW.

More impressive was the recent street sighting of an honest-to-god Audi sport quattro SWB in white. Not the earlier standard car, but the shorter homologation special for group B that was never sold in the US. These were originally made in response to the Lancia 037 and Delta S4 rally success in the mid eighties. 84 or 85 I suppose complete with the original weird proportions. Older guy driving it, and must have recently imported it now that it falls outside the 25 year rule. Genuinely impressed; I rarely do double takes on cars but this was special.

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

Almost always driven by women

Really? Given the cost I would expect executive men to own them. The one I saw had a male behind the wheel, 2 kids inside.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,801
    edited January 2013
    I've seen numerous Model S in the showy eastside Seattle suburb where I live, too. There's even a dealer in my local mall.

This morning saw a new unplated C63, rental Altima and Malibu, and the dentist across the street is driving an A8 loaner car.

A Sport Quattro would be amazing to see in the US, I would fall out of my chair. Expensive piece of history, ttoo.
    Spotted today: Fisker Karma, new GL (white, of course; Whole Foods parking lot, of course)
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,189
    ...black Ford C-Max at Magee and Oxford Avenue and blue Prius V at Hartel and Rising Sun Avenue in NE Philly.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    Spotted this morning, looked like a Touring model, White (Good Color btw). Also a few new Accord Coupes and new 2014 RAV4 in Silver.

My neighbor has a new Avalon in his driveway this week. This guy had a pair of current Gen Impalas, a Caddy SRX and an Aveo (2 person household btw). Now he's down to the one Impy and the other 2.

Also noticed a new Explorer sporting quad exhaust tips yesterday. I don't think this is a stock addon so must've been aftermarket. Looked neat tho.

Oh, and then there was the H2 HUMMER on the median with a missing front wheel. I thought GM took care of that recall a few years ago. Oh snap! :lemon: :D
    One last thing about the Model S; the headlights/LED running lamps combo on these things are the brightest, most distracting lighting I've seen on a car yet at night. It seems like too much relative to the traffic around it.

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

Another Tesla S tonight, and an ILX - not really new, but reminded me I saw a commercial for some wacky lease deal on one, like $239.
    Add Katskins leather to a Civic Si lease for less. ;)
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,108
    I saw a red Tesla S with a dealer plate in a very industrial area a few weeks ago. I didn't know they were out already.

Speaking of electric cars, I see a lot more on the road lately, especially ones used by municipalities. Yesterday saw a Nissan Leaf being charged at City Hall when I went to pay my property taxes :cry: and on the road saw one of those tall narrow Mitsubishi iMievs. Quite a few Volts around too in Vancouver, I see one almost every day somewhere.

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,629
    the new civic did not seem as bad as the prior generation (in terms of seats), but that is a huge issue for me on many cars, looking at the "cheap" version vs. the "premium" version.

8 way power seats are so much better in most case than the cheap manual ones you see now (with the single lever ratchet the basically dumps you forward as you raise it) that I have eliminated a bunch of cars (Civic, Mazda3) in the past simply because I could not get the seats adjusted at a comfortable angle.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

Going to the car show on Sunday with the fam. Will be test fitting all these cars to try to narrow it down to a shorter list again.
    did that 2 weeks ago. Love to do it. Your need for for a pano roof does narrow down the choices though.

I did find that Honda has rebounded from losing their way recently. the new civic was nice, and the Accord a big improvement.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

No Hatches...well the Fit, but tiny gas tank and dated trans.
    so just a hatch? I feel you there. IN a small car, I want one of those too.

they should make a new integra. Considering how small it is, the moonroof seems like a pano (it is a pretty big panel, but seems huge in relation to how small the roof is!)

Saw an RX F-Sport this morning, possibly the most ironic car on the market. Also a new privately owned Fusion, and a C-Max.

Speaking of Lexus, many weeks ago on facebook they hinted at an IS Sportcross, with an announcement scheduled for Jan 14th (I think). Today, still nothing. Sad, one of the few worthwhile models they have made, and they botch it.

Saw a Tesla roadster last night.
    Are we surprised to hear tomb-like silence from Lexus? :D
    And numb lifeless response, too - some users called them out on it, with no reply. I suspect that model would actually lure over some new customers.
    ...burgundy-colored Ford Fusion on Fuller Street near Tabor in NE Philly.
    edited February 2013
    Spotted a pair of identically colored C-Maxes at Trader Joes one morning. One leaving the parking lot, while the other was coming up the road behind it. Neat looking buggy.

Also, went to one of those touchless car washs and there were 3 bays, and a total of 10 cars in those bays or waiting in line. 6 of them were new CR-V's... Wow, has that thing taken off.

Also an odd event this morning, It was like Noahs Ark at one of the stoplights near work. A pair of Corollas, a Pair of Escapes, a pair of Accords, a Pair of Fiat 500's, and a Pair of Tacomas all leaving the stop light. Then 2 pairs of Civics at a light further down my commute...

On a side note, great game last night, too bad the 9'ers didn't come back all the way to win. And a double murderer gets the glorious storybook ending... :lemon:
    Buy a lotto ticket with #2.
    ...my first Ford Taurus Police Interceptor in Philadelphia Police Department livery at Oxford Avenue and Chandler in NE Philly. The PPD has a very diverse fleet, but mostly Crown Vics and Impalas with a few Dodge Charger Hemis used by the Highway Patrol.
    There's a new CRV in my workplace parking garage. The woman who owns it leaves around the same time I do, and several times I have watched her back out, very amusing. She will creep out at probably under 1mph, slowly turning, usually having to stop and re-aim the car. Every time. I wonder if visibility is bad in them, or the camera (I assume standard) is hard for some people to interpret. She's also probably about 5'1", which might add to it. I've never actually driven on a street behind her, and I should probably be thankful for that.
    edited February 2013
    lol, ya being 5' 1" probably doesn't help, but the rear visibility isn't great. One thing Honda did this time around which is dissapointing is shrink the rear window height. They are also ridiculously tinted... The backup camera is great when backing in, but I don't know how helpful it would be backing out because it is aimed more towards the ground and the view gets kinda skewed as you look further back from the bumper.
    At least she's being cautious. Who wants to ding up their new car?

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

edited February 2013
    She'd be better off to back in - seems most good drivers I know do it that way. There's cautious, and there's overdoing it. I can back my car in without hitting the brake or even turning my head, I just use mirrors.

But I will excuse her as the tall wagon is relatively new, and probably has visibility issues relative to a normal car.
    Much better than the folks who back out rushing and carelessly.
    Yeah, that's more the norm in garages here, it seems. Throttle first, look later.

15 Leaf / 08 RDX