Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,108
    It's funny how many newer BMWs and Benzes I see locally with front and rear parking sensors and rearview cameras and still with scrapes all over the bumpers. :sick: For some people no amount of assistance will help them drive.

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    It is bad that people need them, but they do need them. Can't blame automakers, they're just compensating for a very poor driver training situation in this country.

2 friends bought new CR-Vs and are extremely happy.
    CRVs are good cars. When I worked at Hyundai many people compared them to the Tucson. I find the CRV a better car, although a bit more expensive unless you get into the top models ($36k CDN) where the price is same for both the Tucson and CRV.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,683
    I see that too on cars with parking sensors. Technology can't completely cure a simple lack of ability. Money doesn't seem to either - I remember back in the 90s, if you wanted MB W140 parts, you headed to Vancouver, as a certain group who liked them are also notoriously bad drivers :shades:

Backing in is so much better.
    "Certain group". Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about. Still hasn't changed. :shades:

I live in Bellevue - those who didn't buy their way into the lower mainland came here. It's like a mini Vancouver :shades:

It's a good place to run a high end bodyshop. Saw a crunched W212 E63 in front of one not long ago.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,376
    Bellevue - my home town. I got a notice for the 20th high school reunion recently, yikes.
    edited February 2013
    I live in Bellevue

You ever see Sir-Mix-A-Lot in your hood? He has a new(ish) video out with a bunch of exotic cars. Actually maybe he's in Spokane :confuse:

music video

He lives down in Auburn or Kent, I think. Posse on Broadway FTW!
    Mine is coming up in not terribly long, yikes here too. But not in Bellevue. I have to imagine it has changed a bit in 20 years. I've only lived here for about 10.
    He's not here - I think I see a pro athlete type in a Bentley etc now and then, most of the exotics here are driven by older men or younger inheritance devilspawn.

When I think of Sir Mix, I think of a black W126 or W140 LWB with period aftermarket wheels.
  • That new SanteFe seems to be taking off, seeing quite a few of them lately. Although, I'm not sure about the rest of the Country but up here in N.E. they had a "Freeze the deal" campaign with 269 leases for the first few weeks of January.

Also saw a new 7 series, man does BMW know how to hide large proportions. Very sharp!

Lastly, a 2013 Honda Crosstour and I'm going to go against the grain and say it looked pretty good in sort of a mystic blue with black lower trim and touring wheels. I actually think it looks a smidge better than the new Outback... Then again, this was before the stop at Starbucks so maybe it would be a different story after the morning Caff. :D

Had my 20 yr reunion 2 years ago... :shades:
    The 7 looks so much better than its predecessor. Now it's the 5 series that kinda looks big.

Guy next door drives a Crosstour and I have to look the other way, still hasn't grown on me.
    edited February 2013
    I actually think the 13 Crosstour sounds pretty nice: you get nearly 280 hp, AWD and 28mpg highway along with the new and improved 13 Accord interior and new 6sp AT. Not to mention that its one of the few Hondas that trades well below sticker easily. Yeah, it looks different but I don't think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

The current Outback may be more practical, but it isn't any prettier in my eyes.
    Friend's parents have a Crosstour - they LOVE it, claim it's the best thing they've ever owned. I guess they mainly see it from the inside.

Local used lot has a 2010 550i GT with a claimed full option load, could probably get it for the price of a Crosstour, if big fastbacks are the thing.
  • 550 GT is too ungainly for my tastes.

The new 3 series GT is a better execution IMO.

link title

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,794
    edited February 2013
    Local used lot has a 2010 550i GT with a claimed full option load, could probably get it for the price of a Crosstour, if big fastbacks are the thing.

There is a local livery company using 535 X Drive Gran Turismo as an airport car. Bet they got an amazing lease rate.

edit - just found a site for the industry that shows BMW had an incentive of $6,000 below invoice on the 535 X GT for livery services. Up to $11,000 was available on 7 series.
    Looks like...a Crosstour.

There was supposed to be a "sport wagon" 3er variant for NA.
    I can believe it. BMW is big on fleets in Germany, can't see why they wouldn't chase the business here too. I bet you could get even more off a GT, even though they are rare, there aren't enough overmonied types with questionable taste to buy them all.
  • Questionable taste: taste not in agreement with ones own...........

Just traded a 2010 crosstour for a 2013, not for its looks (though I don't mind being seen in it), but because it does what I want it to do and does it well.

Whats wrong with fastbacks?
    Oh, I meant the BMW GT - the Crosstour isn't really in bad taste as it doesn't cost 80K, it's just different. Have you seen the BMW GT, or worse, the X6? They aren't exactly pretty.

Fastbacks work when the proportions are right.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,417
    edited February 2013
    "The Honda Civic Wagon concept, which bears a strong resemblance to the Honda Crosstour, will debut at the 2013 Geneva Auto Show." (link)image

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Needs a panoramic moonroof, then I would check it out.
    Pure vaporware in the US.
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, it would really overlap with the Crosstour.

Saw newer Aveo today. Maybe my third in the wild.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I'm guessing a Civic wagon would be considerably smaller than my 4100 pounder, and probably wouldn't be offered with 4WD.

Fintail, BMW's of WHATEVER stripe are considered by some to be in questionable taste.....my only point was that I didn't think a fastback was any worse than a "3 box" syle. You're welcome to deplore fastbacks.

Disclaimer: I don't automatically assume a Bimmer driver is a jerk.
    edited February 2013
    I'm guessing a Civic wagon would be considerably smaller than my 4100 pounder, and probably wouldn't be offered with 4WD.

Then you'll raise the question of whether it would overlap with the Fit too much. Dunno, could work. Cars are getting pretty nichey. But a wagon in the US?

I think Honda missed the boat in the last 10 years of not offering a Civic sized hatchback (Insight and Fit doesn't count). Mazda3 basically took over that market, followed by the ugly Matrix and some Elantras and Kias filling in the void.

Surprisingly when I sold Hyundais we had a ton of ex-Honda customers buying Hyundais because a: Honda didn't offer a specific option/body combination they wanted, and b: because Hondas got pricier. Everyone wants more for their buck lately.

edited February 2013
    Lately? :shades:

I've been seeing a few slams against the Matrix around the boards. We really liked the one we tested a few years back. It was the peppier version and I liked the shifting. Now I hear complaints about how they ride and people are saying the manuals don't hold up. Surprising.

Guess they are going away anyway.

A return of the old Civic 4x4 would be cool, but I guess that's what the ever-larger CR-V has replaced.

Some fastbacks are OK (see Audi), some 3-boxes aren't. I didn't say anything absolutely. But a BMW GT or X6 will never go down as classic designs. Maybe good used buys though. The loaded 3 year old 550i GT sitting on a local lot could easily be picked up for less than half of MSRP, I'd wager.

BMW drivers are usually fine, when the car is in the garage :shades: