Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,836
    I may have posted about that over there already.
    Maybe there will be a Customer Satisfaction program to address it.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,297
    Thanks!

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,688
    Last winter I bought an '01 BMW 3-Series convertible and it looks like I may have started a trend to convertibles in my nabe as this winter three new flip-tops have appeared. One is even older than my 330CiC, it's a Geo Metro 3 banger bought by a guy who drives mostly big pickups (still has his long-bed Ford F150).

The other two are brand new, one is a Volkswagen Eos with the folding hardtop. It looks pretty sharp in black but it's one of the few convertibles I've seen that actually looks better w the top raised.

The other newbie is a dark grey Camaro SS with a black top. I'm not a big fan of the current Camaro h/t because the squashed roof makes it look like a cartoon version of the original Camaro. The convertible rook which is a tad higher (at least it looks it) looks much nicer to me. IMO the car looks great with the top up or down.

For an area where the cars of choice are Camrys, Lacrosses and Grand Marquis that's progress! :shades:

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,196
    ...another Chevrolet Spark, silver, outside the gym I go to last night.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Saw one today on the Whitehurst Freeway.

Before that, a new Accord sedan, and a new Accord coupe.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,978
    Saw an Azera this morning too (like the Genesis, seems a lot of local Koreans choose these), and my first wrecked ATS, near a customized W212 E63 and a Testarossa with a lightweight front end:

• Saw my first ATS this morning. Other than the swoop in the headlights, there is very little differentiation from it and the CTS. Still looks something that came from the same designer who had nothing but a ruler and a block of Butter for inspiration.

Also saw a loaded new Mazda 6 Touring this morning. What a gorgeous looking car.
    ...black Buick Verrano turn left from Unruh onto Bingham and then left onto Fanshawe from Bingham in NE Philly.
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,108
    Ouch on the Ferrari and the E63. At first I thought it was one of your nose-to-nose photo shoots with your E class and a Testarossa you acquired :shades:

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

I'll admit I like the Testarossa, but I'd actually prefer one in white - very 80s. Would match the new car, too :shades: ">
    Yeah white Testarossa, very Miami Vice-ish.

We had a red TR at the dealer I worked at. Moving it around was a challenge: no power steering, no visibility, very wide and difficult to maneuver. I haven't driven one in the wild though, it's probably a fun experience with a flat 12 , rwd, and no traction control. :surprise:

Anybody remember the "Married with Children" episode where Al Bundy leased a "Testica?"

I am sure it is a pig to drive, but would go nice with a pastel colored casual suit :shades:

Probably better off to find a custom C126 with cheese grater rear quarter trim.

I wonder how many of these widebody 80s Benzes survived? There has to be only a handful of these ever built, maybe in the low hundreds worldwide?

I think it ended up being a lemon. I also seem to remember him winning a ~88 Mustang convertible, which only appeared in one or two episodes.
    Very few. Low production and I bet many were neglected. I'd love to have one though. When I was maybe 12 years old, something like that was a real dream car.
    I recall another episode where Al would take luxury cars for an extended test drive. In the beginning of the episode, you saw him at the light in a Mercedes S-Class. Later on in the episode, he had a Lincoln Town Car.
    Just like you can see many 90s imports nowadays with mismatched and cracked body kits, mismatched wheels, tacky glued on accessories, etc...

When import tuning was all the rage in the 90s I knew that in 15-20 years we will be seeing neglected "import projects" like this, in the same way that in the early 90s you could see many neglected "project" american cars like 70s and 80s Camaros, Mustangs, etc.. with bondo, miscolored body panels, etc....

However with these Benzes I can imagine they're neglected but you see very few on the road (I'm talking about the wide body kit models) as they're most likely sitting in people's garages hiding.

When I lived in my old neighborhood, there was a lady with a metallic green wide-body C-Class that was all blinged out with chrome and gold-plated add-on trim. It was about the tackiest Mercedes I have ever seen. Fintail would shudder if he'd have seen it! :P
    edited February 2013
    Those custom cars will suffer a different neglect. They sold to people so wealthy, when they were tired of the car they didn't sell them on, just relegated them to a dusty corner of the compound. So, many cars might still be intact today, just need to be reconditioned to get back on the road.

Here's an AMG SEC that comes to the local MB show each year, and gets some attention. Not a widebody, but still a period style:

edited February 2013
    I think I remember that too, along with the Town Car.

The constant references to the German cars of the Rhoads/D'Arcys were also funny.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    edited February 2013
    Later on in the episode, he had a Lincoln Town Car.

So Al did have some class! ;)

Ed O'Neill drove a LTC in the movie Dutch as well, if anyone even remembers that movie.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Saw a C-Max hybrid today, possible rental (no plate frames, lost appearing driver). Also a brand new unplated 750Li.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,987
    not rare at this point, but interesting.

my neighbor had a 4 door Focus and a new Escape parked in his driveway one after the other. Both silver. From a house down, I was surprised by how alike they looked. Seemed to have the identical taillights, and the shape was very close. Pretty much the escape did look just like a a Focus wagon that sat a little high!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    My best friend just picked up a new Focus. All loaded up minus navigation. Its a nice car, but seems a little pricey to me

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,863
    Went to the new car show on Sunday.... after that, everything seems pricy.. :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,836
    I'm pretty sure they share the same architecture.
    Lots of examples of that.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'm seeing price creep, big time. Mainstream SUVs loaded up are hitting $50k, an Escalade is closer to $70k nowadays.

At that level prices have shifted upward about $20 grand over the past decade. Scary.
    I think it has really exploded in the past 5 years - more of that inflation the powers that be don't want to admit. Still amazes me that a 3er can hit 60K these days, that 5ers and Es can get to 80K.
  • Escalade Platinum's are priced in the 90's.