Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,108
    Somebody in our condo complex got a new X1 as I see it in the garage all the time. Cool little wagon thingy I guess.

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,162
    ...black Hyundai Equus going south on Roosevelt Blvd. near Grant in NE Philly.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    edited March 2013
    Saw quite a few new RAV4's, these things have been for sale for what a week now?

Also in Boston on Saturday, spotted a sinister looking ML63 AMG.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    A little longer than that. I know someone who has had one for about a month. They had the first or second one the dealer sold.

I've seen quite a few too. Much improved looks IMO. No spare tire on the back finally!

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• texasestexases Posts: 5,558
    "I've seen quite a few too. Much improved looks IMO. No spare tire on the back finally! "

Because there's no spare at all. But I guess that'd be OK with me. I never did like the outside mounted spare.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    CR averaged 27 mpg overall

That actually matches the Elantra. No wonder Hyundai owners complain.

If you need AWD, though, that's as good as it gets.
    there's no spare at all

Pretty sure I saw a donut spare in one of the video reviews...let me look...

Yeah, 4th image here shows it:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20121217/CARREVIEWS/121219903
    Oops...I had heard otherwise, hadn't bothered to check. That's even better! I prefer a spare to a can of fix-a-flat.
    Can't blame ya - the commercials talk about making the old spare tire disappear.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,677
    edited March 2013
    Latest - white RR Ghost driving far over the flow of traffic - no need for laws when you can buy justice, 2x Altimas one rental, white Equus, Tesla sedan, what I assume was a Scion FR-S rebadged as a Toyota, and not new but weird, an HHR converted to a "Nomad" - even had grafted on fins.
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,108
    in white color, creeping in a supermarket parking lot. Very nice looking car.

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,433
    they got rid of the totally useless 3rd row (that few people even bought) and converted that space to be the spare tire well.

If Toyota had come out with this model last summer, I would have given it serious consideration before we bought the Acura.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

Saw an Avalon, must have been a higher model as it seemed to have a lot of chrome, the weird fish mouth was definitely out there.
    edited March 2013
    they got rid of the totally useless 3rd row (that few people even bought)

Yeah, my Mom's has that. I don't think anyone but a small child could fit back there.

Fintail,
    I hate that grill on the Avalon. It's not a bad looking car, but the front is a deal breaker.

edited March 2013
    Saw a white one today, the odd thing was it had CA license plates (in DC).

Really has presence on the road.
    Saw 2x Tesla sedans, both white, I suspect it was actually the same car. I noticed the front LED turns off when turning, like an Audi - doesn't look right to me.

Also a new Sentra - high trim model not rental, a new Accord that had distinct DI clatter, and a new Civic.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,794
    I noticed the front LED turns off when turning, like an Audi - doesn't look right to me.

I've noticed on Audis that the white LED is replaced with a yellow LED turn signal now.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,617
    I saw my first new (restyled) Chevy Impala. Except for the rear it looks exactly like a Malibu. This could be a problem for Chevy since I often mistake the Cruze for a Malibu.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

Saw a dark blue Tesla sedan today.
  • iwant12iwant12 Posts: 269
    Saw a black Tesla in Fort Worth yesterday, dealer tag on the back. Very nice-looking ride. I had my windows down and all I heard from the Tesla was wheels on pavement.
    Saw a silver Tesla sedan today, boring color - you can spot the LEDs from a mile away though. Also a new Nissan Quest, rental, Michigan plates.
    All you guys seeing Teslas. I haven't seen one here in Southern NJ.

You guys get very cheap full-service gasoline there. ;)

Insurance it what kills your costs, right?
    Insurance it what kills your costs, right?

Don't remind me. It's crazy $3400/ year 2 drivers, 3 vehicles (2 full coverage). No accidents, no tickets.

I'd rather pump my own gas, its faster. I know I'm certainly in the minority.

edited March 2013
    That is insane. One driver, two vehicles (1 full coverage, one vintage), no accidents or tickets, costs me maybe $1500. And I am trusted to pump my own gas.
    edited March 2013
    "All you guys seeing Teslas. I haven't seen one here in Southern NJ. "

I'm seeing one every day now, somebody's parking a white one in the garage at work. Haven't seen more than a couple on the road, though.
    Today - black Tesla, white on white (!!!) BMW Gran Coupe, 2x X1, Sentra that was likely a rental, and an Equus with shiny wheels that made me think "Buick".
    Yeah, my Buick has shiny wheels. I kinda like them! :)

Saw a new Encore at the dealer tonight. Didn't have time to check it out, but it was parked in front of an Enclave and looked tiny.

The whole car made me think "Buick", but I know what you mean. These wheels looked to maybe be a polished metal rather than bright chrome, but still pretty shiny. The overall car design says "suddenly it's 2006!" to me, like a big cross between a similar year Lacrosse and Lucerne.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,376
    They are rolling out a refreshed Equus this month at NYIAS. Maybe they'll bump it up to 2010 or so.