Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,556
    I still have not seen another Maverick in the wild, but must be another one local. I called the liner place today to get on the schedule to have the spray in done, and he said "another one?" Turns out they did their first one yesterday. Which makes me happy, that they got to figure out the tricks and tips on somebody else's truck!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    I wonder why they only put a black roof on it? White would be better here in TX. The Rav4 Prime is on my list.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    edited January 2022
    A friend of mine has one. RAV4 Prime. When she bought it, the dealer said it was the first one sold in the state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    texases said:

I wonder why they only put a black roof on it? White would be better here in TX. The Rav4 Prime is on my list.

I believe there are other choices for roof color. Without going back to the page, the lower level Prime has usual choices. On the XSE the two tone is an option or feature and they have black roofs. There were other colors in the choices IIRC. I like the black roof but don't like the hole-in-the-roof that was mandatory.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    SE prime roof color is same as body color, XSE prime roof is always black, according to the Toyota site.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,923

First one I’ve seen in the wild.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    great color!

• Options
    edited January 2022

Knew you would like it.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    tjc78 said:

First one I’ve seen in the wild.

Should bet a personalized license plate, "Goose."

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Interesting ductwork on that building.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Followed a new Audi E-Tron into the parking lot at work.
  • Options

@explorerx4 said:
    Interesting ductwork on that building.

Sure is. Place sits right on the bay in North Wildwood. I’m pretty sure that the building has been several different things. Currently a BBQ restaurant and great brunch spot.

http://www.thesurfingpig.com/

• Options
    british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    edited January 2022
    Ford Transit with All Wheel Drive. I think they have been out a while but I saw one for sure last night.

Amazon delivery driver got stuck in the snow/ice bank trying to back down our driveway. Spent about 45 minutes helping to dig him out. Probably could have done it faster but I didn't want to ask to drive his van so I let him drive while I told him what to do.

All those Land Rover off road driving schools came in handy again for the first time in a long time.
  • Options
    I rented a transit last summer from Hertz. Was surprised to see an AWD badge on the back.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    We had to drive those Ford Transit vans at work for a few months and found them awful! Everyone hated them but they were large enough to separate us all after we came back to work in 2020. The protocols in effect at the time made them the vehicle of choice management chose to keep us somewhat safe. Very useful to move a bunch of folks or lots of cargo but, not one of my favorites!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    really? I loved the ones I had. So much better than the GMC Savanna that got one rental instead of the Transit. The Fords just drive so much better. Had to take that white whale (LWB high roof) through the old part of Boston north end. Fun stuff!

• Options
    edited January 2022

Yeah I have to say the last Uhaul Transit van I had drove surprisingly well. Even my wife who was with was surprised how comfortable it was.

• Options
    We took ours about 750 miles RT philly-Albany-Boston-philly. Wife didn’t actually complain once.

• Options
    We had to drive the big 15 passenger Transit vans after we came back to work from the Pandemic furlough. We all hated them as they were too big and drove terribly. Now that we're back in Dodge minivans, we're all so much happier.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    At the local Sprouts, a new RR Cullinan. I believe these beasts are around $350K. You would think if they could afford one of these, they would be shopping at the Whole Foods instead of Sprouts. Or at least they would be having their vittles delivered.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Or have the hired help pick up the food, or maybe that was them.

I am not complaining that I don't see any new Rolls-Royce or Bentley models where I live. Cullinan makes a G look like a real value proposition.
  • Options
    Grand wagoneer parked at the curb as I walked by. Not a fan. Very tall flat panel design. Awkward to me.

• Options

May not look like much on the outside but the interior is amazing.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    They had a couple at the car show. They are humongous. It's weird that they don't say Jeep, anywhere on them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,605
    edited February 2022

The new Tundra in appliance white.

Woof.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    I miss the old days when the Japanese 1/2 ton entrants were actually a more manageable size, with decent vision out the front. But still had plenty of cargo and towing capacity and a good sized bed.

Now, they are actually bigger and more bloated barges than the domestics.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    It was funny watching the NASCAR truck* race from Daytona on the weekend. The race trucks were all about the same shape and size regardless of brand. But the pace car was actually a pace truck, the new Toyota Tundra, and towered over them all. It appeared to be about 50% bigger than the race versions in every dimension.

*not trucks at all, just mocked-up older racing cars

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,947

@ab348 said:
    It was funny watching the NASCAR truck* race from Daytona on the weekend. The race trucks were all about the same shape and size regardless of brand. But the pace car was actually a pace truck, the new Toyota Tundra, and towered over them all. It appeared to be about 50% bigger than the race versions in every dimension.

*not trucks at all, just mocked-up older racing cars

We were at a restaurant last night and daytona was on one of the TVs. My kids were trying to comprehend it. I’ve never had to explain NASCAR before to an alien race. I already knew it is a silly activity, but it sounds so much worse when trying to define it for the first time.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Kia Carnival, appeared to be basic spec (maybe even wheelcovers?), maybe a rental.
  • Options
    Saw a new style Tundra, dark color so the comically large gaping maw wasn't too jarring.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    Danville, CA: Hyundai Ioniq 5. Cool, futuristic looking.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    philly car show starts Saturday. Still deciding if going. Depends on if the wife feels like dealing with a big crowd of people.

• Options
    On a 3 vehicle car carrier, a black TRX, orange TRX, and another special edition Ram(something with a 'Red' badge).
  • Options
    edited March 2022

@explorerx4 said:
    On a 3 vehicle car carrier, a black TRX, orange TRX, and another special edition Ram(something with a 'Red' badge).

They are Q’s next flips.

• Options
    We got in some brand new 2022 Toyota Rav4's and they tweaked the front fascia a bit, one really has to look to notice it all. The rear tail lights seem to be almost the same though. Suspect that the Rav4 has taken over as the top Toyota model now as they are everywhere, everywhere down here. I like them, a lot, a co-worker even got a used one last year right before the chip situation happened and got a very decent deal on one. A bit too big for me but someone must've been listening as the new Corolla Cross is a 3/4 Rav4 and just the perfect next vehicle for me.

• Options
    Do you see many of the Rav4 Prime? That's got my interest.
  • Options
    british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    edited March 2022

Saw a new supra on the highway the other day. Heard it before I saw it looked back and it was weaving in and out of traffic. Passed me in the far right lane doing 100ish. Must not be familiar with that section of rte 8 as there is usually a speed trap either on the blind in ramp just after the mtn or one just past the rise of hill 2 miles farther up.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

Saw a new supra on the highway the other day. Heard it before I saw it looked back and it was weaving in and out of traffic. Passed me in the far right lane doing 100ish. Must not be familiar with that section of rte 8 as there is usually a speed trap either on the blind in ramp just after the mtn or one just past the rise of hill 2 miles farther up.

Speed traps usually invoke lots of KA band radar readings.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    Saw my first EQS on the road today, in a non-posh suburb of Savannah - maybe a suit from corporate in Atlanta out here on a little vacation.

• Options

Saw a VW iq4. Not bad looking

• Options
    @stickguy,
    I saw the same model VW today, too.
    2 Tundra's while driving by the Toyota dealer.
    The one I got the best look at was a base model.
    Styling doesn't appeal to me.
  • Options
    Saw a new Model Y police car today, I've read they are getting mixed reviews - smaller inside than what LEOs are used to, I think.
  • Options
    Police here are getting Tesla(s) on a trial basis. Arguments being made about how they are actually cost-effective despite the price. I tend to think it is more as a result of our police dept wanting to spend as much tax money as possible.

• Options
    Police cars do lots of idling, so maybe a pretty large gas savings…eventually. The first few years will be sucked up by the cost of the charging stations they will need.

As for cost, so many townships buy Explorers and Tahoes. They aren’t cheap either.

• Options
    I'd imagine the charging infrastructure is the main cost.

LEOs in my area tend to use Explorers, they can't be cheap in pursuit trim.
  • Options
    Not sure I've seen one before and didn't know there is such a thing but a Malibu RS with dealer plates.
  • Options
    Chevy has created RS trim levels on most of their models. Just trim, not performance. Usually with black wheels and trim.

• Options
    @ab348,
    The Malibu I saw had dark rims and badging.
  • Options

@ab348 said:
    Chevy has created RS trim levels on most of their models. Just trim, not performance. Usually with black wheels and trim.

Saw a Blazer like that over the weekend. I don’t like black wheels so I’m out on it.

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    I don't think many vehicles sport black wheels well. Unless they are kept spotless they look cheap and dingy.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav