Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 34,294
    Dacia Duster is becoming popular in western Europe - I almost want to like it, reminds me of cheaper off brand SUVS from 20-25 years ago, relative to the modern competition. But you can still buy a Lada Niva there too.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I wrote Logan but I meant Duster.

They sell a bunch in Brazil. 40% cheaper than a Forester or a CR-V.

Given how bad the roads are it might not be a bad idea for someone on a budget.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,689
    Speaking of the Lada Niva, would you like to take one into space?
    I saw that, funny. Those are cool little rigs, although probably terrible to crash and not much better to drive.

Spotted a new style Range Rover today, and a maroon/burgundy Tesla sedan.
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,108
    One was on the highway, a pearl white one driving beside a 2010 or 2011 Accord. Funny enough the Accord seemed like it was as wide as the Caddy, almost the same size. I just checked the specs and the Accord is only 0.2 of an inch narrower so no surprise there but the Caddy seems like it is too narrow for such a large car, even though overall it's not a bad looking thing.

The other one I saw was a dealership car in black color I think on the highway as well.

Cadillac needed a newer flagship for a long time but not sure if this one will cut it.

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,035
    Cadillac needed a newer flagship for a long time but not sure if this one will cut it.

It's not supposed to be the flagship. Cadillac plans on bringing out a proper RWD, 7/S/LS competitor shortly.

The XTS is a placeholder and will stick around for livery service.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    I love the XTS, but for some reason it seems smaller inside than my 12 Lacrosse which it is based on. I agree it's not a flagship sedan, but cushy FWD cars do sell (think Lexus ES). I bet they become a great value used.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Near the Krispy Kreme store in Gaithersburg, MD.

Owner should not eat too many donuts as it's a fairly compact sports sedan. ;)
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,204
    Wow! I can't wait! Hope they don't disappoint me!
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,035
    It's going to be a large RWD sedan based on the Omega platform. Look for it for the 2015 model year.
    I guess it replaced the DTS which I don't see on Cadillac's website anymore.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 15,628
    an XV Crosstek on the road. I like it. Just seems nicer (more substantial? Taller?) than an Imprezza.

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (daughters college car)

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,743
    I guess it replaced the DTS which I don't see on Cadillac's website anymore.

They had to, DTS market is mostly gone to the Great Showroom in the Sky. I've always wondered why big FWDs are so popular in places like Florida and Arizona but the old folks really think it's safer even where it never snowqs.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

Yeah the DTS has been around since 2001 when it was called the Deville/Deville DTS. I think it got a mild facelift and had its edges sharpened about 4 or 5 years ago and was renames the DTS then.

I liked the Devilles from 01/02/03 as I rented them a few times and for those days they were nice cars to cruise around in.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,895
    FWDs are so popular in places like Florida and Arizona but the old folks really think it's safer even where it never snowqs

Lot of them are snowbirds. Then there's the friend I got my Outback from in Anchorage. She got another new one and took the old one to her AZ condo.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• berriberri Posts: 4,261
    Honestly, I wonder if more than 10 or 15% of Cadillac buyers really care FWD or RWD. AWD might matter a bit though.
    Today saw a new Avalon rental, and a new S5 that I thought might rear-end the Accord in front of it, but hit the brakes in time.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,895
    The FWD ones may feel roomier without the transmission hump in them.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

Lot of them are snowbirds. Then there's the friend I got my Outback from in Anchorage. She got another new one and took the old one to her AZ condo.

True, I'm one of those but ironically I have RWD in NH as well as in AZ. My Dad never drives anywhere north of say Orlando but wants FWD and he's not unusual.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,966
    i Miev. Looks a lot smaller/narrower than a Leaf.
    Are those only sold regionally? I haven't seen one in person.
    I've seen one too. Looks like a narrow fiberclass kind of car. Not sure if they're retail units as all of the ones I've seen have those electric car graphics on them.

Well Vancouver is open to this tyoe if vehicle experimentation so you see a lot of funky cars here from time to time.

This morning saw a new rental Altima, loaded looking Fusion (really resembles Avalon from the side), Allroad, and not new, but saw a E350 coupe in unusual designo "Mauritius Blue", and the poor 5er GT on a local lot is still sitting there, I think about 3 months now.
    People at the dealer cold not show me the two different ways to open the hatch. I don't even think they want to sell them.
    edited March 2013
    Probably some poor training, average BMW salesman is probably used to only showing people how to lease a base 3er. That GT will eventually be a bargain, I bet it could be had for no more than 35K now, would have been well over twice that new.

New cars this afternoon: 2x 2014 Forester at the dealer, 2x Tesla sedan (one at dealer, one on road), local Lexus dealer literally has 30 or more CTs sitting on one side of the lot, weird.
    Saw a dozen or so new X5 and X1 at Rockville BMW while at a furniture store next door.
    New Avalon at the store this morning (great side profile, but the front is just hideous). Then I sat in a family members new 328 xdrive. Meh. I could find better ways to spend 47k. I didn't have the heart to ask, but I'm pretty sure it was vinyl interior. They said they already had the start/stop disabled.

edited March 2013
    You can load MBs up well into the 60s with a vinyl interior. But....it's a really convincing pleather. That doesn't get to me - Euros making xenons optional or part of expensive packages irks me, with base lights being pretty weak.

I saw an X1 with stop/start the other day, it was noticeable when the engine restarted.
    Saw a new Cadillac XTS pulling into a parking space. I'm never gonna be a Big-a-llac type but I must say this was the best looking big Cadillac I've seen since the 60s. For a scaled up CTS it wears it's proportions very well and the detailing is very nice. I particularly liked the tailfin-shaped rear lights which added a little flamboyance to a conservative design.

For a scaled up CTS

No relation to the CTS at all. FWD layout shared with the Buick LaCrosse. I agree its a looker.