Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,707

The three row will be different than the stretched RX so I hear.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,146
    Michaell said:

First look at the new Lexus RX:

1. Is the new grille better or worse than the current model?
    2. The 3-row version is going to be renamed the TX
    3. No more V6's

Maybe equally bad? Seems to have a forehead or nose on top of the grille. Side profile looks the same.

The rear and sides aren’t as tortured as the old one. Faint praise…

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    fintail said:

Maybe equally bad? Seems to have a forehead or nose on top of the grille. Side profile looks the same.

My thoughts as well. While they have thankfully toned down the aggressively obnoxious aspects of their "spindle" grille, the treatment of the hood and header panel above the grille is not elegant and unsuitable for a vehicle like a Lexus.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

That nose may be specific to the F Sport high power hybrid, which they’re pushing at the intro.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,309
    Not sure just from the picture, but the RX looks lower to me.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

It does have a longer wheelbase, about same length, so the proportions are better.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    So the memes predicting massive front grilles on cars continuing to get bigger and bigger were true. The 2023 RS3 is a perfect example. Not a huge fan of the massive grill look, but Audi does it better than most.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion

It seems to have a sportier stance somehow, something maybe in the hood length vs height and length of the passenger compartment. I see the faux floating C-pillar survived, thank heavens, it still has that excitement and dynamism that the RX is known for.

fintail said:

It seems to have a sportier stance somehow, something maybe in the hood length vs height and length of the passenger compartment. I see the faux floating C-pillar survived, thank heavens, it still has that excitement and dynamism that the RX is known for.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    I, in picture, find nothing appealing about the new RX. But, likely, I am not the target gender to which they appeal.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,066
    My buddy who owns the Acura dealer in CA posted this picture on FB. Stick shift, no markup:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Michaell said:

My buddy who owns the Acura dealer in CA posted this picture on FB. Stick shift, no markup:

Old man's gray.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,518
    Michaell said:

Killing me, smalls. I love it. though if it was red would be even better! If I actually was in the market for a car like that would be very tempting (other than the being on the wrong coast problem)

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,908
    edited June 2022

Great looking car. I don’t even hate the black wheels as much as I normally do. I’d be very happy with one of those (of course I’m a wimp and it would need to be auto).

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,846
    tjc78 said:

Great looking car. I don’t even hate the black wheels as much as I normally do. I’d be very happy with one of those (of course I’m a wimp and it would need to be auto).

I think the wheels are actually dark gray. They look great to me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Saw a new Integra in the wild today. Was near the dealer I bought my RDX from, and saw one on the road with a temp tag on it. some they sold at least 1! It was gray. looked nice on the car, but certainly not a "fun" color.

My buddy in CA reported that the grey one I shared has already been sold.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited June 2022
    Lots of mavericks now. Last week it so just local, a dark gray, silver, and Area 51. Actually 2 dark gray like mine, but could have been the same one twice! Also an orange one floating around locally. So they are getting out there.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,982

I have yet to see a Maverick or Santa Cruz. I find that interesting as this is a new vehicle town, keeping up with the Jones and all that non sense.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Spotted a Santa Cruz on the way back from the grocery store, today. White.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I saw a white one last week. Very rare sighting.

Saw another Santa Cruz, yesterday.

At the car wash on Sunday, Mercedes AMG S63 Coupe. Impressive, and looks a lot smaller in hardtop coupe form.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Haven’t seen a Santa Cruz yet, but a few Mavericks.

Yesterday I saw a brand new Pilot and Highlander in dark gray parked next to each other. The similarities are amazing almost hard to tell the difference at a quick glance.

I saw 2 Santa Cruz that I can remember in the last few months. Mavericks becoming much more common.

edited June 2022
    In LA, again, here an Ionic 5, there and Ionic 5, everywhere an Ionic 5. Finally saw a non-gray one; black. Yet, only one or two Kia EV6.

Had lunch in Arts District, really cool restaurant, Manuela's. Out front was a Ferrari Portofino, which, after John Legend walked by our table, I'd guessed to be his. Nope, family Legend was gathered, and left en masse in a (private, darkly tinted window) black van. He's rather young looking, and had no qualms in exchanging pleasantries with my star-struck wife. I was upset he didn't pick up our lunch check.
    Then saw the Altman Brothers from Million $ LIsting LA; a show I enjoy (and they're from Boston) so I simply tipped my Red Sox cap and said I enjoyed the show. Both smiled, and brief conversation of Boston. However, they did not offer to buy me breakfast; this is a disturbing trend.
    Had hoped to go to Petersen, but time didn't allow.

Now in SF, admiring son-in-law's white '22 Golf R. Which may make way for a Tesla 3. Perhaps I"ll be allowed to puruse the exotic dealership here in Walnut Creek. Probably not, all time to be devoted to new granddaughter.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

if I was buying something now and wanted to jump into the EV pool, pretty sure it would be the Ioniq 5. Loved the reviews, and really think being able to high speed charge (assuming you ever find a charger available and working) is a big plus.

If I wanted an EV I would consider one of those too (don't want a Tesla, MB bathtub EVs are out of my league), cool looking in their own way. I've only seen one so far.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    The Ioniq is nicely styled for sure. However given Hyundai's engineering track record I would be extremely wary of spending my money on one. Perhaps a lease that you could walk away from after 3 years, especially given Hyundai's view of their warranty coverage as being theoretical at best.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Oh, and my first wild Rivian. The wife found it to be a handsome beast. No reason not to agree, but I'm not much of a truck guy.

Maybe their electric motors are better than the gasoline engines? "Premature engine failure" is still what I think of when I see a Sonata or Optima.
    ab348 said:

The Ioniq is nicely styled for sure. However given Hyundai's engineering track record I would be extremely wary of spending my money on one. Perhaps a lease that you could walk away from after 3 years, especially given Hyundai's view of their warranty coverage as being theoretical at best.

I saw a Lordstown Endurance truck on the top level of a car carrier today headed west on I-80.
    Lordstown branding is off the factory building. Now it displays Foxconn.

I saw a Lordstown Endurance truck on the top level of a car carrier today headed west on I-80.
    Lordstown branding is off the factory building. Now it displays Foxconn.

Foxconn basically bought the facility, and in the process acquired over half of the company. (from what I've read)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Also saw 3 white Hummer EV's on a car carrier headed east on I-80.
    I followed a VW Atlas in to work. Nothing special, but I did notice the exhaust outlets on the bumper weren't just fake, they were blocked off. The real exhaust exits elsewhere...

Saw my first Santa Cruz in the wild today.

Two firsts - a Santa Cruz a couple of days ago, and a Lucid Air this morning:

Next new car - '23 HR-V, I was surprised to see it so soon after first reading about it. Looks much better than before, but I'm disappointed they got rid of the 'magic' rear seat. Would be good for transporting geriatric dogs, among other things.
    I thought only the fit had the magic seat?

I think the HR-V was based on the Fit.
    Yes, the prior HR-V had the Fit's magic seat.
    I spotted a new WRX in the wild last night. Black over black, black wheels. It was ... OK, I guess. Not sure how I feel about the squared off wheel arches. It's OK for an SUV or truck, not sure it looked as good on a car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Saw a truckload (well, 4 on a car carrier) of Rivian/Rivians/Rivia today, also one on the road.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    While on the Florida turnpike at work, see plenty of truckloads of new vehicles passing us going south. Not sure where they are all going but supply chains seem to be open. And see plenty of used at most lots we pass so a bit confused about this so-called issue we're having. With auto makers still making record profits on less inventory, thinking something fishy is going on. So glad that we're in no hurry to buy anything, my desire for something new is only a want and in no way necessary for another couple of years or so. Could probably go another 5 or so years and I'd still be at about 83K or so.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

It's not that there are no new cars, it's that the supply is way below demand. New car lots around Dallas are 1/4 full. Annual production is well below normal:
    https://jalopnik.com/car-sales-to-go-down-17-percent-despite-strong-demand-1849123715
    Spotted when I went to pick up dinner tonight…

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,982
    Michaell said:

I didn’t know Polestar made a coupe. It is nice looking though the rear is bland.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

sda said:

Michaell said:

I didn’t know Polestar made a coupe. It is nice looking though the rear is bland.
    Polestar 1 - quite a rare sighting, I’m told.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator