Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    XJL in my hotel parking lot. Impressive car, and big. I'd rock it.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,617
    I have been seeing a lot of the newest and smallest Buick. It's hard to tell from a Regal but I've had a look at the lettering on the tail. Both Regals and Verranos lack the sharp styyling of the Lacrosse perhaps because they are Opel-based.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,689
    Is the Verano really Opel based? I had thought it was based on a Chinese market car.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,796
    The Verano is based on the Delta II platform which underpins the Chevy Cruze and Orlando, the Opel Astra, the Buick Excelle as well as others. The Excelle is a Chinese market Buick.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,671
    silvery/blue S70 hard top convertible
    Black Chevy Cruze.
    Is it Opel or Korean then?

Saw a LWB Jag XJ, new style 911 cabrio, and no Teslas today.
    Is it Opel or Korean then?

It was developed by Opel to be a global platform. I guess you can call it German.
    Maybe Korean designed then? I was thinking something about it was Asian.

Saw the same "AMG" plated Tesla again today, newer M6, new rental Edge Limited.
    Maybe Korean designed then? I was thinking something about it was Asian.

Depending on what one reads, it was either designed by Opel or GM Korea led the development with a major assist from Opel. In any case - it's really a global platform as the Cruze is sold worldwide virtually unchanged.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,162
    Black Audi S5 at Bingham and Martins Mill Road in NE Philly.
    On I-75 in downtown Detroit.
    Also, a Shelby GT 1000 on a flat bed trailer in Ohio.
    ...silver Jaguar XF at Knorr and Bingham in NE Philly.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,567
    edited June 2013
    I hadn't heard of the Shelby GT1000 - wow, 1200 hp!
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    Checked out one of these last eve and I gotta say it is quite the car both inside and out. I didn't drive it so I can't comment on its abilities but man what a knockout of an interior. Materials and build quality were amazing, the seats were a little firmer than they appear but the driving position is great, the visibility is great and the controls all seemed straight forward and fell right in to hand.

On the outside, it has a nice stance and the lines are nice. This one was decked out in what Kia calls Acura black? hmmmmmm, wonder who they were targeting? Anyways, very nice car.

You'll have to excuse me while I go burn the old C&D and MT magazines that contained reviews on the original Sportage and Sephia. Those cars have nothing to do with what Kia is building today.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,454
    edited June 2013
    That would be a hoot, but it looks like it's called "Aurora" black. :shades:

I like the Snow White Pearl myself (just going by photos though).

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

LOL, that makes sense, I can imagine there would be some sort of trademark law with using the Acura name. But, what a way to take a shot at your competition :shades:

Tho I'm not as confident about the drivetrain plus really having no real seat time, I can't say how the Cadenza would match up against Acura's new RLX but with regards to features, comfort and interior/exterior quality I'd say the big Kia would be a good match for it.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they named the paint as an homage to the Olds Aurora?

"The best soon-to-be-discontinued sedan on the market. Sophisticated power plant, sumptuous interior, comfortable ride." (we won't go into the build quality complaints). What Edmunds Says

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Such an odd name, to me. Makes me think of a model of Victrola, but I am kind of weird :shades: No doubt will outsell RL-X though, I predict that thing is going to have a rough time.

Saw a new style Range Rover today, black with silver roof made it kind of extroverted.
    edited June 2013
    It reminds me of a credenza. Maybe it'll have a lot of inlaid plood inside. :)

You're closer with your Victrola since cadenza is a musical term.

Or a special audio system - looks like Fomoco is using it too :shades:
    A Victrola in a credenza. Perfect!

If a Ford, wouldn't it be a Crown Victrola?
    edited June 2013
    Well, there was a Granada and a Colony (Park), Fomoco enough for me :shades:

Good one though!
    I don't know if this thing was trapped in a museum or just bought and stored in a hermetically sealed coffin for 35 years but I saw a shiny brown Ford Fairmont this morning that literally looked like it just rolled off the assembly line. This thing was immaculate. Didn't appear to be any sort of higher end model (hubcaps were the giveaway) but the chrome, the paintwork, the rockers, this thing was flawless.

Or maybe time travel is possible and this guy wasn't from around here, lol :shades:
    but a White Tesla Model S with a black (pano?) roof.
    wagon at a gas station
    Not new, but remarkable - saw a previous gen Infiniti M that was chromed - a vinyl wrap no doubt, but it still gave the aura of a [non-permissible content removed] from the UAE from a block away.

Saw 2x Tesla yesterday.
    ...the new Chevrolet Impala at the Carlisle All-GM show this weekend with andre1969. This one was finished in a pearlescent white like the White Diamond finish on my 2002 Seville STS.
    This is not your typical "rental grade" Impala! This car had a lot of features and an excellent quality interior.
    New style Impalas are already in fleets now - but as a "premium" choice instead of a standard "fullsize" - that might not be a bad sign.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,655
    edited June 2013
    Have seen one at MIA but it was locked so could only look through the window...nice car and yes, it was a white one. That was probably about 10 days ago and haven't seen any since. Will be doing some Ft. Lauderdale to Miami runs tomorrow so hopefully...! Have seen only 1 Cadenza but no new Forte's yet, and I've read some great things about it in my auto mags so am keeping my eyes open. Been a slow few days and haven't worked since Orlando last Friday...hopefully should pick up around the 4th but have heard that it'll be kinda bleak until Labor Day or so as most folks go to Orlando this time of year. We did move a mess of minivans up there about 2 weeks ago, same with convertibles. All I know is we have to many workers for not enough work right now...bummer! :(

The Sandman :( :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch