Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,796
    Saw a 2014 E-class on the road, didn't have the deluxe lighting. Also saw a couple Tesla S.
    Saw a white 2014 E wagon today, admittedly driving away from the dealer's holding lot.

Also a red Tesla S, parked at a high end body shop, appeared to have rear drivers side door damage.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,431
    i've been saying many of these. I was just commenting the other day to the wife that I see those more often than the Leaf.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,186
    I can't recall the last time I saw a Leaf outside a car show. The only thing more scarce than a Leaf is a MiEV.
    Come to Seattle - the tree huggers love them - subsidized 199/month lease helps too, more money to devote to the energy guzzling suburban tract mcmansion.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,724
    Lotus Evora - It was kind of a strange color for that car. Not sure if I liked it or not.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,359
    I can't recall the last time I saw a Leaf outside a car show.

I saw one yesterday, doing about 80 down the carpool lane of the southbound 101. Hope there was an electrical outlet at the end of the journey.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,431
    haha. I've done that with mine. I've actually had it up to 95. The battery does indeed deplete is a great hurry at those speeds!

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

...a coworker's new black Cadillac ATS w/V-6 engine.
    Spotted a new MDX with the 754 headlights.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,629
    spent last week at the shore (Jersey) in one of the richest towns anywhere. the money down there is just depressing (when it isn't yours).

anyway, it is a fantastic place to look at nice iron. Among other things, a new big roller just street parked like a "normal" car. More BMWs and Benzes than you could shake a stick at. Mulitple Panameras.

but my favorite, the first Jag F type I have seen in the wild. Man, I want one of them. Bad. Power ball special of course, but a few tickets I can afford!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

I have seen a few of them. really have to see it from the front or up close to tell the difference from my RDX.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• berriberri Posts: 4,202
    Saw what I believe was a red mid 60's MB roadster today. A replacement for the Fintail???
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    edited August 2013
    I counted (5) of them this weekend between trips thru MA and one to NH. The headlights were the only way I could decipher them from the hundreds of GEN 2 models around here.

Also spotted and R8 V10, an XK-R and a mint condition early NSX that looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

And one that I wonder if the resident GM fans can answer. It was one of the current Sierra pickups in blue that looked like it was well cared for but the underside had a ridiculous amount of rust. I was behind it on the highway and the rear axles was completely brown, the shock mounts were covered, the U-brackets, the brakes. Then passed around the side of it and the frame was full of rust as well, not full but the welds, sections of the chassi... this thing was a bucket. :sick:

My buddy had rust problems on one of his lemons back in 2006 but the rust on that thing was confined to the bumpers and the spare tire well. This thing looked like it had been sitting in a salt bath for it's life.
    Stopped by the MB dealer to begin the wild goose chase for a couple fintail parts, and what do they have on the showroom floor? A CLA. Papers on the car said it was just for display, no demos. I was actually kind of surprised by it, it really kind of resembles a 3/4 scale CLS.
    Stone harbor/Avalon.

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    We were in Sea Isle Saturday night. No shortage of new expensive iron there either !

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Saw a Mitsu MiEV - it looks...special.
    A new Mazda 6 has appeared a couple spots away from me at home. Appears to be a standard model - no sunroof anyway, I don't think it had leather either. I did look and see it was a J VIN.
    Saw a new Impala LTZ on the road - pano, fancier wheels, etc, it was red, not a rental.
    Black Fiat 500-L with white roof on Bingham Street near Robbins in NE Philly.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,724
    a new ES hybrid
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,818
    Black, and going gangbusters on the Interstate (at least 85) before cutting over three lanes to an exit.

Dealer plates.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Encore.... Tiny little sucker.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,677
    Haven't seen one yet at the airports but I like them. A bit too pricey but bet they'll be quieter than the Sparks I've driven. Buicks tend to do a nice job with their noise reduction and interiors as the Chevy looks decent enough though a bit low rent.

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

You can hear a pin drop at 80mph in my Lacrosse.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,677
    The Lacrosse and Regal I did drive was extremely quiet and was very impressed even though I only drove them each for under 10 minutes. I've not been able to snag any Buick product for an extended run yet as someone always seems to walk a bit faster to the particular vehicle than I do. In fact, yesterday was the first time I was right in front of a vehicle I wanted to drive that was chosen to go to the auction so I grabbed it even though my co-worker tried to nudge me out of the way...he did it in fun so we both laughed but he actually gave me a small body slam to move me away! I know my time will come to get a Buick for a longer trip once season ramps up again...gotta try that Verano!!!

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,252
    edited August 2013
    >You can hear a pin drop at 80mph in my Lacrosse.

Just returned from a trip to Pure Michigan Saturday at 78 mph and can carry on a normal voice conversation in a 2003 leSabre with 160,000 mi and Michelins worn about 60%. Cobalt also has a similar quiet ability although there's some air noise from underneath above 70 mph (new Michelins).

[IMG] http://www.michigan.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/PureMichigan.jpg [/IMG]
    I've driven a similar vintage LeSabre and yes very quiet, my 98 Eighty Eight (same basic car I believe) wasn't bad either.

I recently drove the 04 Grand Marquis from south Jersey to Richmond and was surprised how quiet that thing still is. Managed to squeak out 25 MPG running at 75-85 the whole way. Not bad for a dinosaur!