Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,454
    If there's not already an app where you can snap a photo and have the car identified, this group should write one. The posters in here could do it in real time!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• berriberri Posts: 4,179
    "True, all new cars should have bar codes that you can swipe with your cell phone to make an ID."

Careful buddy or the Snowden paranoia people will be chastising you for that thought!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,807
    Yeah, probably would be illegal--well it would only identify the car not who owns it.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,689
    Saw a looooaded A7 TDi today, 77K sticker.
    edited August 2013
    Only if a money sucking fake private sector company like BAH is involved (insert broken down car emotorcon)
    New car has popped up in the spot next to mine at home - new style Malibu, not a rental. Parked next to a new Mazda 6. Lots of newer cars in the garage these days.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,617
    Lately I've noticed some new AWD wagon joining the automobile fleet in NH. I've seen several not- very-Mini Paceman All4s in various colors. I was prepared not to like them because they'e just too big for a Mini Cooper but the grey/green example I saw with dark grey-spoker wheels looked cool in a butchy way.

I've seen two or three new Audi (A4) Allroads today in black and silver. They are not much bigger than my old '98 A4 Avant/B5 but ride a bit higher-- nice looking cars that split the difference between a CUV and a station wagon nicely.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

Went by a high end body shop today to get advice on my little paint chip (they said just touch it up, not worth performing an actual repair - yes, I am OCD) - there was a Tesla S with no front clip, and a C63 coupe with side damage. I also remember I saw a Panamera Hybrid the other day.
    Today I spotted an Equus with private plates, an Acura soft-roader with 754 headlights, and an Infiniti Q50.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,796
    Fin: What are "754" headlights?
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    edited August 2013
    I spotted not one but two of the new Mitsubushi Outlanders this morning. Then again, in person they look like something that could have come out in 2003 so nobody but car fans probably recognized it as new...

Another new RAV4 at work this morning, took the wifes new car to work today. It's a green color which I like the best so far. Sucker was over 31 grand, yikes.
    This goofy look that Acura thinks is the next big thing:

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,807
    Looks like something you get in a cereal box.

• bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,349
    "Looks like something you get in a cereal box."

Looks like something you get in a dirty bathroom.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,162
    ...dark gray 2014 Chevrolet Impala near Knorr and Rising Sun in NE Philly.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,671
    edited August 2013
    a Gray CX-5, Green Fiesta, Maroon Nissan Pathfinder. I had a 2011 Explorer, which looks somewhat bloated. Pathfinder looks like a rejected Explorer design.
    On the road...
    Twice i have seen Nissan Rogue 'Krom' Editions. Cheap looking rear center dual exhaust feature.
    Saw another new MDX today (maybe the same as yesterday), 2x Tesla, SL63 with recent plates, Pathfinder minivan.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,655
    Saw one in the ready line and it is an impressive looking vehicle...have yet to drive one but just can't wait. Last weekend on my 4 Ft. Myers to Lauderdale trips I had 2 Jeep Liberty's, a Sentra and something else that slipped my mind right now, senior moment! Did a couple Orlando runs this week and had a Hyundai Tuscon and the next day a Hyundai Elantra...these were all going to the Manheim auction in Ocoee.

Things are starting to pick up a bit and hopefully we'll be back in full force after Labor Day!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,349
    Sandman, once you do drive one please be sure to post your opinions. It's been awhile since Chevy has made a sedan I wanted, and this one sounds promising.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

edited August 2013
    In the parking lot of the natural foods coop in Taos. Talk about a cab forward design.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

edited August 2013
    Was out goofing off with a friend, stopped by a few dealers as he is a perpetual browser. Drove by an Infiniti dealer who had a Q50 sitting outside. Jag dealer had signs on each XJ (my friend loves those) that claimed 10K off, and also a 699 lease deal on a SWB car. Audi dealer had A6 and A7 TDi - 64K and 78K MSRPs on those. Stopped by MB dealer to ask if the little rock chip I got via negligent road works would be a lease problem - it isn't nearly big enough for them to notice, so that's cool. Now just to deal with the running light. Saw a loaded to the gills designo 13 E550 with a 79K MSRP, and a 14 E550 cabrio with a 77K MSRP. Also saw a Cadenza on the road.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,376
    Anyone see Juice post recently? Seems like its been awhile, but maybe I'm not following the right posts.

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

Seems like he's been on vacation all summer.

Hopefully just in Brasil for a long spell rather than something unfortunate.

For new cars, I saw a rental Cadenza on the road today, and a 14 E wagon with freshly issued plates.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,163
    edited August 2013
    Kia Cadenzas are already in the rental fleet. There goes the marque down the drain.

I looked for one at my local Kia dealer and couldn't see one anywhere.
    I've seen a few on the road, and the Flyertalk rental forum has many sightings. Kia is HUGE in fleets, at least in my area.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,671
    Front and rear styling are kind derivative, Accord front, Sonata rear, but it's supposed to be a pretty good sedan.
    Just saw an E63 wagon - totally debadged, but you could see and hear it.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,162
    ...light gray-silver Cadillac ATS near Montour and Passmore in NE Philly.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    Saw a burgundy one today too. It just seems to small for a Caddy.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse