Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,900
    You still need good credit and some cash flow to lease - not as easy for youngsters as it once was. Unless mom and dad sign for it or something.

One doesn't need that much cash flow to be approved for a $349 lease - especially if they are living at home.

I know you are partial to MB and probably dislike the idea of MB reaching out to the bourgeois.

:)
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,950
    edited October 2013
    You'll also need a few grand up front, some kind of income, and good credit. In this devolved economy, those all exclude a lot of people.

It's nothing new, I do find it funny that someone is trying to denigrate the car or its customer base when it is a segment that has existed since boomers started weaseling their way up and ran to 3ers and 190s 30 years ago.

:P
    I can believe it. And that gets me too - dealer treats you like crap, and you buy from them anyway? WTH?
    It's nothing new, I do find it funny that someone is trying to denigrate the car or its customer base when it is a segment that has existed since boomers started weaseling their way up and ran to 3ers and 190s 30 years ago.

I just had to with your remark about the "highline lease customer base." You and I both know that the CLA is being offered in order to bring less affluent buyers into the brand. There's nothing highline about the CLA, S3, forthcoming 1 series and IS250.

Now those 3's and 190's from 30 years ago - those were highline.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    That's why you always bring a spare set of keys.

Have you priced replacement keys and fobs lately?

What you bring is your cell phone, and then you call the cops. You might be talking grand theft in some states. :-)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

Nothing highline about a base C/A4/3er/IS, etc either. This is nothing new, and real world pricing will be the same as an existing base C. MB is desperate for the illusion of youth, and this will do the trick. Seeing as the car has been a virtual sellout so far, it looks like the plan is working as intended.

Those basic cars in the olden day boomer yuppie era had vinyl seats, no toys, no real higher spec than the modern cars and no better image other than maybe that the brands were less common then.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    It's a big, cushy ride, with a smooth engine. I think you need to drive it to appreciate it, perhaps even on a long trip.
  • ohenryxohenryx Posts: 285
    What you bring is your cell phone, and then you call the cops. You might be talking grand theft in some states.

Nah, not necessary. I stand in the middle of the showroom floor, and let rip in my loudest voice:

I WANT MY CAR KEYS. NOW

Take a very deep breath, let the words come out from your diaphragm. Deep, solid, loud, reverberating from the rafters. Repeat every 10 or 15 seconds until the car keys are in your hand.

Pay absolutely no attention to anyone trying to tell you, "Please calm down, we're looking for them." Go for deep and booming, not shrill.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    Sounds like a Toyota. So when do the domestic fans start referring it as an "appliance"?

Bet it never happens once.
    Well if you want a sports sedan you get an ATS or CTS. The Impala doesn't pretend to be anything but a competent full sized car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,792
    That's exactly it... They tried this stunt on my mother. I was about 20 years old, and I told the salesman that if he didn't have the keys in her hand in 30 seconds, he was getting his --- kicked..

Sort of the same thing... especially, since I hadn't hit anyone since I was 12 yrs old, and wasn't really planning on trying it then, either.. ;-)

Worked, though...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,828
    I went with my mother to buy her Fiesta a couple of years ago, she was close to 81 at the time.
    When the salesman asked if he could have her keys to check her trade in, she reached in her pocketbook and put them on the desk.
    Then she reached in her pocketbook again, held up another set of keys, and said, 'I brought my spares with me'.
    It caught me completely off guard and I was mortified.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,792
    Way to go, Mom! lol

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Just spotted a new Blue Corolla S on my walk at lunch and a company down the street from me has a Black Model S in the parking lot. Also saw a brand new Mazda 3 hatch last evening, what a looker.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,384
    Grey Cruze diesel on the freeway. Far right lane, going about 55mph. Seems like someone was going for a high score on the mpg reading.

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

Saw one of my favorite local new cars - a white on white BMW Gran Coupe. What a combination.

Also saw a 2014 E-class, these seem to be selling very well.
    Gorgeous Model S in white of all colors. Best color I've seen on this puppy.

And another Corolla S at Starbucks this morning, this one in red. Ironically parked next to a new Rav4 in Green. It was like Christmas...
    Saw one in a parking lot yesterday, while walking to lunch. Wasn't at all sure what I was looking at, first one I ever saw.
    Suzuki, actually.

That's a clone of the compact GM pickups. Basically a place holder in dealerships to fill a void in their lineup.
    C63 AMG. Dear lord that thing sounds incredible and goes like stink...
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,684
    I saw a new Range Rover Sport, parked downtown. I could tell it was the new design by the way the roof sloped down @ the rear (ala RR Evoque).
    It was snow white but managed to look good in spite of that.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

...while out today:

black Jaguar XF
    white Viper driven by a blond guy wearing Ray Ban aviators and a green sweater over his shoulders
    brown Buick Encore
    "white Viper driven by a blond guy wearing Ray Ban aviators and a green sweater over his shoulders"

LOL, did he take a detour from Santa Barbara to San Diego by way of New England or something?
    LOL, did he take a detour from Santa Barbara to San Diego by way of New England or something?

He must have been on his way to Greenwich from Nantucket.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,828
    New Cadenza, looked pretty nice. CX-5, looks pretty plain.
    edited October 2013
    Suzuki, actually

You're correct, it is a Suzuki, not a Subaru.

That's a clone of the compact GM pickups.

That part turns out not to be correct. Quoting from Wikipedia:

The Suzuki Equator is a mid-size pickup truck based on the Nissan Frontier and assembled by Nissan.

Sales of the Suzuki Equator since 2009 have been 5,808 overall, and it rarely sells over 200 units per month.

Easy to understand why I've never seen one before.
    Nothing really special about them IMO, but they seem to be selling rather well already. Already as common a sighting as the new RAV4...

Reworked XC60, I like the subtle changes like the integrated exhaust and a sleek new Mahogany color.

Spotted a few more Model S's in Providence, RI area.
    Also saw a new Tundra with MA plates (sold) and another out for a test drive. The looks of it aren't as bad as the pictures and for some reason the paint and chrome work I found very rich. It's a pretty classy looking rig IMO...
    Probably a 5 layer pearl white paint job. You get what you pay for. :shades:
    I bet he was playing the soundtrack from Risky Business.