Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,196
    I saw what appeared to be a new Camaro, but the taillamps were completely different. Did the Camaro get new taillamps for 2014?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,410
    Did the Camaro get new taillamps for 2014?

Yep, they sure did.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,687
    Yep, they sure did.

I suppose that's one way to stop the complaints about the new 'Vette having the same t/ls as the Camaro. ;)

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• texasestexases Posts: 5,647
    Those new taillights are not very interesting, reminds of something like a Nissan 240SX...
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,275
    How does anyone SEE out of that car?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,410
    How does anyone SEE out of that car?

I test drove a 6-speed SS and found it extremely difficult to see things around me. I much prefer the Mustang in that respect.

Haven't driven the Challenger but I suspect it's better than both.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,974
    Today I saw an Equus - not new or remarkable, but it had the goofy KDM hood ornament. I couldn't see the driver, but I'll wager it was one of the rabidly nationalistic local Korean expats.

Also saw a new BMW 3er GT, which kind of looks like a Crosstour to me.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850
    "First rule of Italian driving.. what's behind me is not important..."

(paraphrased from a great movie.. Can I use quotes for a paraphrase?)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Gumball Rally!

"what's behind me, it's not important..."

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,834
    Get the convertible?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850
    Yup.. ;-)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,296
    edited December 2013
    Spotted in LA, a newer Genesis coupe.

And got a glance at a silver Ferrari blowing by, told my wife "there goes a Ferrari".

She said, "oh, the loud one?".

Plus that Scion xB pickup thing posted over in Mystery Car Pics.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

2014 Chevy Camaro convertible.

(our weekend rental car)

How'd you like it?

@MrShift@Edmunds said: How'd you like it?

It was a fun treat but not something I'd want to live with as a daily driver. Someone like me really doesn't appreciate the neck snapping acceleration or the responsive steering. The seats were comfy but a bit hard to climb into (better than many other sedans though, or, say, a Miata). Heated seats worked well and I loved the heads up display. The controls were mostly intuitive; just had to refer to the owner's manual to operate the top.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913

Those new taillights are not very interesting, reminds of something like a Nissan 240SX...

Interesting coincidence... had a car pull out in front of me last night that I thought was an Altima, but turned out to be a Chevy. Some stylistic "borrowing" going on, or are we heading into another "everything looks the same" era??

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Only so many ways to shape an egg I guess.

Tesla in my workplace garage today - not sure who it belongs to or why it was there, as there are no charging stations in the building. There are a few in a nearby building where some of the laughably overpaid C-levels work. Maybe someone was visiting.

Spotted a new silver Impala travelling south on Oxford Avenue in NE Philly. I only wish they'd have made they taillights more "Chevy." The ones on the car look anonymous.

2 new to me:

I saw a Hyundai Genesis, which may be the first I've seen. It's a good-looking car, if a bit generic in style and it's a nice size perhaps a size bigger than a CaMCord but not really a large automobile like say an S-Class.

The black paint did show a bit of "orange peel" in bright sunlight.

Nearby was parked a new Lexus IS250 with it's radical new grille style.

Needless to say this was very distinctive but actually looks better in the metal than in photos and does offset some of the blandness that has plagued the styling of the IS.

• berriberri Posts: 4,234

I was getting an oil change today and the Toyota dealer had new '14 Highlander on the floor. It had just come in. They didn't have any brochures. This one was a grey Limited which included things like cooled seats and blind spot detection for a list of around $42K. To me, it's front end is kind of in your face and the new dash with the long tray is a step down from last years model. It just seemed a bit chintzier, but that's been true of a lot of vehicles over the past few years. However, it seems like a deal because the Explorer's and Lambda's I've seen with these features seemed to be a good 10% higher on the sticker.

Saw an RLX today, might be up to a half dozen sales now.

@fintail said: Saw an RLX today, might be up to a half dozen sales now.

I hear it is a fantastic handling car though.

• texasestexases Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2013

@MrShift@Edmunds said: I hear it is a fantastic handling car though.

I may have seen one RLX, and I live 2 miles from an Acura dealer...

I think it's one of those cars that is difficult to market properly.

@fintail said: Saw an RLX today, might be up to a half dozen sales now.

I hear it is a fantastic handling car though.

Definitely a design issue above all else. 4:3 scale Accord priced just below a 5er/E/A6/GS - good luck with that. Will be a good used buy, like the prior RL.

@MrShift@Edmunds said: I think it's one of those cars that is difficult to market properly.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,976

in the wild.

a new Jeep Cherokee. Looked OK from behind, though quite a bit like the first iteration of the Subaru Tribeca. Did not see the front as I was behind it briefly.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

New Encore, not particularly attractive but perhaps less generic looking than most CUVs. It's a whole bunch smaller than an Enclave even if it has a name that's just as dumb. :o

Spotted one of those weird Nissan Murano convertibles on Rhawn near Palmetto in NE Philly.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913

@lemko said: Spotted one of those weird Nissan Murano convertibles on Rhawn near Palmetto in NE Philly.

Like most convertibles, I like the look of it much better with the top down. (not that you can really do that much in NE Philly in Dec:) )

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.