Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025

@PFFlyer@Edmunds said: Like most convertibles, I like the look of it much better with the top down. (not that you can really do that much in NE Philly in Dec:) )

This weekend that may be a possibility! They are calling for 70 on Sunday. It's crazy.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913

Snapping cold right behind that so don't leave the top down too long!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

edited December 2013

Caprice Interceptors.... 5 of them convoy style on RT70 in Cherry Hill appeared to be a delivery to some municipality (all were dealer plated). I bet a retired one wouldn't be a bad DD.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,955

Saw a CLA, A7, and Allroad on a transporter today.

Went to the car wash operated by the dealer group where I bought my car (nice perk), saw a couple of CLA there, and an oddity - 2014 E250 Bluetec luxury trim with pano, pearl white. Little old lady driving it, who had the headrests up way too high. Stopped by the dealer to get my tires aired up, as my gauge died. Saw a new S-class waiting in the back. Saw another new S-class on the road near home.

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,196

Spotted a really nice black Mercedes E-Class wagon on Terwood Road in Huntingdon Valley outside of Philly.

Just a few minutes ago, another new S-class drove by my window - looks like the market is accepting the car, and some people are doing pretty well.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,948

first in the wild that I remember, a new Santa Fe (the "big" 3 row model).

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

Saw a new Range Rover and a GL63 this morning.

Once I get out of the house today, I'm CERTAIN I'll see some folks who got new rides for Christmas. It always seems to happen right around this time of year :)

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Saw a truckload of new Teslas heading north on I5 today between Seattle and Portland, probably bound for Bellevue.

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,685

No 'Vettes to see...

I wonder how many of you have seen the 2014 Corvette but I sure haven't. The new Sting Ray represents the most radical design change since the original was released in '63 and frankly I'm at sixes and sevens about the styling based on photos I've seen but then I didn't like the '63 until I saw them in person and I've found over the years that you can't tell from photos if you'll like a car's looks.

I was going by a huge Chebby dealer this weekend so I pulled in to see if they had one. I was told they are sold before they even get there and so,they're all spoken for and leave as soon as they arrive. I was a little nonplussed to find that so many people would buy such an expensive car sight unseen and even more important, undriven. :o

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• texasestexases Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2013

@andys120 said: No 'Vettes to see... I was a little nonplussed to find that so many people would buy such an expensive car sight unseen and even more important, undriven. :o

It's gotten such rave reviews that the 'Vette faithful will buy it up, and those waiting for a 'Vette with good seats will, too... ;)

edited December 2013

I've seen two. I think it's a nice update, kind of exotic looking - which it needs to be IMO.

@andys120 said: No 'Vettes to see...

I wonder how many of you have seen the 2014 Corvette but I sure haven't. The new Sting Ray represents the most radical design change since the original was released in '63 and frankly I'm at sixes and sevens about the styling based on photos I've seen but then I didn't like the '63 until I saw them in person and I've found over the years that you can't tell from photos if you'll like a car's looks.

Saw a new Kia Soul today... with an off center racing stripe, white side mirrors, and white wheels. No hamsters

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,835

I saw a truckload of new Vettes awhile back.. all had those ugly chrome wheels. Last Sunday, saw one parked on a downtown street.. nice silver wheels and a color that was pretty close to BRG.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• texasestexases Posts: 5,647

It had to happen - saw a Caddy XTS this morning...with a vinyl roof. Whole 9 yards, the strip with the fake snaps for the non-existent cover...

@texases said: It had to happen - saw a Caddy XTS this morning...with a vinyl roof. Whole 9 yards, the strip with the fake snaps for the non-existent cover...

I've seen one like that, a CTS done the same way too. It just doesn't work on new cars. My 04 Grand Marquis has a full cloth roof, but on a geezer car like that it's acceptable, lol.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

OK folks, I know I must have been hallucinating when I saw this on I-25 the other day.

A three door Audi A3. Had dealer plates on it. I know they weren't sold here in the US; Canadian maybe?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Not in Canuckistan that I know of. I think it exists in Mexico.

I do know of a first gen A3 3 door that was running around in NW WA back around 2001 or so.

@Michaell@Edmunds said: OK folks, I know I must have been hallucinating when I saw this on I-25 the other day.

A three door Audi A3. Had dealer plates on it. I know they weren't sold here in the US; Canadian maybe?

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Kent, OHPosts: 7,494
    edited December 2013

My dealer has a screaming yellow C7. It was built in July and is not for sale according to a salesman; it's there for demonstrations and to take orders. I despise the color, but I like the car. I'm still accustomed to round lights on a Corvette, but I could enjoy one...won't happen for a looonnnnggggg time. Funny, I'm not a fan of the styling of C2 Sting Rays--especially not the split window (let's take something that's hard to see out of and make it even worse!), but I like the '14, overall.

Not new, but hilarious - local Lexus dealer has a Sprinter van for parts duty. A lot of these, of course, have MB emblems and grilles installed. So what does Lexus do? Puts a Lexus badge on it. Does the "L" stand for lame?

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,902

@fintail said: Not new, but hilarious - local Lexus dealer has a Sprinter van for parts duty. A lot of these, of course, have MB emblems and grilles installed. So what does Lexus do? Puts a Lexus badge on it. Does the "L" stand for lame?

Yes the "L" seems lame to those of us who know. But the vast unwashed car owning masses have not a clue.

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,685

I spotted a new Impala parked, got a good look at it. Though I consider silver an unflattering color, the new Impala wore it well. It's a big car, almost Crown Vic size and good-looking overall but I think some of the side detailing is fussy in the same way as a Sonata. No doubt it will sell well, it's a huge improvement over the previous Impala.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Kent, OHPosts: 7,494

I like the new Impala a lot and it's what I'd be driving if I were buying a car now. I thought right away that the dip in the rear door would be a controversial styling point, but I think they're trying to 'nod' to the '65-68 dip in about the same place.

Good point. I am sure it could fool the typical RX driver B)

Speaking of Lexus, saw a new sport package model parked on the street near me. The styling is not growing on me.

@robr2 said:

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,196

A co-worker just bought a new silver Cadillac ATS this past weekend. It has a black leather interior and the turbo four engine.

@lemko said: A co-worker just bought a new silver Cadillac ATS this past weekend. It has a black leather interior and the turbo four engine.

Twinges of new car envy? :p

New Fiat 500 4 door centipede model in the workplace parking garage.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,948

@fintail said: New Fiat 500 4 door centipede model in the workplace parking garage.

I saw my first one on the road recently. An odd duck. Car and driver just did a review and ripped it good.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)