Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    LF-CC just got a green light.

Let's hope some of those others don't and leave it at that. ;)

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/lf-cc/videos/lexus_lf-cc_12-ps-as_927121.html

A bold face worked for Audi, and now it's working for Lexus too. There are 2 people in the world who don't like it, but they'd never be caught dead in a new Lexus anyway. And don't even buy new cars.

Meanwhile people who actually might buy a GS and buying at 400% of the pre-spindle rate.
    You mean the G8 clone?

Wonder if the police department sells them at auction when they're done. Of course those cars idle a lot and are probably beat beyond recognition by the time they're done with them.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,601
    Depends on the municipality.

My town replaces about 2 cruisers a year. They get passed down to other departments. IIRC, they paint them all black and they go to building and health departments that run them about 2 years and then the DPW and rec department get them for another year or so.
    Makes me want to retire and get a job with the Rec dept. I'd rock a blacked out cop car, heck yeah! :shades:
  • fintailfintail Posts: 32,914
    edited November 2012
    And the LF-A got a green light too, about year 2000 or so :shades:

2 people who don't like it? Do you read other forums? The "different for the sake of being different because we've become so invisibly bland that people are falling asleep" front end has been chided and questioned by more than a few. If anything, admit it is a desperation move.

The pre-Exner GS was selling at what, a sad three figures at best per month? Of course it will sell better, as it is a new design to replace then ancient old one, and it is likely a far superior car even with the defective aesthetics. History has more than one car selling despite questionable styling additions.
    It's probably you and lemko in those other forums too. :P

GS has the same engine as the old one, actually dropped the V8 option, and sales are up 472% for October, and you think all those owners think it's ugly?

Please.
    Diplomatic plates.

Probably the German ambassador.

KIDDING. :D
    Makes me want to retire and get a job with the Rec dept. I'd rock a blacked out cop car, heck yeah!

Actually our rec dept. doesn't have too many employees. I think the director (who is elected) gets the 5 year old clapped out cruiser.
    Hoops season starts next week. I'll stick with coaching. Worth driving a minivan to teach kids. :shades:
    edited November 2012
    Nobody bought the V8 either. It was pointless. Looks like the new hybrid might fill that gap, along with being insanely priced.

It's new, with nice interior and much nicer ICE. I've looked at both cars up close (remember, I was giving very positive remarks about the metal trim), and the new one is in a different world. The old one screamed "2005", which might not be the best thing in 2012.

Many owners of ugly cars don't think their cars are ugly.
    You have to get past the exterior to even look at the interior. ;)
    Just approach it from the side, then all is well. I guess most people never look at the front of their car :P
    You think dealers put a table in front or something? ;)
    Saw a new Fusion today, looked to be a highline model - big wheels etc. Pretty rakish. Dark grey, stupid color for this particular driver as it was well after dark, dark road with few lights, idiot.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,585
    parked next to one at the local upscale shopping center. Saw a lot of nice cars there!

Including a new C class Benz. Not exotic, but really sharp in dark blue. I could live with one of those.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

Saw a new Fusion today, looked to be a highline model - big wheels etc. Pretty rakish. Dark grey, stupid color for this particular driver as it was well after dark, dark road with few lights, idiot.

fin - you complain about a lot of things but not liking a dark car at night??

Is there more to the story??
    Must have forgot to mention, no lights on. No DRLs, parking lights, anything. It was essentially invisible.
    Ok that makes more sense.

I think that is happening to more and more people. The new electro luminescent gauges are always "lit" so folks forget to turn on their headlights.

If it was it top of the line Fusion, he needs to use the automatic headlight switch like we do in the Explorer.
    A lot of cars have auto lights these days - I think many of them are switched off. Add that to lesser minds who think DRLs suffice at night, and the terminally clueless who just don't notice because of streetlights and they are too distracted by their phone/drink/passenger etc, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    ...new silver Cadillac XTS in front of Lowe's in Willow Grove, PA.