Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,887
    I wonder if the average BMW fan even knows of that car. Amusing.

Today's newbies - poorly driven GS and a facelift GLK.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Funny, if they'd been in the studio I think she would have slapped them both.

Car related, uh, maybe driven over them both, with her new car. :D
  • berriberri Posts: 3,999
    That Gran Coupe is pretty square - kind of like GI issued eyeglasses back then, or Lawrence Welk.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,443
    Looked a lot like a Subaru Tribeca from the front.
  • berriberri Posts: 3,999
    Last night at O'Hare I saw a Lincoln MKT with livery plates. I know they've been out, but this was the first time I saw one in limo service. Unfortunately, it was dark, so I couldn't tell if the interior was revised, although probably not because the town car livery's weren't. A bit back, I saw a Cadillac XTS that was in Limo form in a funeral procession. But I'm just not thinking either of them are really limousine material.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,597
    The MKT livery has a more powerful engine and adds many touches for the second row including puddle lights, USB port, radio controls, 110V plug, newspaper slots, et al.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,270
    Does the livery include badges saying 'Town Car'? I swear I saw those badges on one I saw in a picture. of course they may have been added afterward.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

I have no idea.
    Saw yet another GS today, they do seem to be selling.

Stopped by the MB dealer - salesman had no idea about any C diesel nor a date for the new S-class. They did have an absolutely loaded white on red C63 that I wouldn't have kicked out of my garage, but 85K is a little rich for my blood.

Oh, and an unplated new Lincoln MKS with the updated front end.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,916
    Cruising the Interstate in mid-Illinois. Going 65 (breaking it in?) in a 65, with the Maroney stickers still on it. Looked like it had steel winter tires on.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,916
    Hyundai Genesis, Caddy XLR. New to me anyway
    Turns out my friend got an LX with steelies. Even the base model has a backup cam, though. She loves it so far.

Driving home late last night near Point of Rocks MD there was a new Genesis with LED lights that blasted by me at a pretty nice clip.
  • Visited the folks in MA over the weekend and did a little last minute shopping. Much to my surprise, the Mall I visited had a Tesla store! Seriously, they had the new Sedan (forgot the name) in the middle (fully open for sitting, poking, proding, etc) and on the walls around it, all the options, color and fabric swatches, Tesla logo garb, and a few "Build our own" areas. Oh, and a platform from which the car rides on also on display.

As far as the car goes, it looks incredible on the outside, the inside is really cool with a full digital dash and an IP that basically looks like an oversized Ipad. The seats looked way out of place tho, too short on the bottom and not a lot of bolstering. Also, there is no center console, so the the layout reminded me of a 70's car. Back seat was pretty spacious and visibility was pretty good.

From the reports I have read about Tesla not doing so hot financially, it must be pretty risky to try and market your product in a mall, but the foot traffic that was coming in and out of the place the day I was there, I predict not many folks know or even care about Tesla's fortunes. The place was a zoo. :shades:
    Sounds like you were over at the Natick Collection.

Telsa is located in the mall because they are trying to get around the dealership laws in MA. They can't sell the cars in MA from that location. It is strictly a showroom experience - you have to order it directly from Tesla in California.
    My local mall has a Tesla dealer too. It's fairly cool, for being in a mall and all.
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    sounds almost like the scene in "The Blues Brothers" where they are driving through the mall and keep passing the auto showroom.

Odie
    "The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year" :shades:

Speaking of new cars, have seen sweetheart lease commercials for G25x and G37 journey/awd and premium - $249 and $299 respectively ($329 for coupe). Blowout time has arrived.
    There's a Fisker Karma inside Montgomery Mall in Potomac, MD.

Just a static display, though, and the car was filthy with dust last time I saw it.

Considering it's one of the few that didn't catch on fire during Sandy they should be taking better care of it. :D
    G25 must be a left over 2012 model, in late December? Wow.

For 2013 the 3.7l is the only engine in there.
    Altima driving on Canal Rd.

Escape in the garage downstairs. I'll try to find out who owns it.