Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• seminole_kevseminole_kev Posts: 1,722
    was it a 300C or a different version of the 300 you looked at? The "Limited" and "Touring" versions have different, cheaper leather than the "C" version.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,002
    the one I really looked at hard and heavy was just a base 300. When the Magnesium 300C pulled up though, I went over and looked at it. I liked some stuff, like the leather, but as for the plastic goes, if it was hard-looking plastic in the base 300, it was still hard-looking plastic in the 300C. I think the carpeting was a higher grade too though, I'm not sure. And with the two-toning with that dark green look, well, I'm a sucker for certain shades of green, anyway!

The car's not perfect, but it's nice enough that I'm in lust with it :D I like my Intrepid, but I have a feeling that if I were to trade it in on a 300C, I wouldn't be missing it too much!
    sorry Kev, I just noticed you said AndyS and not Andre, in that last message...my goof!
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    I saw a Cheval Zafira in the driver's license bureau in Columbus, GA this morning. It had Chevrolet badging and a Mexican license plate. I think the car is sold in Europe as well as an Opel Zafira. It looked like a shrunken version of the old Mazda MPV (with the 4 real doors, not sliding doors) and it had a rear end similar to the Mazda Tribute. It had alloy wheels and a roof rack and was not a bad looking car.
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    Yesterday I saw a silver 2005 Chrysler 300, it was the base package (300) it was real nice and the interior looks great!! The wheel covers are HUGE and so are the tires!! I was very impressed to see how nice this car is and probably is the first Chrysler that i like for real. The 300 was parke right next to my car at a Wal-Mart parking lot.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,634
    Didn't really look at the base interior.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    I saw a new 645ci today in white. Once again, the real thing beats the pics. In person, it's not nearly as Chrysler Sebring LXi 'vert as it is in the photos.

Still doesn't give me that "oooo, gotta have one" stirring in my loins, so to speak, but it's better than I thought.

[sigh]

These are not the best of times for styling, methinks.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,626
    Autoweek came today. They have a humor page, and often do a body double box. This week, they had as "switched at birth" the 300C and the Green Hornet's car. Actually pretty close.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• ghuletghulet Posts: 2,628
    In the past two days, I've seen a new (black) 645 CSi with dark tinted windows (illegal in IL, or at least Chicago) and an X3. The Bangle-desh rear end is just hideous on the 6, the rest of the car is nice. There's just no continuity in the design. The X3 looked fine (hard to botch a two-box SUV), except for the black bumpers. I like them on a practical basis, but the overall effect was that the vehicle looked cheap. I mean, didn't they learn anything after everyone whined about the '92 3-series? Bumpers went body color in '93.
  • wimsey1wimsey1 Posts: 201
    Mitsu Evo, second I've seen.

It will be interesting to see how the 300 does, it does seem to be getting more attention than the 'Bu.
    I saw my first new GTO, outside of an auto show. It was silver. Not a bad looking car, but it just doesn't stand out and grab your attention, although I'm sure the silver color didn't help much!
  • stormdavystormdavy Posts: 83
    saw my first (moving and being driven) 300 in greater Chicagoland area. It was a Touring or Limited; no chrome strip on back bumper. Very regal presence (first noticed it coming up behind me), and different from most photos as its frontal appearance is altered by those lit headlights. Evokes classic car proportions. Nice and trim, great light color Jade something.

Later checked 3 at my dealer - 2 300Cs, 1 Limited. The front clips of these two trim levels are completely, though subtly different.
    And I find the less complicated rear styling of the base models (no sonar "bumps"; no chrome strip) just fine; they don't scream 'entry level'.

Impressed and excited by this sortie of Chryslers into the new RWD full-size market. The car now a symbol of a scrappy new era what with parent company/ corporate/ managerial changes afoot.
    Yesterday i saw the 2004 GMC Canyon it was black with the extended cab it looked tall and tough!! Not bad looking. IMO it looks better than the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado, the only reason i would pick the Colorado is because of the Sport Package: 17" wheels, body color bumpers, lower suspension and body colo grill..
    yesterday, I saw Chrysler 300 out in the "real world" (i.e., not at a dealership, on an auto transport, or at an auto show). It was stuck in traffic coming the other way, so I didn't get more than a quick glance at it. It was black. I drove by too quickly to see what trim level it was, though.
    right next to a Kia Amanti. Since both were black, have large eggcrate grillework and roundish h/ls there was a definite resemblance,
    not that the 300 doesn't pull it together much better.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,794
    Saw my first 300 on the road too...a silver one with chrome wheels...didn't spot the trim level
  • rcc8179rcc8179 Posts: 131
    I was in Washington, D.C., a couple weeks ago and saw a Scion xB for the first time. I never thought I would see a vehicle that made the Aztec or Element look appealing.
  • bretaabretaa Posts: 130
    300C: Lots on the road here in MN and in RI. Also have seen two Crossfires on the road.

2005(?) Focus: The Ford dealer here in town has the redesigned Focus with the new toned done (boring?)Euro-look front clip and interior. The front comes off much better looking than in photos. It's more mature and upscale appearing, definitely in line with the Euro Mondeo, although the jury's out if its better looking. I didn't get a good look at the interior.

Mazda 6: All variations now on the road. Oddly, I've seen more 6 hatches here in MN than Malibu Maxxs...

Audi A3 and a 4dr Alfa sedan: Both seen in NYC on trips over the past year, both with diplomatic plates. The Alfa was gorgeous, and the A3, while clean, doesn't really stand out... Tons of people were walking by it on the street and despite its rarity, no one was giving it a glance... I've also seen the Chevy zafira that someone else mentioned (with Mexico plates) here in MN. I don't know why Saturn isn't selling those...

Garris
  • kmagkmag Posts: 98
    I came out of the library and a silver 300 was parked next to me. Another guy was admiring it and we chatted for a minute. He liked it alot. I do too, although I will probably never be in the market for such a car.

What surprised me was how high the beltline is. The pictures make it look low slung, at least to me.

It is certainly a radical departure from the Intrepid-based cars...which is a good thing. Now if they could apply some of that magic to the desparately-needed replacements for the Stratus and the Neon.....
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,186
    Saw both a silver and a black 300 today.
    he was complaining about the fuel economy of his 2003 (IIRC) Ram, which has a 4.7. He says the way gas prices are getting, he's thinking of trading it in. What's he thinking about trading on? A 300C, of course! Go figure.

If nothing else, it SHOULD get much better economy than his Ram. The 300C is rated around 17/24-25, whereas his Ram is probably 14/19. I still think it's funny though, to be worried about gas prices, and be considering a Hemi!
  • wimsey1wimsey1 Posts: 201
    I've actually wondered if the 300 wouldn't draw from the truck crowd. I think some truck buyers are buying the "big sedan" that no one is selling anymore (I don't count the ancient platforms that need replacement).
    Saw a Magnum at the local dealer today. Looks alright. I think the roof line is pretty good.

Also saw a Colorado in a parking lot today. It didn't bother me at the show but today I actually flinched when I saw it in broad daylight. Maybe it will wear in a bit but right now...argh. In particular the wheel arch accents are revolting, bad geometric parodies of the nasty ones on the Tacoma. Rotten looking little truck IMO. Seems like every Chevy lately is a nasty geometric mess.

OK, I'm calm again.

Bretaa-Seen a few 6 hatches too. Every time I see a 6 it looks better, by far the sharpest midsize. I think I've still seen more Maxxes, but I've seen more of those than 'Bu sedans also even with the later start date (I don't count the sedans piled up at the local Chevy dealer). With out the Maxx the 'Bu would be a contender for the "Why bother car introduction of the year" award.
    Two 2004 Chevrolet Malibus Maxxes, 2004 Chevrolet Silverado SS, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2004 Mitsubishi Evolution.
  • setzersetzer Posts: 127
    saw a Chrysler 300 driving out of the WalMart parking lot today. I was really glad to see it in person!
    2004 Suzuki Forenza, 2004 Suzuki Verona, and 2004 Mitsubishi Galant (the 2nd one ive seen).
    I live 2 mins away from the Ford Truck Plant, there they manufacture the F-250's and up, and today on my way home i saw the 2005 Ford F-350 Double Cab in Black with Chrome wheels, it was amazingly nice!!!! it had the BIG CHROME GRILLE and it looked awesome!! The news Super Duty F's are to go on sale this september.
  • millspdmillspd Posts: 106
    I got to drive a Malibu Maxx LS today. We are considering buying one for work, so we got one to try out for a day or two. Pretty nice, actually. I'm 6'4" and was able to get comfortable (it had the power seat). Drove it on back roads and the interstate and it did both well.
    I saw a black one and it looked kinda jaunty and MINI-like, too bad about the wimpy motor.