Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,159
    edited February 2013
    I saw that exact combo a few weeks ago. That color looks fantastic on the E.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    There's what I can afford, and what I want to spend...about $20k or so.

I'm a cheap skate, but I'll stretch the budget if I find a strong value. I'm considering recent used cars as well.

Will share more in CCB.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 32,892
    If I could find a bluetec with a light interior, pano, P2, I'd be very tempted to go for it. It's pretty rare even for gas - kind of a Florida color. Goes well with my old car.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,380
    edited February 2013
    I saw my first Caddy XTS outside of a car show today, it was the same metallic red that shows up in their ads. Nice looking car but too big IMO for a FWD sedan
    (AWD is optional).
  • berriberri Posts: 4,000
    That's what I'm talking about! There are really very few nice looking blues today and when you find one, it is often on a luxury car. That wasn't the case a few decades ago. GM in particular had a lot of very nice blue hues back then. Why not today?
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,096
    I saw one on the road about a month ago. Agree with you it's an odd duck to be FWD in such a large car. The Deville/DTS it replaced, which was also fwd had better proportions.

Just look at Acura and their dismal sales of the RL, partially because it's a bland FWD based V6 "premium luxury sedan"

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

And MB dropped it. I think they still have a dark blue (no thanks, hard to maintain), and a silver that kind of has a blue tint to it. But that quartz blue was cool, like a modern version of my fintail.

There is a color called "universe blue" offered on the upcoming CLA that might have potential.

On the car front, saw a new Accord today, in traffic behind a 96-97 Accord. Reminiscent of a new Accord with a Crosstour behind it, my how they have grown.

Also had a current style A4 in front of me in traffic today, it was smoking like an 80s MB diesel (not a plume, but definite emissions off the line). I wonder what was wrong.
    BMW used to have a gazillion shades of blue, my '00 5er is Steel Blue (Stahl Blau)
    which used to be on about every third Bimmer.

They also had LeMans Blue, Topaz Blue, Estoril Blue, Laguna Seca Blue, Montego Blue Avus Blue, Fjord Blue and many more. Sadly they now only offer Deep Sea Blue (dark blue) or Water Blue (light blue) for most models. Like everyone else they now offer four shades of grey or silver, black, white and red.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,598
    Why not today?

According to one article I found:

White, black and silver are "tech" colors - those colors are sleek and modern.

Boredom - since people keep their cars longers, that flashy teal might be nice today but not so much in 7 years.

Resale - who's going to want to buy that orange car you had to have 6 years ago?

Vibrant colors do better in Asia while the basics listed above are popular in North America and Europe even more.
    It's made the palette so dull, though. There are hardly any colors out there.

I wouldn't mind a red or yellow car next time, if it's the right model for a flashy color. I'm kind of tired of blues.
    There are hardly any colors out there

I would agree. When I spot a 1950s car in traffic it's the color(s) that stand out as much as the chrome or the fins.
    I love the light pastels from the 50s. They had personality.

Now it's like this:

White
    off white
    gray
    light gray
    dark gray
    tungsten gray
    light tungsten gray
    semi-light but not that dark gray gray
    silver
    black
    edited February 2013
    MB must have a dozen greys and silvers. I think Toyota has 50 shades of beige :shades:

It's pretty bad that the return of brown was actually kind of exciting, as it was different.

Oh, saw a "sport" variant new Santa Fe. Not offensive, not sure what the point of the window in the C-pillar is for - too small and high for visibility, just to let in light I guess. Must be a monster for a small person to maneuver in a garage.
    Buick had a nice brown with the Enclave, with Bronze mixed in for depth.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,598
    Here's Audi's colors:

:D

They should get a little more playful with the new A3.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,444
    They have one thing in common, both really noisy.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,068
    ...white Chevrolet Sonic turning left onto Tabor Avenue near Cheltenham in NE Philly.
    Not much of an issue with my 20mph average speed (26mph moving average).

Wonder how the C-Max noise levels compare?

I think C&D measures road noise for comparos, I'll do a quick search...
    Looks like C&D hasn't compared them yet, I imagine that's coming.

Detroit Free Press (as pro-Domestic as they get) complained about noise on the C-Max also:

http://www.freep.com/article/20121220/COL14/312200068/Ford-C-Max-hybrid-excels-i- n-affordability-roominess-and-fuel-economy

Both out of my target price range for now, low 30s for Ford and mid 30s for the V loaded up. I don't think Ford's moonroof is the panoramic kind, plus the fam hated the back seat (and they're right about that).

Too bad, I prefer the shorter overall length and is has a bigger gas tank for great range.

Ted Britt Ford is advertising $4000 off, so a loaded $32k one would be $28k. Definitely better priced.