Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,587
    Shop. Allstate keeps going up, but even with the platinum plan, after the rebate it is about $3.600/year. So, I was getting solicitations from AAA, so I called them. $2275 for a year, for same levels coverage, though they don't offer "accident forgiveness".

but, this is for 4 cars, 4 drivers. 2 full coverage, 2 liability only, and a 21 YO male and 17 YO female.

You are getting hosed!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    I've compared with quite a few of the big companies and Geico was always the best I could do, but never AAA. Do you have to be a AAA member? I'm not.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Yes, I think so, but that is fairly cheap. In theory they give better rates for longer term members, but who knows how true that is!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,914
    Can't wait to see its LED jewelry :shades:
    was up around Princeton tonight, so no shortage of nice iron. Was at a light, and up next to me pulls a nice looking new black Ferrari convertible. Just don't ask me what model. But sounded real sweet pulling away!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,452
    Wasn't sure what it was until I saw the Toyota emblem.
    The rear lights form sort a horizontal shelf.
    Forgot to look at the front.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Not far from a new-ish Legacy.
    Saw a Dart in a color I will call "General Lee Orange" (ok, it was maybe a shade lighter).
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    ...white Chevrolet Caprice police car in Oaks, PA. It's the first time I've seen one in the wild.
    ...silver Dodge Challenger SRT8 and one of those huge gray Nissan vans based on the Titan at Cottman and Oxford Avenue in NE Philly.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I didn't get the memo about all black new cars this week
    edited March 2013
    Altima, X1, Fusion hybrid, rental Avalon, SWB A8
    rental Avalon

New style or old?

New style, likely a National/Alamo car.
    That didn't take long. I'm surprised. The 05+ style took a few years before appearing in fleets.

I think nowadays, sales are sales. 10 years ago, a Camry was rare in fleets too - now they are everywhere.

I didn't see many Avalon rentals til 2011 or so.
    neighbor just got a new truck. Dodge 2500 diesel. 4 door cab. Black with silver accents. Couldn't read the side badges to see what specific trim level but it looked loaded and fancy.

That is a big piece of iron.

Replaced an older vintage of the same thing, minus the rear doors.

Heck, I spotted a new VW Beetle in the Enterprise rental lot at Knorr and Rising Sun in NE Philly this morning.
    Yep, those are occasional rentals. I know a friend of mine got one last year. Jettas and Passats are common rentals too, and Tiguan/Touareg are not unknown.

Today's sightings - Altima non rental, another white Gran Coupe, Fusion.
  • boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,100
    Don't see too many but spotted one today. For some reason it looks smaller than the previous generation, at least the size of the rear doors - they look shorter. Maybe it's just the lines.

Looks decent, and I always liked the looks of the previous generation too, just hated the cheapo Cobalt interior.

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).