Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,515
    Saw a loaded looking non-rental trunkback Versa - wheels, spoiler, roof, etc. Some dealer is happy. Also a new red Altima rental at work, a normal Fusion, and a C-Max hybrid.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,013
    edited March 2013
    I thought I spotted a newish Versa hatch parked in front of one of the local bars yesterday; turned out to be a metallic gray Yaris as I drove by.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,108
    Saw a base one today. The sedan Versas are kinda ugly looking, disproportionate.

2007 BMW 328i Sports Pkg, 1993 Honda Accord EXR (my 33rd car).

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The 5 door looks so much better. The sedan is awkward.
    Yaris hatch is better looking than Versa sedan, anyway. Something just off about that specific trunkback. I have to imagine it has a huge fleet percentage.
    Yeah, speaking of fleets, at the Hyundai dealer I worked at, for every 1 Sonata we received for retail, there were about 3-4 that went to fleet.

Wait a few years and they'll be the next fleet GM cars of tomorrow selling for dirt cheap.

edited March 2013
    I guess it was overdo for an overhaul. The original Versa sedan made me think "Dacia".
    I can believe it. Check out any airport rental yard. Heck, first new style Optima I saw on the road was a rental. Those sweet leases must be as subsidized as the big Germans.
    And not in a good way.

Brazil is getting some of those cheap-sters, the Logan is sold there as a Renault. The appeal? They're mega cheap.
    Dacia Duster is becoming popular in western Europe - I almost want to like it, reminds me of cheaper off brand SUVS from 20-25 years ago, relative to the modern competition. But you can still buy a Lada Niva there too.
    I wrote Logan but I meant Duster.

They sell a bunch in Brazil. 40% cheaper than a Forester or a CR-V.

Given how bad the roads are it might not be a bad idea for someone on a budget.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,511
    Speaking of the Lada Niva, would you like to take one into space?
    I saw that, funny. Those are cool little rigs, although probably terrible to crash and not much better to drive.

Spotted a new style Range Rover today, and a maroon/burgundy Tesla sedan.
    One was on the highway, a pearl white one driving beside a 2010 or 2011 Accord. Funny enough the Accord seemed like it was as wide as the Caddy, almost the same size. I just checked the specs and the Accord is only 0.2 of an inch narrower so no surprise there but the Caddy seems like it is too narrow for such a large car, even though overall it's not a bad looking thing.

The other one I saw was a dealership car in black color I think on the highway as well.

Cadillac needed a newer flagship for a long time but not sure if this one will cut it.

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744
    Cadillac needed a newer flagship for a long time but not sure if this one will cut it.

It's not supposed to be the flagship. Cadillac plans on bringing out a proper RWD, 7/S/LS competitor shortly.

The XTS is a placeholder and will stick around for livery service.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    I love the XTS, but for some reason it seems smaller inside than my 12 Lacrosse which it is based on. I agree it's not a flagship sedan, but cushy FWD cars do sell (think Lexus ES). I bet they become a great value used.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Near the Krispy Kreme store in Gaithersburg, MD.

Owner should not eat too many donuts as it's a fairly compact sports sedan. ;)
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,120
    Wow! I can't wait! Hope they don't disappoint me!
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744
    It's going to be a large RWD sedan based on the Omega platform. Look for it for the 2015 model year.