Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• berriberri Posts: 4,004

I was getting an oil change today and the Toyota dealer had new '14 Highlander on the floor. It had just come in. They didn't have any brochures. This one was a grey Limited which included things like cooled seats and blind spot detection for a list of around $42K. To me, it's front end is kind of in your face and the new dash with the long tray is a step down from last years model. It just seemed a bit chintzier, but that's been true of a lot of vehicles over the past few years. However, it seems like a deal because the Explorer's and Lambda's I've seen with these features seemed to be a good 10% higher on the sticker.

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,910

Saw an RLX today, might be up to a half dozen sales now.

• @fintail said: Saw an RLX today, might be up to a half dozen sales now.

I hear it is a fantastic handling car though.

• texasestexases Posts: 5,424
    edited December 2013

@MrShift@Edmunds said: I hear it is a fantastic handling car though.

I may have seen one RLX, and I live 2 miles from an Acura dealer...

• I think it's one of those cars that is difficult to market properly.

@fintail said: Saw an RLX today, might be up to a half dozen sales now.

I hear it is a fantastic handling car though.

Definitely a design issue above all else. 4:3 scale Accord priced just below a 5er/E/A6/GS - good luck with that. Will be a good used buy, like the prior RL.

@MrShift@Edmunds said: I think it's one of those cars that is difficult to market properly.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,585

in the wild.

a new Jeep Cherokee. Looked OK from behind, though quite a bit like the first iteration of the Subaru Tribeca. Did not see the front as I was behind it briefly.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,394

New Encore, not particularly attractive but perhaps less generic looking than most CUVs. It's a whole bunch smaller than an Enclave even if it has a name that's just as dumb. :o

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,071

Spotted one of those weird Nissan Murano convertibles on Rhawn near Palmetto in NE Philly.

• PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808

@lemko said: Spotted one of those weird Nissan Murano convertibles on Rhawn near Palmetto in NE Philly.

Like most convertibles, I like the look of it much better with the top down. (not that you can really do that much in NE Philly in Dec:) )

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023

@PFFlyer@Edmunds said: Like most convertibles, I like the look of it much better with the top down. (not that you can really do that much in NE Philly in Dec:) )

This weekend that may be a possibility! They are calling for 70 on Sunday. It's crazy.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Snapping cold right behind that so don't leave the top down too long!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    edited December 2013

Caprice Interceptors.... 5 of them convoy style on RT70 in Cherry Hill appeared to be a delivery to some municipality (all were dealer plated). I bet a retired one wouldn't be a bad DD.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Saw a CLA, A7, and Allroad on a transporter today.

Went to the car wash operated by the dealer group where I bought my car (nice perk), saw a couple of CLA there, and an oddity - 2014 E250 Bluetec luxury trim with pano, pearl white. Little old lady driving it, who had the headrests up way too high. Stopped by the dealer to get my tires aired up, as my gauge died. Saw a new S-class waiting in the back. Saw another new S-class on the road near home.

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,071

Spotted a really nice black Mercedes E-Class wagon on Terwood Road in Huntingdon Valley outside of Philly.

Just a few minutes ago, another new S-class drove by my window - looks like the market is accepting the car, and some people are doing pretty well.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,585

first in the wild that I remember, a new Santa Fe (the "big" 3 row model).

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

Saw a new Range Rover and a GL63 this morning.

Once I get out of the house today, I'm CERTAIN I'll see some folks who got new rides for Christmas. It always seems to happen right around this time of year :)

PFFlyer@Edmunds