Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,196
    ...I saw an unusual green Saab 9-3 Aero convertible.
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    2005 Dodge Magnum SXT, 2004.5 Volvo S40, 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, and also seen a lot of 2005 Chrysler 300's.
  • jaserbjaserb Posts: 858
    Isuzu really thinks they can survive selling just these things? I know it's basically a Trailblazer but darned if they didn't beat on it with an ugly stick before they were ready to call it an Isuzu. The Rodeo wasn't much but at least it was good looking, as SUVs go.

-Jason
    I personally like the Isuzu Ascender better than the GMC Envoy and maybe the Chevrolet Trailblazer, and the Buick Rainier, but not the 2005 Saab 9-7X.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,685
    all of a sudden, the littlest Scions are everywhere around here. Until recently I was seeing the xB now and then but hardly any xAs but that's changed in the last couple of weeks. Somebody on my road just got one. It sits in a driveway full of American iron.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• vikdvikd Posts: 187
    ...Dodge Magnum in Cool Vanilla yesterday during lunch. I think the veh has quite an imposing presence. My neighbor had an interesting way of describing it; says it looks like a slightly sleeker, sectioned Hurse for short people... Thought that was pretty clever and I can actually see some comparison...

Regards... Vikd
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,050
    how long they've been out now, but I saw my first VW New Beetle 'vert the other day. I think I saw the same one again today, because there's no way in hell there would be that many of them in THAT color! It was kind of a putty/beige color with a black top. My old '69 Dart GT hardtop was a color close to that, but had enough chrome on it to set it off better. I think some colors SHOULD just stay in the past!
  • ghuletghulet Posts: 2,628
    Funny, I saw one the other day the same color, I really liked it....of course, the only other new Beetle converts I've seen were a metallic pumpkiny orange, which I also like, so what do I know? The black top and kind of chromey wheels on the vanilla color really set it off.
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Posts: 518
    I saw 2 Scion xBs today. People around here (northern NJ) seem to be using them as commuter cars, not customizing them like the CA buyers. I have yet to see one with any obvious aftermarket parts.

I'm also seeing a lot of Cadillac SRXs and, for some reason, Chevy Impalas around here lately. However, the new Chrysler 300 doesn't seem to be that popular in this area. When I was in PA a month ago, I was seeing quite a few of them, but not here.

-Andrew L
    actually, if we were going for ice-cream colors, I'd say this one was more of a light caramel! I just looked at the VW colors on the Edmund's listing, and while the colors there are going to vary from monitor to monitor, I guess, I'd imagine it's what they call "Harvest Moon Beige". They have another color listed as simply "Cream", so maybe that's the vanilla-looking color? There's a color called "Sundown Orange", which might be that pumpkin color. I think it's kinda cool too, and would probably look cool on something retro like a Beetle!
    Yesterday i saw a Scion xB it had bodykits and it looked awesome!! Also yesterday i saw the Chrysler 300 (base package) in like the vanilla color i think it looked really really bad cuz that color does NOT goes ith that car.
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    I;m seeing so many of them. I went to Virgina last weekend and saw about 10 of them. Today I went around New Jersey with my Dad. My Dad told me today 300C's sell to rental fleets. I told him I read that Chrysler is offering very little incentives on 300C's. I saw 2 Chrysler 300C's both with new car tags on them today. I saw a few more 300C's than those 2 I saw today to. I'm like this car is hot and its a Chrysler. Its been a long time since I;ve seen a Chrysler sought after like this.

Also saw alot of Mazda 6 station wagons on my trip to Virgina last weekend(I wonder if Mazda is selling them to rental's or people are buying them as a low budget alternative to an SUV.)

Also seen alot of Mazda 3's(this car may not be as hot as the 300C but its close.) I am a huge Mazda fan and I haven't seen people go crazy over a Mazda product like this ever. I;m like this car is hot but its a Mazda. Usually don't crazy over buying Mazda. People are going crazy over the 3 though.

I guess Andre 1969 should be thrilled at the the way the new Durango and 300C are selling. I think its Chrysler finally is doing something right.
    Yesterday i saw my first 2005 Subaru Outback in silver it looked very nice! also seen lots of xB's and a couple of xA's.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    New A8L in Danville on Saturday.

I like it. A whole lot. Too big for my personal tastes, but if you feel the need to do the big sedan, this is the one to do, IMO.
  • seminole_kevseminole_kev Posts: 1,722
    one of the largest, non-limo backseats I've ever sat in. Back seat is huge (hmmm, not enough effect.) How about HUUUUUUGE! There, that's better.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    The interior is a mind blower, Kev. The one I saw was green with a brown leather interior offset with this beautiful orangey burl trimmed in black. I wanted to live in there! A man's interior if ever I saw one. Just needed a few leather-bound volumes of Kipling, a brandy decanter, maybe a billiard table...
    ;-)
    I was in VA/MD/DC for a week and I was astounded to see the number of 300s since they've just come out. I think it'll habdily outsell both
    LHS and 300M.

I saw a brand new Audi A8L today. Dark blue. Nice looking. First one I've actually seen on the road.
    and although I've been spotting a few new Chrysler 300's around town, I saw one yesterday in a reallllly dark red color that I didn't realize they made. Looked like black cherry or something along those lines. Didn't look bad, but not a color I'd buy.
    2005 Toyota Corolla
    2005 Jeep Liberty
    I saw a silver one @ dealer and another in dark olive green (nice color!) in a parking lot.

Is it just me or does the Masgnum look smaller than it is while the 300/300C looks bigger than it is?

Also saw a Chrysler 300 base package in black, this color looks great on this car@!
  • ghuletghulet Posts: 2,628
    ....are black or charcoal gray, too! Today I saw my first Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (the new LWB model).
    I don't think it's just you...I see the same thing when it comes to size perception. I haven't seen a Magnum in person yet, but I do think the 300/300C look bigger than they really are. Truth be told, they're only about the size of a Taurus or Century, and a bit shorter overall than a LeSabre, Impala, or Intrepid, but they just have that massive, hulking look.

I'm still impressed that, as tall as the cars are, IMO at least, they hide it very well. You'd think a relatively stubby car with a high beltline and smallish windows would look really top-heavy and tipsy, but I don't think they do at all.

I think most of the 300's I've seen so far have been silver! I saw two Magnesium ones though at a dealership in Carlisle PA over the weekend. I'm definitely in lust with them!
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,196
    ...a new red Pontiac GTO travelling south on Rte 1 in Langhorne, PA.
    glad you mentioned that! I had forgotten that yesterday I saw my first new GTO out on the road. Nice dark blue. Barely even noticed it was anything special. I almost missed the fact it was a GTO, which as a car guy says a lot I think about how bland the styling of that car is.
    It's what the French call trompe l'oeil. The high-beltline/squashed roofline makes the car look shorter than it is
    but somehow the high-waisted Magnum comes off smaller than it is.

That severe taper to the Magnum's roof line n the back takes away a lot of storage space. I have the same thing on my A4 to a lesser degree and it's noticeably smaller in back than the similar Passat.
    It's for sure there won't be any third row seating in the back of the Magnum.

Still haven't seen any Goats in these parts. I even swung by a dealership.

I did see a silver CTS-V in front of a dealership, I kinda liked it.

Silver is by far the most common color for the 300/330C but I don't think it's the best, I'm partial to Cool Vanilla. I'm surprised I haven't seen any blues or reds.

As far as the new 300's go, I've seen:

Silver (looked good)
    Black (looked great)
    Dark blue (looked great)
    White (don't like)
    Dark, Dark red (didn't look bad, but just don't like the color)
  • I saw 3 Ford Escape Hybrid's with Michigan manufacturer plates traveling through Pittsburgh, PA yesterday. I was pacing one through the Squirl Hill tunnels and there was no noise from the engine. Must have had the ICE off.
    or it had stalled ;-)