Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Canada

Comments

• Has anyone had problems with there automatic transmission on Mazda3s (2004)?
    Mine has started to shift hard between 1 & 2 gear and I called the dealer today to set up a apointment and they mentioned "Shift Shock".
  • The dealer has to reflash (reprogram) the computer of the car. The shock should disappear. I had mine done few months ago.
  • "Thanks"......So everything is fine with your shifting now?
  • yes, it's very smooth now from 1st to 2nd gear.
  • Took mine into the dealer today and they said they have had code problems with Shift Shock on Mazda6s but none on the 3s.
    They said that they will contact Mazda Canada to see if theirs a TSB on this and they will get back to me! Was told I will need to bring the car in for a overnight visit so it can be set up on computer in the morning when cold.

Do you have a TSB on Shift Shock so I can show them this and for them to know I'm doing my "Homework"?
    Thanks.
  • Your dealer must be living under the rock for a long time. A lot of people have done this before. It's z71bill in this forum told me about this reflash in Dec/05.

I don't have the TSB. The following is the work order regarding the reflash I done on Dec. 7/05:

Cust report shift shock from 1 to 2 gear
    Cause: 9W
    F0010XFX Reflash PCM
    643 WP 0.30
    FC: 6X Part #: Count:
    Tech identified new calibration update avail. performed PCM reflash.

You can show this to your dealer. I did not leave my car overnight to do this. I could get back the car within the same morning.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    So..what's the verdict on these 2 issues? Are they limited to pre-'06 Mz3? It appears there is at least a fix for the shift shock. How about the A/C? Has that been cured for '06+? There are some pretty attractive lease deals out there, especially for the Sport, but I won't live with weak A/C (been there, done that with a '90 Civic, and a '97 CR-V).
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    How about the A/C? ... I won't live with weak A/C

Wouldn't a test drive answer this question? Ask here and you'll likely hear a variety of responses; only you know whether it meets your criteria. Have fun test driving! :D
  • nifty56nifty56 Posts: 279
    Testing the A/C this time of year might not answer your question. The test should be done on a very hot sunny day, hi humidity, in stop and go traffic. Make sure the cabin is sun soaked, turn the A/C on and see how long it takes to cool the interior. Check the A/C issue on this forum...
    As nifty pointed out, it's not always easy or convenient to line up a long enough test drive under just the ideal conditions to test the A/C. So, again I ask, is there anecdotal, or documented, information that Mazda has rectified the A/C issue in post-'06 Mz3?
  • nifty56nifty56 Posts: 279
    As someone has already mentioned some say their A/C in their 06 is good and some say it is weak. Some with the auto A/C works better than the cars with mannual and the other way around. It's a tough call..I have a 05 and the A/C is weak, highway driving it's great, in stop and go it truely sucks. Someone mentioned that the A/C part numbers are the same from 04 to 06 so maybe nothing has changed. You may want to confirm this through your local Mazda parts department..
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • lucoluco Posts: 4
    I just signed the lease for a 2007 GS auto base option in a Montreal dealership:

MSRP: 19,995
    Auto: 1,000
    Freight: 1,225
    Extra color: 105

Total: 22,325

Discount: -925
    Grad discount: -500 (tax incl)

Free option: nothing. :(

5.9% for 48 months lease with 0% down for $327/m (tax incl).

I have to pay the air tax, tire tax, processing fee = $180, and the first month payment 327 on the delivery day.

I am completely new to car leasing, so here are my questions:

1) The buyback value of the car is 10,995 for the 25K km limit per year. Do I have to pay tax on it if I want to keep the car after 4 years? (yea I know, a dumb question)

2) I drive 50KM (round) to work everyday, do I need the extra 5K per year for $10/m?

3) Do I need the extended warranty for $10/m, or the wear-care for $18/m?

4) The dealer didn't agree to guarantee the mileage <50 km on the delivery. Is it reasonable?

The last question, is it a good deal?

Thanks.
    1) I was looking at the Mazda3 lease deals in Vancouver. I was looking at a 36K km lease, with low annual km option. The residual was around 61%, which is pretty good. Your residual for a higher annual km, 48-month lease is still around 50%, so that's pretty darn good.

Yes, if you buy the car after the lease, you pay sales tax and GST on the buyout price.

2) You already have a 25K km lease. Your work mileage is around 14K km. How much do you drive for pleasure. Only you would know whether you need to buy extra km allowance.

3) No and No. I wouldn't anyway.

4) If the mileage is less than 50km upon delivery, then I wouldn't fret too much. If it is more, don't take delivery. So check it before signing on the dotted line. (Where is he getting the car from? Another dealer?)

Overall, I think it's a decent lease deal. The lease rate could be lower, but....it is what it is!

BTW, which model are you looking at? The sedan or the hatch? I think the hatch has better lease deals. Also, I think their shorter term leases offer lower lease rates. Check it out on their website.
    I agree with your points. It seems like a decent deal.

I prefer purchasing rather than leasing. Mazda Canada has had some very interesting purchase financing options, like 0% for 24 months. I bought my Protege5 at 1.9% for 36 months; the cost of borrowing (COB) was under $500. In effect, the interest paid is part of the final price of the car and so it's worthwhile getting the lowest rate possible.
    I agree purchasing makes more financial sense. However, I'm looking for a car for my daughter and son to share. And being new drivers, I'm fairly confident they would get into a couple of accidents, which would kill resale value if we were to buy. :cry:
    It is a 4dr sedan.

Yes, I agree that financing makes more money sense. However, this will be my first long term owned car and I guess I might get some scratches or dents... and I have been a bit unsure of the quality of Mazda, being told by some friends of sad stories of Mazda owners.

I have a question about the payment. The total payment should be:

Price: 21,400- 438(500 grad discount)= 20,962

buy back value: 10,955

so the lease cost should be (20,962-10,955)= 10,007

Should the lease payment be 10,007*1.15/ 48 and factored the 5.9% in. I know it's more complicated than this due to the interest and monthly payment. However, should it be like that?

The final price for the car if I use the buyout later:

327*48=15,696
    10,955*1.15=12,598
    sum: 28,294

If I buy now: 24,106. It's 4,000 difference...
    Yeah, I think, basically, that's how it works.
  • Why are you getting a Mazda if you are "a bit unsure of the quality of Mazda"? That's a lot of money to throw at something you don't have much confidence in.
    I think that's why he's leasing, not buying.
  • Either way, whether you purchase or lease, what's the point of throwing money at a car you aren't confident in? Why not look for another car?
    Probably because the positives outweigh any concern over reliability. That's why the German brands still thrive despite their less-than-stellar reliability records.
    Well, I dont' wanna take civic for its outrageous insurance cost and incredible stolen rate in the area I live; no corolla for the access-toyota policy running at Quebec, no nissan for the car is really small, then comes to the Mazda3, one of the hottest car recently. I guess I will give it a try, since I am not a fan of domestic compact cars anyway.
  • Hi,

Sorry to ask a question that's probably been answered somewhere on this site, but I've spent an hour looking with no luck.
    Does anyone know the invoice price for a MZ3 hatchback GT for a 2007 or a 2006?

I'm going to post on the Pricing forum as well, but it seems like it's only US prices there... and I'm in Calgary.

Thanks!
    Canadian invoice prices are less easy to find than those of the US. To get a rough idea try adjusting the US price by adding 12% as the exchange rate. The US and Canadian models are comparable but not always the same.
  • Okay. Thanks!
    Actually you may find that Canadian prices are more than 12% higher than US prices. Manufacturers have not adjusted their Canadian prices to reflect the more favourable Can/US exchange rates. :mad: You need to subscribe to Carcostcanada.com to get dealer invoice prices. I'm not sure about 2007 prices, but for previous model years, there wasn't a big spread between MSRP and invoice. I'm not 100% positive, but I think the spread was less than $2K.
    You need to subscribe to Carcostcanada.com to get dealer invoice prices.

Did you subscribe? There are others that provide a similar service for a fee including APA (Automobile Protection Association).
    Yes, I have subscribed to Carcostcanada. But it's not an unlimited subscription in that you can look up the invoice cost for an unlimited number of models. Essentially you pay for each model you look up. You can pay piece-meal or you can buy a package.
  • Hello happy mazda 3 owners. I am thinking of buying mazda3 2.0L with manual tranny and from some reviews I know that driving mazda at 110 km/h and over engine revs are pretty high. What can you tell about engine noise at that speed and road noise. How you'd compare it with other cars.
    Thanks for your feedback. Enjoy your cars.