Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Canada

Comments

• Here in Edmonton, AB, at least one of the local Mazda dealers received some 2007 sedans in addition to the hatchbacks. They had a GS and a bright GT model. The blue is slightly darker than last year's "Winning Blue" mica...Still looks beautiful! I still prefer last year's wheels but the new ones are growing on me. Some other points:

1) Mp3/Aux in. I kept looking for the Aux in on the stereo itself, as that seems to be the most common location on other makes. The Aux-in is actually located in the bottom of the centre console box, beside the additional accessory power outlet. There's a pass-thru slot so you can place your mp3 player in the upper portion of the centre console. Nice arrangement to keep the player hidden. The dealer also talked about the iPod specific adapter. Sounds like that one will go in the empty portion of the stereo (where the optional cassette deck would go) and will have controls for the ipod from there.

2) The rear lights on the GX and GS models are the same as last year's GT models. Clear with amber turning signals. YAY! The GT model gets LED lights. The rear lights are slightly redesigned in shape as well; they stick out a little more like the rear lights on the Mazda 6--nowhere near as much as that one fortunately.

3) There's a recessed portion on the liftback for the trunk, so it's easier to lift it up.

4) Generally, just a nicer looking interior IMO. Yes, there's a rear-seat armrest.

5) The sunroof is now a standalone option on the GT. Yay! (I guess)

6) The fog lights are now rectangular instead of circular.

Here's hoping they'll have another touring edition a few months from now. :-)
  • ex_tdierex_tdier Posts: 273
    In the next few months, the 07's from the partially overturned freighter in Alaska should be making it's way to the dealers, after they have been reconditioned...
  • v_dv_d Posts: 89
    bad news...
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    What happened to that freighter and the cars on it? Last I knew, it was still on its side in the ocean and the fate of the cars was unknown.
    they probably managed to turn the freighter around (they did it before) and "on it`s feet". If they did that, then I`m sure Mazda recalled all the cars for recondition due to the fact that is cheaper to recon. than to build new cars (5000 of them). Some of the cars were supposed to get to dealers in the Mid-west and Gulf regions. That doesn`t mean the salvaged autos will do the same though.

Regards.

VD
  • The status of the ship itself is here:

http://www.dec.state.ak.us/spar/perp/response/sum_fy07/060728201/060728201_index- .htm

If they are reconditioned, I wonder if they'd have to be advertised as such....Mazda 3 Alaska Edition with bonus flippers and goggles! :-)
    You'd think it could be a potential legal mindfield if they weren't. And would the manufacture date be changed? If not, you could avoid any '07 models built summer 2006 if you're concerned.
    where did I heard about the 3 Alaska Edition?
    Though they made it look like something "special" ;), and well... it is.
  • http://tinyurl.com/q86fs

"The Cougar Ace's cargo of 4,700 Mazda vehicles will likely be unsalvageable, as CargoLaw.com is reporting "most decks suffered vehicle damage and all vehicles must be re-secured"."
  • ...has now been updated to show the 2007 Mazda 3 specs, etc.

www.mazda.ca
  • http://media.ford.com/mazda/article_display.cfm?article_id=24253&make_id=227

NO MAZDA VEHICLES ON CAR-CARRYING VESSEL COUGAR ACE WILL BE SOLD AS NEW

Irvine, California - Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) has announced that Mazda vehicles aboard the Cougar Ace ship, which ran into trouble on July 23, 2006 off the Alaskan coast and listed over 60 degrees, will not be sold as new vehicles.

"While we do not, at this time, know the full extent of the damage to vehicles on board, none of the Mazdas will be sold as new," said Jim O'Sullivan, president and CEO of MNAO. "It is possible that those vehicles which are undamaged or repairable will be made available for sale as used cars through Mazda's dealer network in the U.S. and Canada. We will only be in a position to decide on any used car sales once the vessel has been unloaded and each unit comprehensively inspected. Those beyond repair will be immediately scrapped."

The company says that in the interest of transparency and customer peace of mind, it will post the vehicle identification numbers (VINs) of vehicles destined for sale on its consumer Web sites, at www.mazda.ca and www.MazdaUSA.com, to avoid any confusion as to which vehicles were on the ship. Slightly more than half the cars involved are Mazda3s, and about one-quarter are CX-7s. The vehicles were headed to the ports of Vancouver, and to Tacoma and Hueneme in the U.S.

The Cougar Ace sailed from Japan to North America with just over 4,700 Mazda vehicles aboard; an issue during a routine ballast-water change caused her to list. All 23 crew members were rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard.
  • Has anyone had problems with there automatic transmission on Mazda3s (2004)?
    Mine has started to shift hard between 1 & 2 gear and I called the dealer today to set up a apointment and they mentioned "Shift Shock".
  • The dealer has to reflash (reprogram) the computer of the car. The shock should disappear. I had mine done few months ago.
  • "Thanks"......So everything is fine with your shifting now?
  • yes, it's very smooth now from 1st to 2nd gear.
  • Took mine into the dealer today and they said they have had code problems with Shift Shock on Mazda6s but none on the 3s.
    They said that they will contact Mazda Canada to see if theirs a TSB on this and they will get back to me! Was told I will need to bring the car in for a overnight visit so it can be set up on computer in the morning when cold.

Do you have a TSB on Shift Shock so I can show them this and for them to know I'm doing my "Homework"?
    Thanks.
  • Your dealer must be living under the rock for a long time. A lot of people have done this before. It's z71bill in this forum told me about this reflash in Dec/05.

I don't have the TSB. The following is the work order regarding the reflash I done on Dec. 7/05:

Cust report shift shock from 1 to 2 gear
    Cause: 9W
    F0010XFX Reflash PCM
    643 WP 0.30
    FC: 6X Part #: Count:
    Tech identified new calibration update avail. performed PCM reflash.

You can show this to your dealer. I did not leave my car overnight to do this. I could get back the car within the same morning.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    So..what's the verdict on these 2 issues? Are they limited to pre-'06 Mz3? It appears there is at least a fix for the shift shock. How about the A/C? Has that been cured for '06+? There are some pretty attractive lease deals out there, especially for the Sport, but I won't live with weak A/C (been there, done that with a '90 Civic, and a '97 CR-V).
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    How about the A/C? ... I won't live with weak A/C

Wouldn't a test drive answer this question? Ask here and you'll likely hear a variety of responses; only you know whether it meets your criteria. Have fun test driving! :D
  • nifty56nifty56 Posts: 279
    Testing the A/C this time of year might not answer your question. The test should be done on a very hot sunny day, hi humidity, in stop and go traffic. Make sure the cabin is sun soaked, turn the A/C on and see how long it takes to cool the interior. Check the A/C issue on this forum...
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    As nifty pointed out, it's not always easy or convenient to line up a long enough test drive under just the ideal conditions to test the A/C. So, again I ask, is there anecdotal, or documented, information that Mazda has rectified the A/C issue in post-'06 Mz3?