Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Infiniti G35

zoomer1zoomer1 Posts: 42
edited March 21 in Infiniti
Anyone have any ideas about updates, upgrades, and changes to the G35 for 2005 MY. I am curious about the changes to the dimensions of the car as well changes to the drivertrain and to the interior....anyone?

Comments

• chrisbothchrisboth Posts: 493
    Only thing to change will be interior
  • jrock65jrock65 Posts: 1,371
    And the aero kit (but not the exact same one that's an option right now) will be standard as well on both the coupe and sedan.

So no more black underbody moldings on the sedan. It will be color coded.

At least this is what I hear.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Yup, that's all I know too.
  • prattsterprattster Posts: 59
    There's going to be a power bump from 280 to 300hp on the coupes I'm told also. The sedans should also get the bump and some new colors.
  • mbednorzmbednorz Posts: 63
    Infiniti has listed the 2005 G35 to be shown at the New York Auto Show next week. Lots of people waiting with bated breath to see what the rumored new interior will look like.

If that rumor about all '05 coupes having aero is true, then I'm the proud owner of a rare, non-aero, collectible classic G35 coupe! Woo Hoo!
    I thought they delayed the intro of 05 past the NY show??
  • jayivyjayivy Posts: 19
    Any idea of what the price increase will be??
    I also heard that they won't show the 2005 G at the NYAS.
  • steven2steven2 Posts: 37
    This is the one of the few Infinitis that are actually competing, and they need to do whatever they do to keep pace with the 3-series. Interior and horsepower sound good- how about adding yellow to the color line?
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    I test drove a G35 coupe, loved the driving, hated the inside. The "aluma-look" pastic doesnt look or feel even remotely aluminum. If they can add some real flash to the inside, it could be an excellent car. Also, can somebody tell Infiniti that orange gauges look terrible?
    My guess is they will hold back on HP increases to follow the BMW intro of the 3/4.
  • zoomer1zoomer1 Posts: 42
    Has anyone been to the NYAS and seen the 2005 G35? If so, is the interior any better and are there changes to the dimensions and the power train? On a separate topic, Acura introducing the RL AWD looks nice (not great but nice) but the AWD function really is interesting. I guess we have competition to the Nissan ATTESA!
  • tglynntglynn Posts: 2
    Infinity wasn't showing the 2005 G35 at the NYAS and the Infinity reps were very closemouthed and a little testy about what the interior changes ("if any" if you believe it) would be.
  • Can we assume that it is unlikely that new models will be ready for September? (My interest is a 6-speed sedan, BTW -- trying to decide whether to order a 2004 or wait for 2005).
    Reliable sources say that it will be refreshed in September, even though they didn't show it at the NYIAS.
    Just imagine if there's a v-8 option in 05!
    nope...no V8...
  • "Rumor has both the coupe and sedan each seeing a 20-horsepower increase, along with revised interiors, added features, and new wheels."

This would be awesome, to get 20 more horses on the sedan, Infiniti is following the familiar trend: up the horsepower = up the sales.
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    From a semi-official source, I've been told there will be no horsepower increase for any of the 2005 G35 models. However, there may be a 2005.5 6MT (Coupe and sedan) that will produce 300HP. It's pretty much cetain that the interiors of the 2005's will be upgraded from the 2004 models.
    I think you'll like the new interiors... ;-)
    rctennis,

Have you seen the new interiors?
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 15,094
    that would be the next M45, aka the "supersized" G.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

Yes I have seen PREPRODUCTION pictures, fortunately. I was going to give out the pictures, but "the big guys" wouldn't let me...go figure.
  • bachfirebachfire Posts: 19
    When you saw the picture of the new '05 interiors, did you happen to notice if they have finally added a driver's seat memory feature to the Coupe?
    Sorry, I didn't. The pictures weren't very high in resolution. They were fairly small and grainy.
  • kfhmailkfhmail Posts: 199
    Has anyone "heard or seen pictures" of any changes to the front grill on the 2005 sedan?

IMO the front grill definitely needs changing...
  • maxj1961maxj1961 Posts: 4
    When will the 2005s reach dealerships?
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    There are no front grille changes. Last year the 2004 models started showing p in august so I guess it will be the same for 2005. Infiniti tend to be later with their new model year cars than most makes.
  • bryannbryann Posts: 54
    are they going to move the seat controls from the top side of the seat to the bottom side where most controls are so we don't sit on them? comfort is a big issue with me and was wondering. thanks.
  • dg725dg725 Posts: 5
    I contacted Infiniti customer service in April and inquired as to whether the 2005 G35x would be available with a 6 spd manual transmission and was told that there were no plans to make it available. Too bad. I want to buy a sport sedan with a manual transmission and am concerned about the G35's handling in the winter in the northeast. I am also considering an Acura TL, but prefer the handling of the G35 (in the summer) as it is rear wheel drive. The G35x would be perfect if it was available in MT, as it is rear wheel drive except when all wheel drive is needed. Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.