Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,047
    My comments were meant as a compliment to the BMW dealership and a prediction that a common or at least a more common user interface will ultimately surface.
  • rich545rich545 Posts: 386
    You're honestly saying you think you know what drivers of other cars are thinking when they look at your's??? I honestly think you may WANT BMW or Mercedes drivers to have "envy or hidden admiration" for your S4, but that doesn't mean we do. I think it's a nice car, and I would probably look at it just to figure out if I really liked it or not. Hell, people look at my car all the time and I have no idea what they are thinking. Some are probably thinking, "What a hot car" while others are probably thinking, "I hate the new 5" while still others looking at it might be thinking, "I wonder what my wife is cooking for dinner." It's great that you love your car. I wouldn't think you would need the envy or admiration from BMW or Mercedes drivers to justify that. Frankly, I could care less what Mercedes or Audi drivers think about mine (or any other drivers for that matter).
  • richcreamrichcream Posts: 205
    "I just thought it was a lot more expensive price to pay for the exact same engine that one can buy in the G35 for a whole lot less. At least the new A6 has some new technology to it, like the FSI injection and all the tech gadgets..."

Isn't buying the A6, then, just paying a higher price for the same engine in the A4? Obviously, you are getting a lot more car for the money (A6 over A4, M over G).

"Also, if you don't look closely, the M35 doesn' t really look all that much different from the outside than a G35 sedan...especially from the front (grille)."

I would say that the A4 and the A6 share at least as many styling cues as the G and the M do. Grille especially.
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    I don't get it. How do you determine someone has a look of "hidden admiration." Must be an ESP thing I guess.
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    "Isn't buying the A6, then, just paying a higher price for the same engine in the A4? Obviously, you are getting a lot more car for the money (A6 over A4, M over G)."

Agreed. If engine sharing across model lines was a crime, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, MB, BMW, Audi, Cadillac, and Jaguar would ALL have to be thrown in jail.
  • jjacurajjacura Posts: 808
    " Frankly, I could care less what Mercedes or Audi drivers think about mine (or any other drivers for that matter). "

Rich...If your neighbor stops you in the driveway and infers your car is a :lemon: . You wouldn't care?
  • cmybimmergocmybimmergo Posts: 265
    jjacura, I know you weren't asking me this, but honestly, do you really run your life based on what the neighbors think? I could not care less what anyone thinks of my car...or any other aspect of my life. I buy a car for what it does for ME. If you don't like it, that's YOUR problem. And if my neighbor were to walk up to me and imply that my car is a lemon, well, I barely have time for boors like that, so why on earth would I care?
  • warthogwarthog Posts: 216
    cmybimmergo wrote: "I could not care less what anyone thinks of my car...or any other aspect of my life. I buy a car for what it does for ME."

Your moniker implies otherwise.
  • rich545rich545 Posts: 386
    I sincerly doubt that would happen, but if it did I would care only in the sense that I'd be bummed out to have such a jerk for a neighbor. Hell, my best friend happens to hate the new BMW designs, and makes no secret about it. If I don't care what my best friend thinks about my car why would I care about what some neighbor thinks about it? The funny thing is, my neighbor on one side has a 330i convertible and the ones on the other side have a 645i coupe and the new 530i. The people across the street have TWO 645's, one a convertible the other a coupe. So what you're suggesting ain't too likely to happen here!
    Hmm, I wonder what's for dinner?
  • chef_jmrchef_jmr Posts: 41
    I almost closed a deal on a GS 430 lease but divine providence guided my eyes to the small print in the GS brochure. Must replace brake pads at 20,000 miles or less. Must replace 18" run flats at 15,000 miles or less. Those tires cost around $300 or so. For a 3 year lease that's at least $2400 and quite possibly $3600.
    No thanks.
    Sorry to interrupt all the venom spewing. ;)
  • cstilescstiles Posts: 465
    Yah, but are your neighbors Republicans or Democrats????? :P

And what's their take on i-Drive????????? :surprise:

This week on The Twilight Zone......"Fred Smith woke up this morning in a stupor, only to realize that EVERYONE on his street owned a high end BMW. Inexplicably, just yesterday they all owned beige-colored Yugos.....Parental Discretion Advised" ;)
    I recently spoke to a lady who owns a 2004 BMW 530i. I asked her if she had any trouble with the iDrive. She said to me, "What's that?"
    I went to the grand unveiling of the new BMW 3 series yesterday at the local BMW store (one of two in our fair city).

I was "pretty much" impressed with the new 330i -- (and with the availability of a stick and a lot of "high zoot" stuff that one normally associates with the LPS cars and the fact that the new 3 "seems" bigger than the old one, well this car might deserve an honorable mention here in LPS land -- and it sure is better looking than the "5" IMHO.)

I wonder if my neighbors would even care, though?

I haven't driven the new 3 but sitting behind the wheel of one just parked there, I think BMW may have made a very smart move in not Bang-l-izing this little dude too much.

Anyone on this fine town hall driven the new 330 yet?
    Nah. Just means I have a fast car that I like to drive (fast).
    jjacura, I hope you didn't think I meant you personally when I said if you don't like it, that's YOUR problem. That was a generic your, meaning if someone doesn't like my car, that's his problem, not mine.
  • Why would you take the time to read anything on this board if you do not care what others think of your vehicles? They obviously mean nothing to you. Why would you subject everybody else to your opinions on this board if you do not want them to see your point of view??????

If your really don't care, then don't comment, and let the rest of us have fun discussing our views and opinions. That is the whole idea of the message board.
  • warthogwarthog Posts: 216
    I think you miss the point. One can learn facts from others. One can also learn opinions from others and make what one wishes from them. That's different from changing one's opinion or choice of purchase to suit other folks' views.
  • chef_jmrchef_jmr Posts: 41
    Salty mashed potatoes... ditto warthog's response.

I saw a 5-series today on the road, and all I thought about was how hot the blond lady was driving it. I don't think she cared.