Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    BMW's use synthetic oil.
    Oil changes are at around 12,000 miles.
  • jjacurajjacura Posts: 808
    I really am enjoying the RL a lot...it will be a year old on Saturday. For us it was a leap at the beginning and I remember coming into the Edmunds RL forum about 18 months ago to read opinions from some really interesting enthusiasts of all kinds about the new RL, including some of the people that we continue to read in the LPS forum. This particular car has been a pleasure to own and just about flawless. When you get excited about the car you own and can't wait to climb into it then what other car desires do you need. I continue to enjoy reading the posts though...very good stuff here. Probably more honest than you find in the Mags.
  • I started reading about the new RL on these boards over two years ago after I first heard about the complete redesign. At that time, I had a 99 RL which I liked, but it was a little boring, though paid for. The more I read about the new RL, the more excited I got. When I heard it was going to be at the New York auto show in April 2004, I drove up to see it. I thought then, and I still do, that it was absolutely stunning. I drove back to DC and went right to my dealership to put a deposit on it. I was the first one out the door with it Oct 14, 2004, so mine is a little over a year old. There have been a couple of minor problems, but all have been fixed. It's a dream to drive and I wouldn't trade it for any of the other cars on this board.
  • Now this is a post I can really appreciate. More than many, this post makes me want to test the RL.

To underscore the theme, my 6 month old A6 has also been a joy and other than the pushbutton starter replacements, has been a dream to drive and own.

Unlike nebraskabuy however, I could be persuaded to trade my A6 for perhaps the M35X or a 530xi (stick only), an STS AWD and of course the RL.

I would have to revisit the Mercedes E 4Matic to determine if it would be placed on my list -- but I suspect it would merit another look see, too.

Got my winter floor mats, today and a new set of wiper blades (no charge) -- while I was at the dealer they put my new plates on Audi32 -- but I saw a 4.2 Sline while I was there and the wheels alone make the car look soooo good.

What a great time to own or be in the market for an LPS car!
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Retro Revival - Lincoln Continental
    http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee8d8bf

pop on over and comment!
  • mariner7mariner7 Posts: 509
    According to Kelley Blue Book, top 10 are, in alphabetical order:

BMW 5-Series
    Chevrolet Corvette
    Honda Accord Hybrid
    Infiniti G35 Coupe
    Infiniti M45
    Lexus GX 470
    MINI Cooper
    Porsche Cayenne
    Toyota Prius
    Volvo XC90

Infiniti's the only brand with 2. There's not a single Lexus car or Mercedes vehicle. There are two hybrids. There are 3 SUV's. The only Porsche is Cayenne!!! Corvette is the lone American and sports car.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577
    BMW 5-Series
    Chevrolet Corvette
    Honda Accord Hybrid
    Infiniti G35 Coupe
    Infiniti M45
    Lexus GX 470
    MINI Cooper
    Porsche Cayenne
    Toyota Prius
    Volvo XC90

There's not a single Lexus car or Mercedes vehicle.

Hmmm, so the GX470 doesn't count.
  • There's not a single Lexus car or Mercedes vehicle.

Hmmm, so the GX470 doesn't count.

The GX470 is one of the three SUVs to which reference was made.
    As usual, totally confirms what I have been saying here for many months.
    In the real world, regardless of what the many dissenting posters feel, the E60 BMW reigns supreme. No surprise there.
    I was surprised that the LS430 didn't make the list.
  • jrock65jrock65 Posts: 1,371
    "As usual, totally confirms what I have been saying here for many months. In the real world, regardless of what the many dissenting posters feel, the E60 BMW reigns supreme."

Err, not exactly. The KBB report gave the best resale value award in the "Luxury" category to the Infiniti M45, not the 5 series.

2006 BEST RESALE VALUE: CATEGORY
    SEDAN: Honda Accord Hybrid
    LUXURY: Infiniti M45
    COUPE: Infiniti G35 Coupe
    PICKUP: Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
    CONVERTIBLE: Chevrolet Corvette
    SPORT UTILITY: Porsche Cayenne
    WAGON: Subaru Outback
    VAN / MINIVAN: Honda Odyssey
    HATCHBACK: MINI Cooper / Toyota Prius (Tie)

http://www.autointell-news.com/News-2005/Oct-2005/O-2005-2/O-12-05-p7.htm
    That's OK powders :surprise: ...it's good to have this forum up and running again. good stuff here! By and large there is mutual respect among owners...how could you not...these are all quality made machines. Once in a while though a responding poster should have access to an animated ROLLEYES emotorcon.(as mentioned by somebody in another forum) I could see it! :P
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    Yeah, I'd like an icon like that everytime someone posts that anybody who doesnt buy either a Ford Taurus or Chevy Impala is a Communist.
    I believe I still have some turkey tryptophan in my system as I completely overlooked that the list was in alphabetical order.
    I let the late, great Chester A Riley speak for us humbled E60 owners as he said it best: "What a revoltin' development this is!" ;)
    "....anybody who doesnt buy either a Ford Taurus or Chevy Impala is a Communist."

Senator Joe McCarthy (Regretfully from my home state) just rolled over in his grave when you mentioned Communist. Glad none of his surviving stock took up that cause! We might all be driving Detroit sleds.
  • deweydewey Posts: 5,243
    Senator Joe McCarthy (Regretfully from my home state) just rolled over in his grave when you mentioned Communist. Glad none of his surviving stock took up that cause! We might all be driving Detroit sleds

Please show more appreciation to the deceased Senator! It is because of him that we are not driving Ladas and Trabants.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Let's get away from the communism and McCarthy line here ... we really don't need to go there.
    Goodbye and good luck!
    ....and better tomorrows!