Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford ESP -- dealer or online ?

1235»

Comments

• I am considering a 2001 7.3L Diesel 4x4 with 63K miles on it. The Ford ESP for used vehicles is available in 48/48 in the extra care plan. My dealer quoted me $3115 while online at www.fordwarrantys.com they quote it at $2665.

My question is whether you would consider the ESP valuable to have on this vehicle and does anyone know the true dealer cost of this plan?
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Missed this one. Do you still need some info?
  • Wondering what a good price is for PremiumCare 6/100,000 at $0 and $50 for a new 2010 Fusion Hybrid with package 502A?

Also wondering what a 6/100,000 premium maintenance contract should cost?

Thanks.
  • jon91jon91 Posts: 1
    I'm interested in a 7 year premium care with a $50 deductible for a 2008 Taurus AWD with under 36000 miles. Any suggestions?
  • tobey1tobey1 Posts: 2
    what do you think about Ford ESP Premium Care 6yr/100K warranty with 3yr/45K miles maintenence pkg for hybrid for $2700?
  • jprocjproc Posts: 133
    isn't the powertrain warranty on a ford 5/60 to begin with? ( I have a focus but I don't remember exactly what warranty is).Irregardless on the Honda CRV we have we bought a 7-100 for $ 875 and I don't think Honda's original powertrain warranty is as good as Ford's.

So IMHO 2,700 is simply off the charts to expensive
  • tobey1tobey1 Posts: 2
    yes powertrain is 5/60- do you think that is only or main thing to worry about? the ext warranty covers everything - sync, a/c,.. bumper to bumper..
  • jprocjproc Posts: 133
    Powertrain is the most expensive stuff but I don't understand why a warranty on a Ford should be 3 x as expensive as a warranty on a Honda..Makes no sense and I suspect you could easily get the warranty offered to you for half the quoted cost.Good luck to you.
  • ptoyptoy Posts: 1
    Anyone out there knows the pricing for the Ford ESP TireCare Program? What are the terms and is it worth it? I bought a 2009 used MKS with custom wheels and trying o protect my tires/wheels package. Thanks!
  • capempcapemp Posts: 1
    Is $1850 a good price for a 5yr/60k extracare warranty on a 07 Freestyle awd with 59k miles on it? This is the price from Lombard Ford and the best price I could find online. Can I do better elsewhere? Hassett Ford quoted me 4yr/48k premium care at $2500. Thanks
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,613
    edited June 2011
    I got a quote from them on a new Explorer.
    It was about 65% less than I was offered by the selling dealer.
    Does your quote include the coupon discount?
    One thing about these Service Plans, even though they Ford plans, it has to be turned in at the selling dealership if canceled early to get a pro rated refund.
1235»