Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Vue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1235»

Comments

• shopdog97shopdog97 Posts: 151
    Thanks kydfx, for your response to my post about the Vue. Since I do not as yet have cash in hand to buy, there's no way I can know the condition of it or how many miles are on it. My main concern is how reliable these SUV's are, and I know that's a hard question to ask, sight unseen. Since I posted the original blog, I have leads on an '03 and an 04'VUE AWD and would like to know how these years faired. Does Edmunds have a site where you can go to get this information answered by just plugging in the year, make and model and seeing what owners of such say about them? I see some of that commentary in these blogs but always wondered if there was something that might go more in depth. I have a neighbor who has Vue with manual transmission that his wife drives and he says it has been very reliable for them. I THINK it is an 04 or 05, and I'm not sure if it is an AWD model. Funny you should mention the Equinox as I also have a few leads on that as well. We rented one in 2006 while our vehicle was in the body shop and although it was just FWD, we both liked the ride and performance with it. I thought it got fairly decent gas mileage for a vehicle of it's size. Anyway, thanks for the response and Happy New Year to you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    Scroll down, and look on the right side of this page. Under "Browse by Vehicle", you will find a dropdown menu, where you can choose the Saturn Vue.

Click GO, and you will find many, many discussions about the Saturn Vue.. You can do the same thing for the Chevy Equinox, which may have more posts, because it sold in greater numbers, when new.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tsi222tsi222 Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any information on this? My lease is up in July and the buyout price is 12,000.00.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    tsi222,
    What information are you looking for?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • kcrossleykcrossley Posts: 172
    I have an opportunity to purchase what looks to be a well maintained 2004 Saturn Vue V6, AWD for my youngest son. This will be his first car. The catch is this car has 172K on it. He will primarily be using it locally to go back and forth to school and work.

Is this car near the end of it's life or can I get another 40K out of it?
    How can I tell if it has a Honda motor in it?
    What Vue specific questions should I ask?
    What would be a reasonable price?

Thanks!
  • michaellnomichaellno Posts: 4,300
    I believe 2005 was the first model year where the Honda 3.5L V6 and 5-speed automatic were used in the VUE.

Having owned 2 VUEs (2005 and 2008), I can tell you that the service and maintenance history are quite important. Make sure that all maintenance has been done.

172K is quite a few miles for any car ... why do you want to get 40K more out of it? Do you have a specific budget in mind for a car for your son? There are plenty of vehicles available with fewer miles that might be a better choice for your son.

Best of luck, and let us know how it all turns out.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Posts: 172
    We're trying to get something in the $2,500 range. I said 40K because I figured since he's using it locally that would last him a few years.
1235»