Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Caddy Escalade

steven2steven2 Posts: 37
edited July 16 in Cadillac
Your thoughts? I like the sharp, cutting edge styling Cadilac introduced, which first appeared with the Escalade.

1) Will the new Escalade be another big hit?

2) Will Cadillac play follow the leader, and style all of its cars like the new Escalade asap?

Comments

• rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    2005 Cadillac Escalade gets upgraded OnStar Gen IV and totally revamped interior to differentiate it from the other trucks in the GM family built on the same platform.
  • steven2steven2 Posts: 37
    from what i had understood, this was going to be a total overhaul, so it would be unrecognizable from a suburban or yukon
  • theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    I wouldn't call new gauges a "totally revamped interior", rc. The new one will be on a different platform for 2006/2007.
    What!?! My friends at GMI said it was a TOTALLY NEW interior. Can you describe the interior changes theo?
    For 2005, here are the changes, as listed by the dealer website:

-Redesigned, highly-detailed instrument panel gauges with chrome bezels
    -Walnut Burl wood trim replaces Zebrano wood trim
    -Touch screen capability now included with (UM8) Navigation system (it looks the same)
    -Driver Information Center is less complicated, more user friendly
    -Carpet on lower door trim
    -Refreshed appearance on interior door handles

Reading it again, the description is vague about what an "instrument panel" is. I can't tell if they mean gauges or dashboard, probably gauges though. I say that because I don't see them putting a lot of money into the interior one year before a total redesign.
    Thanks man!
    Lets talk about the 06 redesign, though. How and do you improve? It's already a terrifc car, with sales records to support that claim.
    New interior mostly, plus an available V10 and maybe V12. *evil grin*
    Right now, I wouldn't dare buy an Escalade. I don't like the interior, the features are spartan compared to the other full-size luxury SUVs, and it's years behind the competition in safety features. For the 06 redesign, I'm hoping that they put RSC, side-curtains, FLAT-FOLDING-INTO-FLOOR third-row seat, totally different interior than its siblings, and yeah that's it for me.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,182
    The current model is missing side curtain airbags, a five-speed automatic transmission, cylinder deactivation, etc... I don't think it should command the price premium it does over a Tahoe. Look at the price difference between a Land Cruiser and an LX470--they're much closer. Cadillac may be trying to be more hip, but what if the new Escalade doesn't enjoy the ill-won popularity of the current one?
  • Some people really dont care about side curtain airbags, a five-speed automatic transmission, cylinder deactivation, etc. They just want to look good and be noticed thats all. Yeah the Escalade does not have a five speed or side curtain but it has the power people love compared to the very under powered LX470. I dont think the Lexus should command the Range Rover near $$ price it wants with that V8 yes I've driven several LXs but the power is not there.
  • hhunterhhunter Posts: 34
    I am looking at an '04 Escalde and do care about side curtain airbags. When are they coming? '05 or the '06 redesign?
    You shouldn't expect side curtain airbags on the Escalade, because they don't want to do too much to promote the car a year before the redesign. If you want near the same kuxury but like the Escalade platform, try the Yukon Denali.
  • diislesdiisles Posts: 1
    Does anybody know what the improvements will be on this new redesigned escalade in 06? And when it will come out,( as in 05 or in 06)?
    It is supposed to come out Fall 06.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Two full years from now? I hope the General gets with it this time and gives me something to consider more than just the larger engine.
    That's optimistic too. Lutz is fighting with the design department about the front end.
    What do you mean Lutz is fighting about the front end? Does he not like it??? Wow, this is interesting! Let us know theo!
  • evokevok Posts: 14
    Don't forget that the Escalade will have unique doors as well. Last I heard was design staff has been delayed because of the infighting between Lutz and Cafaro.
    that Lutz doesn't like the edgy look of Cadillac, and is trying to smooth out the lines on all of them. Anybody confirming or denying that?
    Unique doors, you say. How much time does it take to engineer doors? I can't imagine that would be the cause for the seven month delay versus the other SUVs.
    we are talking the General, you know......
  • samnoesamnoe Posts: 731
    Lutz should better focus on the dated interior, rather than the exterior. And I mean all of them, Escalade, Suburban & Yukon. We need both, nice design (kind of Chevy Equinox wouldn't be bad) AND good quality, especially for such an expensive vehicle as Escalade.
  • evokevok Posts: 14
    Theo: From what I hear, Lutz and Cafaro were at it over the front end. Lutz watered it down to the point it looks just like a mild up date of the current front end. Cafaro wanted to make it edgier then the current vehicle with huge head lamps. Very in your face.

Also, last I heard Lutz wanted unique doors. The math data was to be frozen months ago. It depends on how much Lutz wanted to change the door. If substancial it could affect the out ring sheet metal. New doors could be an expensive proposition.

I do not know if it officially has been pushed back or if the release date has been change but I know they are under the gun.
    I agree with samnoe - the problem isn't on the outside, it's the Chevy truck interior with plood here and there that is a turn off. Lutz should know better than that!
  • I thought that the Tahoe and Yukon would debeut first in 2006, then in 2007 the new Escalade would premire.

As like before the Tahoe and Yukon came out in 2000 then the Escalade in early 2001 sold as a 2002 model.
  • I leased (for spouse and 3 kids) a 2000 Ford Excursion V10 with limited slip diff. for two years. We decided NOT to buy. I now own a 2002 Acura MDX w/touring pkg. I love the MDX and it seats up to 7 with little luggage room. B/c it's paid for, I will prob. keep it another 10 years. I miss the large Excursion and its room, but the spouse wanted more luxury I looked at a $70k ESV, but can't justify the price. I can buy a 2000 Excursion for 12,000 and intall a better engine and new leather for uner 15,000. It's LARGER than the ESV and let's us keep $50k growing tax deferred. As for keeping up with the Jones family: newsflash: they are broke. Ha!
  • Jones, thats funny...Yes they are broke...COME ON buy the ESV...But which one though? The Platinum has many features.. Great Sound system, DVD-based navigation, rear seat DVD entertainment system with two 7-inch screens, 2nd- and 3rd-row, includes four wireless headphones
     Seating, heated and cooled, 1st- and 2nd-row
     Interior accents, chrome
     Trim, door panel, pleated leather
     Trim, burled walnut wood
     Cupholders, heated and cooled, 1st-row
     Pillars, premium headliner and cloth wrapped
     Floor mats, premium
     Wheels, 20-inch chrome aluminum, 9-spoke
     Sunroof, power
     Grille, chrome
     Badging, platinum
    All this is not worth 70K...Well I guess not....Hey what is larger than the Excursion?
  • eaton53eaton53 Posts: 356
    "Hey what is larger than the Excursion?"

This is (as pickups go, at least):
    http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/13/pf/autos/monster_truck/
  • lordaddylordaddy Posts: 3
    A restyle would be nice, but PLEASE GM get rid of the huge Caddy emblem on the back of the SUV. If you get it any bigger you could use it as a tire. Other than that, sweet ride. Could use some updating and it needs to be set apart from the Suburban.
This discussion has been closed.